Impending new emphasis on defensive holds

Hawks46

Reaction score
I don't think this will effect us nearly as much as other teams.

The Niners, while having a great defense, don't have the best secondary, probably not even top 10. Yet whenever we play them, our WRs ALWAYS fail to get separation. Then go back and look at the game tape.

Rewatch the Carolina and SF playoff game. It was ludicrous the stuff Niners' DBs were getting away with. Ted Ginn Jr's jersey being pulled off of him at least a foot by a trailing db and no call. I think this hurts the Niners a lot more than it does us.....unless you subscribe to the theory that the NFL has it's favorites.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":p5yivr7n said:
RolandDeschain":p5yivr7n said:
That he can laugh at something that is funny, that's what that tells me.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree. I took Pereira's Tweet as a lame attempt at snark. It would be like if somebody compiled a list of the biggest temper tantrums by NFL coaches and somebody here remarked: "Btw, there were dozens of clips of coaches going off on the sidelines during games. How many Harbaugh tantrums??? None." That wouldn't be a defense of Harbaugh, it'd be shock that they left out the obvious example. That's how I think Pereira intended his original Tweet and I think his subsequent reply is evidence of that, but I could be wrong.
I didn't take it that way, but I could also be wrong. Who knows? Send him a Tweet asking him, maybe he'll respond.

Mick063

Reaction score
Forty Niner and Saint fans cry the most. The need an excuse for getting legally beat.

The Saint fans rationalize that the Seattle defense is not being used as an example because the league doesn't want to blatantly expose their new emphasis as the "LOB rule".

The Saints board is a river of tears over last season. They got beat twice (one of them a complete ass whuppin, the other a simple drubbing) and they have two excuses. It wasn't played in their dome and the Seattle Defense is holding. This is what losers do. They don't earn home field and they can't accurately interpret the scoreboard.

The Saints are losers. They will lose in Seattle again.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
This affects 3-4 defenses more than 4-3.
Especially on line stunts.

Every year, CBs and Safeties re-calibrate what they can get away with.
Apparently, the league wants to see basketball scores.

Cartire

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1ru4o2w1 said:
TheHawkster":1ru4o2w1 said:
Apparently, the league wants to see basketball scores.
Did you miss the part about how they're also going to focus on calling OPI more?

Sounds like something they would say to counter all the hate they deserve. I'll believe it when I see it.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
So in camp they'll figure out the exact line when a jam turns into defensive holding and become the best at that. Every time they make these BS rule changes, PC finds the exact line and we play to that. End of story. Except with Crabtree. Or Greg Jennings. I'll miss BB just for the beating he gave Jennings in the "Fail Mary" game. Ah.... good times.

Latest posts