I'm glad we got away with some holding

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Score more points. Don't let the opponent go the length of the field in OT. Do more to win. Excuses and blaming one call doesn't change the fact that the Hawks on the game. F that guy.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Even the drive killing call on Parkinson was questionable. Looked like well within 5 yards that the contact was made. Plenty of bad calls to go around on both sides if you ask me.

Optimus25

Reaction score
the reason the hold wasn't called is because Hutchinson performed a rip technique. Although it is a 50/50 in my opinion that went our way, the rules are clear when you use rip technique that holding very likely may not be called.

renofox

Reaction score
Even the drive killing call on Parkinson was questionable. Looked like well within 5 yards that the contact was made. Plenty of bad calls to go around on both sides if you ask me.
A receiver may not initiate a block more than 1 yard beyond the line of scrimmage before the pass is thrown on a pass play where the pass crosses the line of scrimmage before being caught.

A defender may not maintain contact with a receiver more than 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage during any pass play.

Different rules for receivers vs. defenders.

Parkinson initiated contact (blocked) well beyond 1 yard. Good call.

kidhawk

Reaction score
A receiver may not initiate a block more than 1 yard beyond the line of scrimmage before the pass is thrown on a pass play where the pass crosses the line of scrimmage before being caught.

A defender may not maintain contact with a receiver more than 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage during any pass play.

If you want to be technical, then it's not really PI on Witherspoon when he's on the field and the receiver runs through his spot, but yet that was the call.

Personally, I don't expect perfection from referees, I just want to see things called the same both ways. I think that was mostly done on Sunday.

As for the holding stuff, they weren't really calling offensive holding that game, and that's perfectly fine as there were holds going on all day. If they had called the final hold after letting it go all day long, I'd have been pissed, because as an official, you have to call it consistently all day.

rjdriver

Reaction score

Didn't know that. Thanks for the input!

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
If you want to be technical, then it's not really PI on Witherspoon when he's on the field and the receiver runs through his spot, but yet that was the call.

Personally, I don't expect perfection from referees, I just want to see things called the same both ways. I think that was mostly done on Sunday.

As for the holding stuff, they weren't really calling offensive holding that game, and that's perfectly fine as there were holds going on all day. If they had called the final hold after letting it go all day long, I'd have been pissed, because as an official, you have to call it consistently all day.
That call was for having his arms around the receiver and using that to turn him a bit, not for simple contact.

irfuben32

Reaction score
I was happy about the no call because I have consistently seen worse done to our D Linemen that is not called.

kidhawk

Reaction score
That call was for having his arms around the receiver and using that to turn him a bit, not for simple contact.

But the receiver initiated the contact well past where it was legal, thus it could have easily been offsetting penalties there. I don't think that the call was necessarily wrong, I was merely pointing out a technicality.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
The Venn diagram of people who now say “let them play” and people who’d say that if the teams were reversed is two very faintly touching circles.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Would you rather they get ticky tack like crazy at the end of the games, or swallow the whistle a little more with the game on the line?