• Kenny Lawler

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Tanner McEvoy

Votes: 98 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Keep Mcevoy. He's valuable in many areas on the team, and has a year of game experience.

Keep Kasen. He provides potential, and can be a red zone threat

Hawks46

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2zzjeyxa said:
McKissic is listed as a RB and likely makes the roster anyway.

This. Thus I went McEvoy and Williams.

Both are the best we have at high pointed the ball and getting contested grabs, and McEvoy is special athletically.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":lq44v7f9 said:

So how many RB's do they keep then?

Lacey, Carson, Rawls, Prosise, and McKissic? what about FB?

Hawks46":lq44v7f9 said:
This. Thus I went McEvoy and Williams.

Both are the best we have at high pointed the ball and getting contested grabs, and McEvoy is special athletically.

I'd argue Jimmy is the best at that. Maybe a little redundant if both those guys are just Kearse replacements. I think we need Richardson and Lockett replacements just as much.

This is going to be a hard decision for the Coaches/GM. No wonder there are rumors we are trying to trade Rawls. Free us a skill position for McKissic and still keep McEvoy, Darboh, and Williams.

At this point I think Kasen is the most likely surprise cut and the one to cause the most outrage when he doesn't make our PS. I hope we find a way to keep him. Trading Kearse might be the only way.

Erebus

Reaction score
Wenhawk":264kwm9l said:
My other was McKissic, first one I don't want Lockett or Baldwin returning kicks and McKissic could provide a spark here. Another thing is he can play the slot WR position, he can play RB, with an oft injured RB core we might need a 5th RB more than we think.

I don't understand anyone that doesn't want to see Lockett returning kicks and punts. Do you not want to be great at an aspect of the game that we're perfectly capable of being great at? He's just as likely to take a big hit as a WR than he is at KR/PR. What's the point of having him on the team if you're afraid to play him because he's going to get hurt?

LolaRox

Reaction score
Wenhawk" This is going to be a hard decision for the Coaches/GM. [color=#00FF00:1d7thwg9 said:
No wonder there are rumors we are trying to trade Rawls.[/color] Free us a skill position for McKissic and still keep McEvoy, Darboh, and Williams.

Really, where did you hear that?

I voted for McEvoy and Mckissic -

Tanner is a good football player and has shown it in real football games. He also has a unique size/skillset from any of the other WR.

Mckissic (as pointed out by MontanaHawk05) is listed as a RB and apparently the team changed his number to RB#37. I don't know if it means anything but my guess is it does means something or why do it before the 4th preseason game? He is a utility player RB, WR, returner, covers kicks... He has value on this team especially until they feel comfortable with Lockett returning again.

Kasen - had a couple very nice catches and a few other good plays, but is a dupe of Kearse. I think Kasen gets a bump from the Hawks' fan base because he played for Washington.

Darbo - hasn't caught a pass, there is no way he should make this team over Tanner, Mckissic or Willliams. I think he can make it through to PS, lots of teams are trying to keep their own guys and he hasn't stood out in pre season.

Ultimately I think they can keep Tanner, McKissic and either Williams or Darboh.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Cut the curse...or trade him to Cleveland...macevoy and Williams are just plain better. Kearse seems to get a free pass because he is buddies with Russ and Doug

Josea16

Reaction score
Hendo66":3a7xc73x said:
Regarding Kearse,
The Bears have nobody at WR. I'm sure there are a few more teams that could use a solid Vet WR.
Flip him for something. Anything.
Jets and Buffalo to name a couple. Thing is I just don't know if he actually has trade value just like Lane.

chris98251

Reaction score
Mckissic (as pointed out by MontanaHawk05) is listed as a RB and apparently the team changed his number to RB#37.

Something that would have never happened to 45 and 24.

svenge

Reaction score
Definitely #18 (K. Williams) and #19 (T. McEvoy). Let #84 (Darboh) stay on the PS until needed.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Darboh is a really interesting one. On one hand, he hasn't done a thing in a game. But they see him in practice, all he did in college etc. And the fact that he was a 3rd rd pick. Hard to believe he would make it to practice squad and/or not get swooped up.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I'm high on K. Williams as well. Of course my opinion is one in the same that thought Nick Reed and Benson Mayowa (sp) absolutely had to make the team and were going to "crush it" due to their camp and preseason play.

That being said, I feel very strongly that at least one of the top two vote getters will make the 53. I hope both.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Kasen Williams without a doubt (and IS there any doubt? I'd call him a virtual lock at this point) ... and J.D. McKissic.

I say McKissic due to his versatility (WR, RB (Prosise role of dual receiving/running threat), KR, PR, and Special Teams coverage). I'm going to say it now -- unless something changes (and things most certainly could after his Saturday) --
McKissic WILL be either returning kickoffs and/or returning punts for this team to start the regular season.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hendo66":28lkwm0a said:
MontanaHawk05":28lkwm0a said:
Hendo66":28lkwm0a said:
Regarding Kearse,
The Bears have nobody at WR. I'm sure there are a few more teams that could use a solid Vet WR.
Flip him for something. Anything.

If he's a "solid vet WR", we could use him, too.

If he's garbage, the Bears won't want him.

Which is he?

Easy answer, solid vet. Especially to a WR needy team.

But one i think the Hawks' can definitely survive without and not loose one of the young up and comers.
(McEvoy/Williiams/Darboh)

Our wide receivers are small and oft-gimpy. Depth and experience are needed there. Kearse had one down year, prior to which he had a nice little niche in the quick-passing system Bevell rolled out in 2015. He was better in 2015 than he was in 2014.

It annoys me when Wilson trusts him more than he should, but I don't see any reason to kick him off the roster for guys who have nine, zero, and zero NFL receptions respectively, and I don't think the Seahawks do either. He's going to have to have a bad 2017 before he qualifies as churn bait.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2z2moy8p said:
MontanaHawk05":2z2moy8p said:

So how many RB's do they keep then?

Lacey, Carson, Rawls, Prosise, and McKissic? what about FB?

My guess is that they carry no FB until after the bye, when they can bring back Marcel Reece for cheaper. By then, one of those five guys will have left the roster in one way or another.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
svenge":2wmbxrrf said:
Definitely #18 (K. Williams) and #19 (T. McEvoy). Let #84 (Darboh) stay on the PS until needed.

I really doubt Darboh would clear waivers and make it to the PS. Kid was a 3rd round pick. I would be really surprised if he's cut.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Erebus":20s0r9sf said:
I don't understand anyone that doesn't want to see Lockett returning kicks and punts. Do you not want to be great at an aspect of the game that we're perfectly capable of being great at?

As someone who has mentioned McKissic taking on return duties, I will comment. I only feel that he should do so until Lockett is back up to full speed and ready to take over. There certainly may be people who want to protect Lockett from return duties, but I do not feel this way.

It would not surprise me if Lockett needs half a season, or more, before he is really back into game condition and ready to take over return duties in addition to his receiving contribution. Unless he is ready to go, 100%, in game 1, I would keep McKissic and give him a chance to show that he is something more than Brian Walters.

OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Darboh and Lawler showed well in game 4 this is going to be some tough decisions at WR. With Kearse and Collins both likely gone and Mckissic moving to RB we could end up with 4 of these guys on the roster. something tells me Kasen is still not a lock.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2w7kx6s6 said:
Darboh and Lawler showed well in game 4 this is going to be some tough decisions at WR. With Kearse and Collins both likely gone and Mckissic moving to RB we could end up with 4 of these guys on the roster. something tells me Kasen is still not a lock.

I would say Kasen is more of a lock then any single player on that list

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Rat":2adrfgx2 said:
This is pretty easy.

Amara Darboh: Living in Michigan and being married to a big Wolverines fan, I've seen Darboh play a lot, and I think he's an absolute gamer. You can set your watch to his clutch catches, and I think he looks like someone who will be even better in the pros. Carroll and Schneider seem to agree, seeing as they just used a third round pick on him a few months ago. I know we haven't seen much of him yet, but it sounds like that has been largely injury-related, and I don't take preseason stats seriously anyway; there are just too many variables in play, especially for wideouts. It'd be a big mistake to give up on a third-round pick with no off-field issues before he has taken a single snap in a meaningful game. I don't want to sneak him onto IR either, as I believe he can be a productive guy for us this season.

Tanner McEvoy: McEvoy has a tantalizing skillset and is a big play waiting to happen. We knew he would take some time when signed him, but the potential payoff would be worth it. We've already invested over a year into him, and I'd really hate to see some other team cash in on all our hard work.
How does this fit in to "always compete!" ....? What message does it send to cut the guys who have earned it in order to keep the "gamer"?

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
brimsalabim":134tvnms said:
Rat":134tvnms said:
This is pretty easy.

Amara Darboh: Living in Michigan and being married to a big Wolverines fan, I've seen Darboh play a lot, and I think he's an absolute gamer. You can set your watch to his clutch catches, and I think he looks like someone who will be even better in the pros. Carroll and Schneider seem to agree, seeing as they just used a third round pick on him a few months ago. I know we haven't seen much of him yet, but it sounds like that has been largely injury-related, and I don't take preseason stats seriously anyway; there are just too many variables in play, especially for wideouts. It'd be a big mistake to give up on a third-round pick with no off-field issues before he has taken a single snap in a meaningful game. I don't want to sneak him onto IR either, as I believe he can be a productive guy for us this season.

Tanner McEvoy: McEvoy has a tantalizing skillset and is a big play waiting to happen. We knew he would take some time when signed him, but the potential payoff would be worth it. We've already invested over a year into him, and I'd really hate to see some other team cash in on all our hard work.
How does this fit in to "always compete!" ....? What message does it send to cut the guys who have earned it in order to keep the "gamer"?
Because in Darboh's case you have to look long term. Always comPETE does not mean you throw away a player who has the potential to be a top WR after his rookie preseason just because a veteran player had a little better showing that summer.

Latest posts