I'm really starting to believe Pete is no longer the right H

djb28

Reaction score
Just because PC has an extension doesn't mean he can't be fired like any other player in the league.
If being stuck in the same ol' situation doesn't bother the people who sign the checks then shame on them.
If it does, then a change can happen.

evergreen

Reaction score
Anyone crying for Russ to cook are missing the point that he is cooked right now. He has lost his mojo which he does this time of year or when pressured a lot. I don't think that's on the coaches. It was a bad game for us and not our only one. We have also won a couple of bad games that we played this year. If you think about it all things considered if no time out is called we probably win. That sucks. The blocked punt was close to a td too. We played a few clunkers in 2013 towards the end of the season. Last year we sure had some clunkers at the end too. Just like that Carson fumble, we gave it away. As soon as Russ gets his head out of his ass we'll be fine.

LTH

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":9rh50w4l said:
Three of the four loses were by less than 1 score. In those three the Hawks had the ball with a chance to win. I get it, all he does is put his team in positions to win Virtually every game. That’s terrible.

On the game tonight they posted a stat for the last wonder boy Shanahan...0-27 when trailing by 7 or more in the 2nd half.

I think your hitting the nail on the head.... but I have come to the conclusion that people, although good intentioned, are going to believe what they want to believe... some would argue a point even if they know they are wrong... your argument is undeniable IMO you have proven the point well...

Good job!!

LTH

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":2zlyrc0u said:
Three of the four loses were by less than 1 score. In those three the Hawks had the ball with a chance to win. I get it, all he does is put his team in positions to win Virtually every game. That’s terrible.

On the game tonight they posted a stat for the last wonder boy Shanahan...0-27 when trailing by 7 or more in the 2nd half.
This is the only problem I have with the people who constantly bitch moan about Pete. The complaints never take into account that Every other franchise less New England has performed worse over the same period. The issues people bring up about Pete, I agree with and I think most of us fans do. The problem is, just like with Russell, fans don't evaluate other teams or other QBs as thoroughly as they do their own team. It's all recency bias. Fans watch the prime time games for the Rams/9ers or whoever else has the newest genius coach and hear the endless platitudes being hammered home about amazing every play the new genius calls is. inevitably they start to covet that new genius and relate every mistake by their own team through that lens. Forget the fact that NONE of those coaches has yet to even equal what Seattle has done. That gets completely ignored. It's easy to rationalize not taking that little fact into account. After all the new genius is young they're guaranteed to only get better, right? The problem is, they aren't guaranteed to get better. San Fran is about to enter cap hell. I believe the Rams are close if not entering the same hell. It's easy to assume that those young guys are gonna eclipse what Pete and Seattle have done since 2012, but the odds are, they won't even come close. They haven't even secured the hardest part yet. Winning the SB at least once.

Passing all the time has never lead to a SB win, but we'd win so much more if we just let Russ throw all of the time. Until we don't win more. If we just had that new shiny coach or coordinator, we'd go so much deeper in the playoffs and have a legit shot at a SB. Except they haven't proven that they can do that more often than any other good coach. They may well do that in the next 5-7 years, but the smart money is on the not doing it.

Grass is greener, someone else's girl is hotter, that other dude's car is way cooler, but......is it really?

Latest posts