Is anyone RELIEVED that Percy's gone?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I wish the guys would have got together and stood up for their teammates and gave Harvin a good ole fashioned beat down. Put him in the damn hospital.

It might have been what he needed to open his eyes and act like a man.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Relieved? Baggage?

I'm relieved that all the threads whining about Harvin will come to an end.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
Stating the obvious, but I wish it would have fixed itself before coming to this. I agree with a lot of posters that stated we have lost some leaders, and with that said, I believe that M-Rob and Red would have man handled this situation. Hard to know where the team sits with this but I would prefer to believe that they were ready to go (code red) on his ass and everything will be fine since he's gone. Just hugely disappointing that we lost this kind of talent in this fashion. Ask me after the next few games if I am relived or not.

drdiags

Reaction score
Not relieved, just concerned that the team's Pro Personnel missed this so badly after claiming to have done their homework on Harvin. That he played after almost knocking out Tate prior to the Superbowl. He had to go but sounds like the team had/has a pretty dysfunctional locker room.

If the offense lays a big dud tomorrow, I am sure there will be some that post that trading Harvin caused the team to stink it up.

I just see all this as the cost of doing business. You always hope the chuckleheads are on the other team and not yours. Dudes don't see the damage they are doing not for themselves but future players in the league.

Jamarcus Russell killed it for rookies coming into the league, jackholes like some of the losers we have seen over the past few months are going to end up costing NFL players in general.

grizbob

Reaction score
akscoundrel":3n3cbiso said:
Relieved? Baggage?

I'm relieved that all the threads whining about Harvin will come to an end.

That will require a victory tomorrow :cry:

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I don't know if relieved is the way I'd put it, more like I accept it, I believe the FO and coaches have a team to run, the whole team. And do they must do what's best for the whole team.

kearly

Reaction score
If there's a shred of truth to the locker room stories then getting rid of him is a no brainer. And given how many stories are popping up, it's pretty unlikely that every one of them (if any) are false. Sounds like Harvin just had to go. Simple as that.

Am I relieved? Oddly yes. Our offense was struggling to find an identity with Harvin. At his best, he made our offense better, but it also made it difficult for Seattle to control games on offense at times and it certainly made Seattle less physical at a time when they need to be more physical than ever to compensate for the defense.

The presence of Harvin also made Bevell change his playcalling philosophy too much too soon. Seattle needed to get back to meat and potatoes on offense. The departure of Harvin will help in that regard, even though our offense is less talented without him.

The only question now is what happens when defenses don't have to scheme for Harvin anymore? Last year defenses gave Seattle a lot of trouble at the end of the season because they didn't respect our receivers. The positive spin on this issue is that the same anti-press environment that is killing our pass defense will be a huge benefit to guys like Richardson and Baldwin.

My expectation is that defenses won't be able to disrespect our WRs this year with press, not unless they want to rack up 3-4 automatic first down penalties a game.

kearly

Reaction score
drdiags":3ax6kz2p said:
Not relieved, just concerned that the team's Pro Personnel missed this so badly after claiming to have done their homework on Harvin. That he played after almost knocking out Tate prior to the Superbowl. He had to go but sounds like the team had/has a pretty dysfunctional locker room.

Pete has wanted Harvin since Harvin was in HS. I'm sure they did their homework. But Pete disregarded the signs in large part because this is a player he badly wanted for the better part of a decade.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
kearly":3vqt87y7 said:
drdiags":3vqt87y7 said:

Pete has wanted Harvin since Harvin was in HS. I'm sure they did their homework. But Pete disregarded the signs in large part because this is a player he badly wanted for the better part of a decade.

Well, its not like bevell didn't know the type of guy Harvin was either....

(Whatever that means, just saying he's worked with him before).

kearly

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1gtto9mv said:
I wish the guys would have got together and stood up for their teammates and gave Harvin a good ole fashioned beat down. Put him in the damn hospital.

It might have been what he needed to open his eyes and act like a man.

Twenty years from now, Harvin is going to look at his lone SB ring and feel a twinge of regret. Getting traded pretty much tainted the best moment in his life. If that doesn't change him, I don't know if anything will.

drdiags

Reaction score
kearly":3rzeivo2 said:
drdiags":3rzeivo2 said:

And that is where the checks and balances should have come into play. I understand Pete's desire to have a top-level threat in the WR group, especially when a top-level talent like Harvin became available. His desire about this position has been out front since he got here with the courting of Brandon Marshall and Vincent Jackson. Somehow reason kept the team from pulling the trigger on either of those moves.

In hindsight, wish the voice against this move could have won the day for the long term impact. I didn't understand the move at the time but I am just a couch potato. My only concern is whether this trade ends up costing someone their job. This isn't something we can answer right now, but JS will most likely take the bullet for Pete's desire if anyone has to fall.

Again, just to re-iterate. I am not sitting here fuming about things just wondering about future implications this fail move means.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":298d4do7 said:
After reading this, yeah. I guess I am.

In Seattle, it was just as bad. Said one source regarding the situation, “Believe everything you hear about Harvin and the Seahawks.” The reported fracas with former Seahawks receiver Golden Tate happened, we’re told, the night before Super Bowl XLVIII. The source said Harvin body slammed Tate at the team hotel, and that players initially feared Harvin broke Tate’s neck.

While there’s a theory making the rounds that the Seahawks feared Harvin would launch a mutiny against quarterback Russell Wilson, there’s a separate theory that Harvin was in danger of being on the wrong end of a Code Red from teammates who had enough of his angry, moody, erratic ways.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -the-jets/

Golden probably deserved it

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
I am happier that our OC doesn't have to find ways to get Harvin the ball.

I think that was more of a disaster than anything a DC had to go through to stop Harvin.

grizbob

Reaction score
drdiags":1qad6yld said:
kearly":1qad6yld said:
drdiags":1qad6yld said:

And that is where the checks and balances should have come into play. I understand Pete's desire to have a top-level threat in the WR group, especially when a top-level talent like Harvin became available. His desire about this position has been out front since he got here with the courting of Brandon Marshall and Vincent Jackson. Somehow reason kept the team from pulling the trigger on either of those moves.

In hindsight, wish the voice against this move could have won the day for the long term impact. I didn't understand the move at the time but I am just a couch potato. My only concern is whether this trade ends up costing someone their job. This isn't something we can answer right now, but JS will most likely take the bullet for Pete's desire if anyone has to fall.

Again, just to re-iterate. I am not sitting here fuming about things just wondering about future implications this fail move means.

If I remember correctly, the niners were ready to pull the trigger on Harvin as well. May have influenced Pete's decision a bit also.

HawkWow

Reaction score
kearly":1o3cv4ne said:
drdiags":1o3cv4ne said:

...but quickly learned (like before he ever took the field for us) that Havin's damage was irreparable. Bevell and Pete brainstormed an offense that wouldn't be too seriously wounded with the loss of the free-spirited Lynch. They drafted CM, a supposed better fit for our blocking scheme, then anxiously awaited camp to implement their new plan of attack.

But no Harvin and CM was as poorly scouted as any high rd RB could possibly be (imo). Next thing you know, Bevell has no Harvin, no Michael and the scary guy, Marshawn Lynch helps us to our only SB win.

At this point, Pete knows harvin is gone and with that, the drafting of Paul Richardson now makes a ton more sense. It made sense to Harvin too and signaled his exit was just a matter of timing. No time like the present and I commend Pete for that, even though this was his mess to begin with.

Too bad we didn't make our play for Dez instead of Harvin.

Chapman

Reaction score
Knowing what I know now, Yes I'm relieved he's gone.
But I'm bummed he rode our coat tails to a Superbowl ring.
I hope this is the end of any trades with the Vikings, we give up way to much and gain nothing.

AgentDib

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1fxl6we9 said:
Not really the WR we needed eating up all that cap to be honest. We need a big go-to guy and redzone threat. Excited to see who we go after now/at the end of the season.
Fans have been looking for a big WR for a few years now but for whatever reason we really haven't drafted in that direction. Maybe they see Miller as the red-zone threat that we just under utilize a bit. This next draft has a bunch of big targets as well - Funchess and Green-Beckham are both 6'5" - but it wouldn't surprise me if we instead took a guy with comparisons to Golden Tate with the ability to return punts.

A

Anonymous

AgentDib":2qcojcbn said:
SomersetHawk":2qcojcbn said:
Not really the WR we needed eating up all that cap to be honest. We need a big go-to guy and redzone threat. Excited to see who we go after now/at the end of the season.
Fans have been looking for a big WR for a few years now but for whatever reason we really haven't drafted in that direction. Maybe they see Miller as the red-zone threat that we just under utilize a bit. This next draft has a bunch of big targets as well - Funchess and Green-Beckham are both 6'5" - but it wouldn't surprise me if we instead took a guy with comparisons to Golden Tate with the ability to return punts.

Is Terrell Owens available?

:mrgreen: