Irvin's tweet haha

chris98251

Reaction score
He's playing a great cover LB that can pass rush, he doesn't have sacks like last year but a lot of pressures when he comes. He has got a lot better at run support as well. He's playing a position thats different then last year but bringing more negetive play results with his over all game and speed.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
That's like saying Earl isn't doing shit because he only had two tackles. Come on baby, you're better n that

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I just has a feeling you guys are reaching.

Irvin does nothing amazing. He is in on a handful of plays per game , is not relied on to do shit that a 5th rounder couldn't do, and yet we wasted high capital on him.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":kwzruqky said:
I just has a feeling you guys are reaching.

Irvin does nothing amazing. He is in on a handful of plays per game , is not relied on to do shit that a 5th rounder couldn't do, and yet we wasted high capital on him.
I'm in agreement with you. He is basically PC and JS's Curry but with more versatility and less bone headed mistakes. Glad we didn't waste a 4th overall on him, but he still hasn't turned out to be much. Hopefully that'll change.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":30b8qllb said:
Anyone who doubts Bruce's ability to play LB is obviously not watching him run with receivers stride for stride down the field. He runs and covers like a DB. I don't think he will ever be an elite pass rusher, but he is a damned good cover LB.
:th2thumbs:
Thank you. I was just about to say this.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":1siq99m3 said:
I'm in agreement with you. He is basically PC and JS's Curry but with more versatility and less bone headed mistakes. Glad we didn't waste a 4th overall on him, but he still hasn't turned out to be much. Hopefully that'll change.

"Basically their Curry" is way too strong. He might not justify a top 15 pick, but there's little sign that he's an actual bust at all. The only real bust we've had out of the 1st round in this PC/JS era is Carpenter.

mrblitz

Reaction score
Bruce totally shuts down his own area on the field.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":p8fvfbce said:
AF_Hawk":p8fvfbce said:

"Basically their Curry" is way too strong. He might not justify a top 15 pick, but there's little sign that he's an actual bust at all. The only real bust we've had out of the 1st round in this PC/JS era is Carpenter.

Maybe that was too strong, but he is nothing we couldn't have potentially gotten later on in the draft. He is not technically a bust, just more of a disappointment. I say that because he is a rotational player and does not seem to have a proper fit within our defense. I love the versatility he brings, and there are plenty of uses for him, but he is not a starting caliber lb yet. That could be because of the great depth we currently have though. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong down the road, I love being wrong about these things!

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Bruce is doing just fine. He's one of the reasons why we have a No. 1 D against the pass, he's taking away tight ends and check downs.

hawk45

Reaction score
It's tough to switch positions, and Irvin must be playing starter-caliber ball or he wouldn't be out there, but for what we're getting at this very moment, it doesn't live up to the draft slot. Especially when this FO seems to be able to get very very good LB play out of lower-round players.

I have a deep deep lack of trust in arguments that start with "I know he's invisible, BUT..." after hearing those the last 2 years of the Aaron Curry era. Earl is one thing, we've seen what he can do when QBs throw near him. Irvin is a different story.

We see Malcom Smith, we see Bobby Wagner, we saw KJ, all of those guys make a visible impact.

Not saying Irvin can't get there, and I buy that he's playing starting-NFL quality, but he's not playing at a Malcom Smith level or KJ level. And I'm not ready to assign him Red Bryant or Earl Thomas status where you know that guy being out is going to kill you even if they don't show up on the stat sheet.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":22xzzpj1 said:
MidwestHawker":22xzzpj1 said:
AF_Hawk":22xzzpj1 said:

Maybe that was too strong, but he is nothing we couldn't have potentially gotten later on in the draft. He is not technically a bust, just more of a disappointment. I say that because he is a rotational player and does not seem to have a proper fit within our defense. I love the versatility he brings, and there are plenty of uses for him, but he is not a starting caliber lb yet. That could be because of the great depth we currently have though. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong down the road, I love being wrong about these things!

I mean...our 2nd rounder was Wagner and our 3rd rounder was Wilson. Bruce wouldn't have still been around in round 4, that's for sure. So it was take him then or not at all, if they were convinced that he was a guy they really wanted. For what it's worth there were certainly stories of teams that were going to pick him soon after we did, and they're not the same self-serving "we were going to pick Russell Wilson" rumors that have such an obvious motive.

I dunno. In the annals of Seahawk draft history, picking Bruce barely registers on the radar of mistakes made.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":1py9smdz said:
He is?

I don't see him him in for more than a handful of plays , and I don't see him do shit

Our defense is doing well so I'm fine with him, the fact we're not calling his name means he's not screwing up. I would love it if he dominated the game, but I also think it's silly to say he's peaked in his second year playing linebacker. :141847_bnono:

checkdanews

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2zmzg59c said:
AF_Hawk":2zmzg59c said:
MidwestHawker":2zmzg59c said:
AF_Hawk":2zmzg59c said:

I mean...our 2nd rounder was Wagner and our 3rd rounder was Wilson. Bruce wouldn't have still been around in round 4, that's for sure. So it was take him then or not at all, if they were convinced that he was a guy they really wanted. For what it's worth there were certainly stories of teams that were going to pick him soon after we did, and they're not the same self-serving "we were going to pick Russell Wilson" rumors that have such an obvious motive.

I dunno. In the annals of Seahawk draft history, picking Bruce barely registers on the radar of mistakes made.

I believe I remember reading that the Jets were going to pick him with the very next pick.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
chris98251":2b4h5hte said:
He's playing a great cover LB that can pass rush, he doesn't have sacks like last year but a lot of pressures when he comes. He has got a lot better at run support as well. He's playing a position thats different then last year but bringing more negetive play results with his over all game and speed.

Don't argue with the stat kings, LOL!

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
seabowl":3em67gsa said:
Dumb. No Ned to provide locker room material to possible opponents. Needs to grow up.

:les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les: :les:

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
checkdanews":3p046vsk said:
I believe I remember reading that the Jets were going to pick him with the very next pick.

Jets, and 49ers were both ready to grab Bruce, he was going in round one.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Most folks here couldn't tell you what Irvin actually does. He is a starter on a great defense. He does look great jetting around the field.

We probably won't know what we have in him until next year. He will have a difficult time living up to his draft pick. But he isn't a bust.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Is it me, or is Bruce in his first year at LB? What is this? This is ridiculous.