Im ready for a coaching change

Joyodongo

Reaction score
Slick":3dbsv9wr said:
BS. These are the good times. Enjoy them. 11 wins. Divisional round. Something to build on next year where we will address personnel and scheme.

Will we address personnel (coaching) and scheme? Really? Are you sure?

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Harbaugh and Payton both missed the playoffs three years in a row.
The Packers missed the playoffs two years in a row under McCarthy
Since his super bowl win Pederson has a Divisional and a wildcard exit.
Even McVay goes from Super Bowl to no playoffs

Is their a logical reason despite all of his flaws Pete is not the second best coach in the NFL?

And before you tell me Pete is nothing without Russell didn't the Packers have a healthy Rodgers last year and still make the playoffs despite having their franchise QB?

John63

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":3oyk93a9 said:
Harbaugh and Payton both missed the playoffs three years in a row.
The Packers missed the playoffs two years in a row under McCarthy
Since his super bowl win Pederson has a Divisional and a wildcard exit.
Even McVay goes from Super Bowl to no playoffs

Is their a logical reason despite all of his flaws Pete is not the second best coach in the NFL?

And before you tell me Pete is nothing without Russell didn't the Packers have a healthy Rodgers last year and still make the playoffs despite having their franchise QB?

Maybe he is, maybe he is not. Does not mean he is still right for this team at this time. In addition as it relates to GB last year please keep in mind Rodgers and the packers coach at that time were fighting openly. So the answer is yes right now PC is winning because Wilson is that good. Imagine if he was unleashed for the whole game.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Hawkpower":g6ceyoet said:
And Pete’s in the playoffs again, while many of the offensive genius’ are sitting at home.

Those guys dont have the luxury of having a QB that can constantly bail you out either.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Maybe we could see what Mora JR is up to? LMFAO, you guys are either too young to remember or started rooting the Super Bowl year.........no real Seahawks fan would complain about making the playoffs!!! Only 1 team wins, all other teams want to win, its very,very tough to get there. Pete has missed the playoffs once since 2011, before then we were lucky to sniff the playoffs!!!

Hawkpower

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1fwrvb1a said:
Hawkpower":1fwrvb1a said:
And Pete’s in the playoffs again, while many of the offensive genius’ are sitting at home.

Those guys dont have the luxury of having a QB that can constantly bail you out either.

They don't? Guess we would have to define who we are talking about then.

Additionally, I guess we'd have to define what you mean by Russ bailing Pete out. Is this one of those scenarios where if things go right, Russ gets the credit, if things go wrong Pete gets the blame?

Wonder if life is ever that simple...... :roll:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2xoardh8 said:
Crizilla":2xoardh8 said:
All young offensive minded coaches, some being rookie head coaches, in that order, took down Pete Caroll and the Seattle Seahawks.

Week 14 loss to Rams
Week 16 loss to Cardinals
Week 17 loss to 49ers
Divisional Playoff loss to Packers

Really makes you think.

We Should get a young guy like McVay!! Look what he was able to...

Oh wait......

Be careful what you wish for.
I think McVay is overrated a bit.... but his team was in the Super Bowl just last year, so there is that.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1dbprrn7 said:
Hawkpower":1dbprrn7 said:
Crizilla":1dbprrn7 said:
All young offensive minded coaches, some being rookie head coaches, in that order, took down Pete Caroll and the Seattle Seahawks.

Week 14 loss to Rams
Week 16 loss to Cardinals
Week 17 loss to 49ers
Divisional Playoff loss to Packers

Really makes you think.

We Should get a young guy like McVay!! Look what he was able to...

Oh wait......

Be careful what you wish for.
I think McVay is overrated a bit.... but his team was in the Super Bowl just last year, so there is that.

And didn’t make the playoffs this year.

Which is the point.

Consistently great coaches like Pete are hard to come by. Many of our fans don’t appreciate that.

John63

Reaction score
well since we are not sure if the reason we are winning is Pete or Wilson and the reason we start slow is Pete or Wilson, why not get rid of one and see.

Or we could look at back and look

lets look at Petes record as a NFl coach pre Wilson
47-49 loosing

Since Wilson
100-59 winning

Lets just look at Seattle though
pre Wilson
14-18

Since Wilson
86-41

Historically his teams start slow, which he validates since he says he like sot use the first half to test the defense, and you can't win in the 1, 2,3rd etc etc

The way I see it if he wants to continue to play the way he seems to want to he needs sot build a top 3 defense and run game. If that's what you want to do you don't need a top QB, making what Wilson makes. If you are not going to build around Wilson players, and system then get a Qb that is cheaper and can do what you want.

That is what makes no sense why pay an Elite Franchise QB that kind of money and not build a system around him.

SlickRick

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1n5t1j78 said:
SlickRick":1n5t1j78 said:
Love Pete, but last few years Seattle either squeaks into the playoffs to get eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round, or miss entirely the way they did a few years back when they finished 9-7. It might be time, to look into an offense minded coach. Look what reid has mahomes doing

Pete deserves criticism, but this isnt it.

Getting to and winning playoff games in the NFL is hard. You don't dismiss seasons ending in "only the divisional round" unless you are a Patriot fan or you are super young and inexperienced with how things work.

Pete has been successful here. I want him to be better at some aspects of his job. But he has been successful.

Not super young but doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the def of insanity & I'm glad you're ok with playoff bounces.

Russ isn't getting any younger, his prime window will close & whos the next qb up? 10 years of trying to replace him ?

Its superbowl or bust with Russell Wilson. Maybe go be a fan of the browns .

If I can steal pittpnthrs answer , this is why
Im ready for a change too. Its not going to get any better as long as Pete is still here. Precious time is being wasted with Russ and this offense. Making the playoffs is nice but whats the point if you never get any further than the 1st round? Any offensive minded coach will do. Even if it doesnt work out, its worth the shot at this point

SlickRick

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":1gj71azs said:
SlickRick":1gj71azs said:
Love Pete, but last few years Seattle either squeaks into the playoffs to get eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round, or miss entirely the way they did a few years back when they finished 9-7. It might be time, to look into an offense minded coach. Look what reid has mahomes doing

The Reid with a losing record in the playoffs and 0 super bowls?

If you think Pete is conservative and bad at clock management you would hate Reid.

People thought Harbaugh and Payton were the best coaches in the league, remind me how many playoff games they won?

Or Pete who had been fired or 7-9 for multiple years . Reid's finally has(a this generations)qb, just like Pete has his. You can't win without a great qb consistently. Wouldn't be surprised if the chiefs win this year

Who was Pete before russ in the NFL? Just a good college coach , great ... 7-9 , 7-9 in Seattle

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Likely Pete will be like George Karl.

People will get frustrated by his constantly falling short, then when he leaves we will get some godawful coach that is the NFL equivalent of Paul Westphal. We are what we are, but suspect we will be worse without Pete.

Then all those holes somehow that Pete overcame (and often caused) will be more glaring.

What we want is Pete, with competent and good DC and OCs. That won't happen. Pete is too loyal to remove underachieving coordinators.

When Pete leaves, it will likely be worse. But you almost have to try because you don't get a QB like Wilson often, if not for generations. And there is the chance it will be like GB, get rid of the coach and since the coach didn't matter (it was the QB)...they keep winning with another coach.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SlickRick":23tl5oml said:
Hawkpower":23tl5oml said:
SlickRick":23tl5oml said:

Getting to and winning playoff games in the NFL is hard. You don't dismiss seasons ending in "only the divisional round" unless you are a Patriot fan or you are super young and inexperienced with how things work.

Pete has been successful here. I want him to be better at some aspects of his job. But he has been successful.

Not super young but doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the def of insanity & I'm glad you're ok with playoff bounces.

Russ isn't getting any younger, his prime window will close & whos the next qb up? 10 years of trying to replace him ?

Im ready for a change too. Its not going to get any better as long as Pete is still here. Precious time is being wasted with Russ and this offense. Making the playoffs is nice but whats the point if you never get any further than the 1st round? Any offensive minded coach will do. Even if it doesnt work out, its worth the shot at this point

Its not going to get any better? It already did. Two years in a row. Not that long ago. Pete has already shown he can win it all. What are you talking about?

And, only once has Pete failed to get past the first round. Pete nearly always gets past the first round.

I'm not "ok" with playoff bounces, but it happens. Only one team every year gets to not get bounced. Takes quite a few things going right along with a pretty special roster to make it happen. Those of you who think that Pete, if he was a good coach, would have us in the Super Bowl every year are out of your minds.

Good coaches get their teams to the playoffs often, with a chance, with some breaks, to win it all. Pete has been and will continue to do, just that.

SlickRick

Reaction score
Hawkpower":134161mu said:
SlickRick":134161mu said:
Hawkpower":134161mu said:
SlickRick":134161mu said:

Its not going to get any better? It already did. Two years in a row. Not that long ago. Pete has already shown he can win it all. What are you talking about?

And, only once has Pete failed to get past the first round. Pete nearly always gets past the first round.

I'm not "ok" with playoff bounces, but it happens. Only one team every year gets to not get bounced. Takes quite a few things going right along with a pretty special roster to make it happen. Those of you who think that Pete, if he was a good coach, would have us in the Super Bowl every year are out of your minds.

Good coaches get their teams to the playoffs often, with a chance, with some breaks, to win it all. Pete has been and will continue to do, just that.

Let's see how many super bowl Pete's takes Seattle to while he's still here, I'll wait.. by the way so will you, Seattle will keep getting bounced. We will be having this discussion again next year , but you will be here like the rest great year raw raw , no superbowl again shucks ,,, Pete's baby is his defense & ironically it has gotten worse and worse each year, Seattle wins inspite of him not because

John63

Reaction score
Hawkpower":250htbrd said:
SlickRick":250htbrd said:
Hawkpower":250htbrd said:
SlickRick":250htbrd said:

again his record without Wilson is sub 500, so how much is PC? FYi 2 teams get to not get bounced only one wins the championship. the issue is not getting bounced it is getting bounce the same way, and not giving it our all for 4 qtrs.

SlickRick

Reaction score
John63":357wp4k2 said:
Hawkpower":357wp4k2 said:
SlickRick":357wp4k2 said:
Hawkpower":357wp4k2 said:

again his record without Wilson is sub 500, so how much is PC? FYi 2 teams get to not get bounced only one wins the championship. the issue is not getting bounced it is getting bounce the same way, and not giving it our all for 4 qtrs.

John 63 speaks to much truth, let me add on to that thought, seattle with wilson shouldn't be geezers let's get to the playoffs. It should be let's get that superbowl ring again and again and again. Build around russ,anything less is a let down. Because once russ retires then Seattle will truly be in a hell hole with rotating qbs for who knows how many years. Waiting to strike gold like the rest of the teams with no qb.

This is the time to strike , while russ is in town.. or you can ask the colts how there season went with out luck or any team dying for a qb. Green bay did there thing maybe it's time for Seattle

SirTed

Reaction score
SlickRick":3v0tfvuq said:
John63":3v0tfvuq said:
Hawkpower":3v0tfvuq said:
SlickRick":3v0tfvuq said:

John 63 speaks to much truth, let me add on to that thought, seattle with wilson shouldn't be geezers let's get to the playoffs. It should be let's get that superbowl ring again and again and again. Anything less is a let down. Because once russ retires then Seattle will truly be in a hell hole with rotating qbs for who knows how many years. Waiting to strike gold like the rest of the teams with no qb.

This is the time to strike , while russ is in town.. or you can ask the colts how there season went with out luck or any team dying for a qb. Green bay did there thing maybe it's time for Seattle

This thought process is so simple... I don't understand why more teams don't adopt it. Get a franchise QB, and it's Super Bowl or bust, every season.

So is RW the only franchise quarterback in the NFL? Why don't the other franchise QB's win, every year. Obviously, NE does, or most years - but look throughout the league. Are all these coaches idiots? Do they all have bad game plans? Sean McVay is a genius one season, and out of the playoffs the next. Baltimore was a freaking Juggernaut this season. What happened? What happened in almost every season of Rodgers prime? Brees? Do these teams not go Super Bowl or bust, every year?

You're likely right - when RW is done, we'll likely be looking a carousel of losing and mediocrity. That's what it was like prior to Pete getting here for the years after MH, and that's DEFINITELY what it was like prior to the Holmgren years. That's what it's like for MOST OF THE LEAGUE, MOST OF THE TIME. How many consistently contending teams are out there? How many go, or win the SB every year? ONE.

It's ok to criticize Pete and his staff. I suppose it's okay to be ready to move on, but really think about what you're saying, what you're giving up, and for the most part, what the rest of the league deals with every year. Consistently winning in this league has proved near impossible. It's literally structured to make that incredibly difficult. Is it a surprise that SF is as good as they are? The Rams? They've both been picking in the top 5 for the last 5+ years, while the Hawks are picking in the 20's. They're SUPPOSED to get good. This is what is supposed to happen. On the other hand, sustained success is made difficult by coaching staffs being poached. Drafting late in rounds. Top players leaving in FA. Other top players staying, but sucking it up cap dollars.
All of that has happened to the Seahawks. Yet and still, they contend.

diver110

Reaction score
There is the Broncos switch from Reeves that worked, and then there is the Chargers change from Schottenheimer that did not work, and the latter is more likely. One thing that is worse than losing in the playoffs is not making the playoffs.

D

DomeHawk

Tired of the PC apologists and tired of Pete.

Pete has a philosophy that only works when you have the perfect storm of players on the roster. After the 2013 season where we won the SB everyone thought we had a genius HC/GM. We have found out thru subsequent years that we do not. The players we found in later rounds and thru easy signs were as much a product of luck as skill.

WE are squandering a QB that should have two rings and possibly three by now. This whole idea of starting slow with predictable running plays even when they are not working will NOT work unless you have a great defense. Did you hear what I said? - will NOT work.

Yesterday's game was a replay of last year's game with Dallas. I am sick to death of it!