I'm so tired of bevell....

m0ng0

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3vx71mdp said:
Spin Doctor":3vx71mdp said:
hawknation2014":3vx71mdp said:
Sgt. Largent":3vx71mdp said:
Must suck for Bevell when everyone hates him passing on 4th down AND running on 4th down.

Damn it Darrell, why don't you run when want you to run, but if it's not successful why didn't you pass!..............but only if we should have passed when we didn't run!.......but wait, if that doesn't work you need to run when you should have passed!

I see nothing wrong with running Lynch on 4th and 1. As I see it, Lynch churns out that First Down 4/5 times that play is run.
The problem with that run was the play call. We were running the ball out of shotgun up the gut against a defense that was stacking the box up the gut. We should have done it out of the I formation instead of out of the shotgun, IMO.

It's worked both ways for us. The problem on the 4th and 1 when Lynch got stuffed was Sweezy got blown back three yards into the backfield.

See that's the thing with play calling people, it doesn't matter if you're freaking Bill Walsh, you still need your players to make plays.

Hate Bevell all you want, but our players did not make the 2-3 key plays to win the game yesterday. Got out worked and out hustled.

spot on!

Bobblehead

Reaction score
On the matter of play calling.

I really enjoyed KC's play calls, I thought they were spirited, left us perplexed and confused and it was fun.

How much better could it be with Russell back there giving yo one more element?

bandiger

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1rq95wf2 said:
On the matter of play calling.

I really enjoyed KC's play calls, I thought they were spirited, left us perplexed and confused and it was fun.

How much better could it be with Russell back there giving yo one more element?

Well Reid tried to draft Wilson, just barely missed him ;). I can only imagine the type of numbers he would put up with D. Jax and Maclin.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pehawk":1syatpmt said:
DId you just want to prove to us you listened to Brock and Salk? If so, well, awesome man! High five...I'm proud of you.

My point is someone who played the sport of football at the highest level, at the most important position on the team, and is now being paid to not only color commentate college games but paid to talk about sports on the radio knows more about this topic than some random dudes on an internet forum.

I actually hope Bevell does get fired, not because I don't like him, I actually think he's a good O-coordinator and works well with Russell and Pete. I hope he gets fired so all you guys STFU.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":rf5dh09n said:
pehawk":rf5dh09n said:
DId you just want to prove to us you listened to Brock and Salk? If so, well, awesome man! High five...I'm proud of you.

My point is someone who played the sport of football at the highest level, at the most important position on the team, and is now being paid to not only color commentate college games but paid to talk about sports on the radio knows more about this topic than some random dudes on an internet forum.

I actually hope Bevell does get fired, not because I don't like him, I actually think he's a good O-coordinator and works well with Russell and Pete. I hope he gets fired so all you guys STFU.

To further the arguement Sgt, if they are that tired of Bevell, then they must also be tired of Pete. And Cable. And Norton. And Richards. Etc.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1bvvvdk1 said:

hahaha, next dartboard up.....everybody here can call a better game then Bevell, everybody here can be a better head coach then Pete, everybody here can be a better GM then JC. hell if .net ran this team it would be 16-0.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
m0ng0":fcrq5o2h said:
Sgt. Largent":fcrq5o2h said:

hahaha, next dartboard up.....everybody here can call a better game then Bevell, everybody here can be a better head coach then Pete, everybody here can be a better GM then JC. hell if .net ran this team it would be 16-0.

We would score a TD on every drive.

morgulon1

Reaction score
marko358":1b2m0xau said:
rjdriver":1b2m0xau said:
I get the post, I'm frustrated too.

However, we gave the Beast the ball on fourth and one and they stopped us. We have no clue whether Beast would have scored on the 4th and Goal. I think it would have been a much, much better playcall, but there is a reason KC hasn't allowed a rushing TD all year

This loss would be a little less painful if we would have went to the Beast and he didn't get in.

Would have helped if we used our 900 lb FB to create a gap to run through.

True. We have a FB that looks like a psychotic Las Vegas bodyguard. Run behind him.

White Devil

Reaction score
seedhawk":38oay7pp said:
Sgt. Largent":38oay7pp said:
pehawk":38oay7pp said:

To further the arguement Sgt, if they are that tired of Bevell, then they must also be tired of Pete. And Cable. And Norton. And Richards. Etc.

Why?

If Pete was a coach like Payton or Andy Reid and called the plays...I could see the point. He's not. Pete has his philosophy and approach to the game, it has worked so far between him and JS with only an occasional hiccup (Harvin). They get the talent and field the team...the problem is that the current OC doesn't match the team they have, be it by bad moves or injury.

Last season and 2012 Pete held the reigns tight on what Bevell called, partly because of a Rookie/Young QB and partly because Pete believed his defense would keep them in any game. The playbook has been expanded this season, and Bevell has had his opportunities to show his talent, and hopefully get a crack at becoming a HC somewhere. The focus of that playbook was to be a healthy Percy Harvin. Well, he's gone. The defense isn't what it was last season due to injuries and depth. And the playbook doesn't work with what this team puts on the field. He hasn't adapted at all during the season.

I find it laughable that you're so shocked that people are upset with Bevell. It's not like this is the first year that his situational play calling has been criticized. I don't get your total faith in what he has done with the offense since he's been here. Cable? I like Cable, but think he's been dealt a shitty hand trying to build an effective O Line with the scraps he's been given. Sweezy shows what Cable can do with his coaching. That's an amazing success story. In truth I look forward to Cable taking over the play calling. His style is much closer to the team that is currently on the roster.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":pulr8tzm said:
pehawk":pulr8tzm said:

But, the point you brought up about Brock isn't germane to the specifics being discussed in this thread. It literally has zero to do with it. You might as well have come in and blurted out "my favorite number is blue and Brock Huard is a pancake".

And, if that's truly how you feel, that none of us are qualified nor have the intellect to discuss football, why are you here? That's the whole point of this place.

What's really lame is people running in saying "oh yeah, what do you know?! You're not a coach". "Lol, you just whine because we lost": All that basically equals; there's a conversation going on, I want to join, but the 30 seconds it takes to read it is too much commitment".

A lot of you do that every time, regardless whether there's reasoned analysis going on or not. White Devil and Scotte each brought up specific plays and ideas. Each laid it out in a thoughtful and concise manner. How about if you don't have a reasoned and thought out reply, don't say a thing? It does absolutely zero in terms of raising the level of discourse.

Personally, I LOVE this place for the opposing arguments. I love that. It fascinates me. But this running in to threads, with no context and adding nothing substantive, needs to stop. There's a lot of really, REALLY smart posters here that don't post their better thoughts here, because of this behavior. It's what drove kearly out. It's drives out smart posters and contributors. How do I know? Because I have a few people that I talk football with outside this place, because they don't want to deal with the corniness like you see here.

I never, ever, rarely ever take shit too seriously. But assholes coming in and posting without reading or considering posts on their merit are driving away GOOD football people. I saw a mod do it Sunday. And now just look at this thread.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":2sphqwxy said:
It's almost always easier to be cynical. I imagine we've all been there before and will be there time and time again. Sure, we have frustrations about the offense and the expression of that frustration is therapeutic but if we want our words to go beyond just something that looks like self-serving noise, I'd suggest we start offering up ideas for his replacement. Surely there's a QB coach or two out there that could do the trick for this team.
It's actually easier to be a contrarian excuse maker and Bevell apologist than be cynical.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Sports Hernia":owyblt9l said:
BirdsCommaAngry":owyblt9l said:
It's almost always easier to be cynical. I imagine we've all been there before and will be there time and time again. Sure, we have frustrations about the offense and the expression of that frustration is therapeutic but if we want our words to go beyond just something that looks like self-serving noise, I'd suggest we start offering up ideas for his replacement. Surely there's a QB coach or two out there that could do the trick for this team.
It's actually easier to be a contrarian excuse maker and Bevell apologist than be cynical.

That's a ridiculous thing to say.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pehawk":12mx6dt3 said:
Sgt. Largent":12mx6dt3 said:
pehawk":12mx6dt3 said:

But, the point you brought up about Brock isn't germane to the specifics being discussed in this thread. It literally has zero to do with it. You might as well have come in and blurted out "my favorite number is blue and Brock Huard is a pancake".

And, if that's truly how you feel, that none of us are qualified nor have the intellect to discuss football, why are you here? That's the whole point of this place.

What's really lame is people running in saying "oh yeah, what do you know?! You're not a coach". "Lol, you just whine because we lost": All that basically equals; there's a conversation going on, I want to join, but the 30 seconds it takes to read it is too much commitment".

A lot of you do that every time, regardless whether there's reasoned analysis going on or not. White Devil and Scotte each brought up specific plays and ideas. Each laid it out in a thoughtful and concise manner. How about if you don't have a reasoned and thought out reply, don't say a thing? It does absolutely zero in terms of raising the level of discourse.

Personally, I LOVE this place for the opposing arguments. I love that. It fascinates me. But this running in to threads, with no context and adding nothing substantive, needs to stop. There's a lot of really, REALLY smart posters here that don't post their better thoughts here, because of this behavior. It's what drove kearly out. It's drives out smart posters and contributors. How do I know? Because I have a few people that I talk football with outside this place, because they don't want to deal with the corniness like you see here.

I never, ever, rarely ever take shit too seriously. But assholes coming in and posting without reading or considering posts on their merit are driving away GOOD football people. I saw a mod do it Sunday. And now just look at this thread.
BINGfreakinO! :th2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":r0ntojuv said:
Sports Hernia":r0ntojuv said:
BirdsCommaAngry":r0ntojuv said:

That's a ridiculous thing to say.
Actually it's not if you really think about it.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
No, ridiculous is saying bad plays are mostly players failing to execute. Shame on Baldwin for not catching a fade past a bigger player when his game is based on making quick cuts to get open. If that play is a a fake fade with a quick cut to the front pylon, great call Bevell, that is what Baldwin does(that play is a staple for some teams, I wish we would use it).

Now, if you want to say it is some of both, I agree. But the failure to execute argument is kinda bullshit sometimes, the other team has great players who force mistakes. If Dontari Poe is pass rushing from the 3 technique while Seattle runs a play action fake, it is going to be a sack.

Mostly, I hate plays to a bad matchup. Or plays with a built in handicap, like running from the gun in short yardage, especially in a loud environment.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3p0o6v8j said:
Maybe I'm crazy but I think all those things are factors.
Exactly. Which is why I am not running around saying to fire Bevell even though I think he out thinks himself way too often. He is like the Sicilian in the Princess Bride.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Scottemojo":30nguz5t said:
Zebulon Dak":30nguz5t said:
Maybe I'm crazy but I think all those things are factors.
Exactly. Which is why I am not running around saying to fire Bevell even though I think he out thinks himself way too often. He is like the Sicilian in the Princess Bride.

Now I'll just picture him going "Inconceivable!" every time one of his plays doesn't work. :lol:

pehawk

Reaction score
I can say I've never once typed "Fire Bevell". Assumptions that I, or anyone has, is hyperbole and lazy.