Is anyone RELIEVED that Percy's gone?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Throwdown":1q9ho0bk said:
Zebulon Dak":1q9ho0bk said:
After reading this, yeah. I guess I am.

In Seattle, it was just as bad. Said one source regarding the situation, “Believe everything you hear about Harvin and the Seahawks.” The reported fracas with former Seahawks receiver Golden Tate happened, we’re told, the night before Super Bowl XLVIII. The source said Harvin body slammed Tate at the team hotel, and that players initially feared Harvin broke Tate’s neck.

While there’s a theory making the rounds that the Seahawks feared Harvin would launch a mutiny against quarterback Russell Wilson, there’s a separate theory that Harvin was in danger of being on the wrong end of a Code Red from teammates who had enough of his angry, moody, erratic ways.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -the-jets/

Golden probably deserved it

I agree. I highly doubt that Golden did nothing to get Percy angry. We all know Golden can say and do some dumb things. I'm sure lots of guys have wanted to punch that arrogant smirk off his face. I know the Rams players did.

Not OK to hurt a teammate, but no way Golden is completely innocent in this story.

mrblitz

Reaction score
tate is a better player on a team. in a vacuum, i'm sure harvin is a better player; all by himself in there. it's understandable that fantasy football people were enamored with harvin, but people who are aware of team dynamics knew this was a bad move from the get-go. the reprieve was the super bowl kickoff return. everything else pretty much played out as expected. this harvin thing will have been pete/john's biggest mistake.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
travlinhawk":zyga4m3p said:
Stating the obvious, but I wish it would have fixed itself before coming to this. I agree with a lot of posters that stated we have lost some leaders, and with that said, I believe that M-Rob and Red would have man handled this situation. Hard to know where the team sits with this but I would prefer to believe that they were ready to go (code red) on his ass and everything will be fine since he's gone. Just hugely disappointing that we lost this kind of talent in this fashion. Ask me after the next few games if I am relived or not.
Not true. MRob and Red had a chance to handle it last year when Harvin assaulted Tate before the Superbowl.

They didn't stop it then, they wouldn't have stopped it now.

sa_seahawker

Reaction score
This whole thing only proves that my late grandfather was so much wiser than I originally gave him credit for:

"Sure you can buy the fastest, nicest, shiniest car out there. But if that piece of shit is nothing but problems, you'll only have the fastest, nicest, shinest car in the parking lot."

-R C Atwood

Lmao

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Not at all. Still pissed at the trade 24 hours later.

I think pinning all the struggles on offense to Harvin is a dangerous line to tote as well. If they come out tomorrow and look just as inefficient on offense as they did in the games with Harvin - then what?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
sa_seahawker":o691ytef said:
This whole thing only proves that my late grandfather was so much wiser than I originally gave him credit for:

"Sure you can buy the fastest, nicest, shiniest car out there. But if that piece of shit is nothing but problems, you'll only have the fastest, nicest, shinest car in the parking lot."

-R C Atwood

Lmao

Or.. in the case of Bevell.. maybe its like buying a Lambo but not knowing how to work the stick.

I fear it's more this scenario, than the other.

chris98251

Reaction score
I have said this in a couple threads, without force feeding Harvin for whatever reasons we will now be more balanced and more of a distribution offense. We were doing our best when we had someone new every week breaking out, Wilson distributing the ball to 9 different guys some days.

Thats what makes our offense work.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
We got to the superbowl WITHOUT Harvin. After hearing this stuff I am getting more and more relieved that we got rid of him. We haven't been the team we were last year and there really weren't a lot of changes, mostly just offensive play calls. It is still a huge wait and see.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Relieved? No. But if ANY of the hypothetical situations surfacing/being fabricated in the hours since this was announced prove to be even remotely factual then I understand the move. Disappointed is my word.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Of course there are people who are relieved.

Not everyone was all over Harvin's nuts thinking he would make us better.

Some of us knew the day we traded for him that it would be a disaster. Some of us knew that adding harvin would hurt us.

Harvin is an extremely overrated player, and as a person he is a POS. Why would anyone want him on their team? ??

chris98251

Reaction score
We get it, 201 posts about hating Harvin, here's your cigar, are you going to find a Jets Forum now?

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":lv5gpfvf said:
After reading this, yeah. I guess I am.

In Seattle, it was just as bad. Said one source regarding the situation, “Believe everything you hear about Harvin and the Seahawks.” The reported fracas with former Seahawks receiver Golden Tate happened, we’re told, the night before Super Bowl XLVIII. The source said Harvin body slammed Tate at the team hotel, and that players initially feared Harvin broke Tate’s neck.

While there’s a theory making the rounds that the Seahawks feared Harvin would launch a mutiny against quarterback Russell Wilson, there’s a separate theory that Harvin was in danger of being on the wrong end of a Code Red from teammates who had enough of his angry, moody, erratic ways.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -the-jets/
Oh my God, the thought of Seahawks beating the crap out of Harvin sounds pretty nice.

With all the stories coming out about how Harvin is STILL a POS, it would've been nice to read a story about Hawks taking turns beating the crap out of him.

I hope Pete thinks twice the next time an overrated POS human being becomes available. Harvin not only failed to produce but caused problems among players that have been productive for the Hawks.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1a3tft0q said:
I wish the guys would have got together and stood up for their teammates and gave Harvin a good ole fashioned beat down. Put him in the damn hospital.

It might have been what he needed to open his eyes and act like a man.

I was reading once about the Yankees, Billy Martin, Reggie Jackson and all the in house fighting that was going on. Talking with Jackson, who was discussing it with reporters and stated that there were players that picked on others and the fights etc, but that no one ever messed with Craig Nettles, he would beat the crap out of you.

Point is, I guess in a club house there is always someone you just don't mess with...I guess Percy in this case, he just seems like a psycho.

rastahawk

Reaction score
It always felt like PH never fully fit in when we take our rose colored glasses off. If there is one thing that I am relieved about is that if PH was indeed a locker room head case then getting rid of him 5 games into the season was the best thing to do! Its early in the season and it gives us time to recover. We don't want this noise in the second half of the season while we are fighting for a playoff berth. I think Pete and John realized this and struck to try and point the odds back in our favor. If there was ever a good time to do it its now.

stack55

Reaction score
I'm excited for Paul Richardson and our other rookie to get out
On the field and see what they can do.

I like Kearse and Baldwin but I,m ready to see the team open
It up and send Lockette and Richardson deep down the
Field.

We need to get our identity back running the ball and play action.

Good luck Percy

Go Hawks

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Kixkahn":13fehzsk said:
We got to the superbowl WITHOUT Harvin. After hearing this stuff I am getting more and more relieved that we got rid of him. We haven't been the team we were last year and there really weren't a lot of changes, mostly just offensive play calls. It is still a huge wait and see.

I really wish people would stop saying this.

For one, last years team had Golden Tate and for the first quarter of the year Sidney Rice. Not to mention the defense was night and day from what it is today.. due to FA losses and injuries.

Yeah, they did win the Super Bowl without Harvin a year ago.. But they didn't win it without Tate, Clemons, Bryant, Rice, Lane for 10 weeks, Wagner/Maxwell/Kam at 60%, etc either

Not to say they -can't- win it.. But it's a much different team right now.

grizbob

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":3rmofps0 said:
Of course there are people who are relieved.

Not everyone was all over Harvin's nuts thinking he would make us better.

Some of us knew the day we traded for him that it would be a disaster. Some of us knew that adding harvin would hurt us.

Harvin is an extremely overrated player, and as a person he is a POS. Why would anyone want him on their team? ??

It must suck being the smartest person in the room surrounded by those not blessed with your superior intellect.

Of course I wouldn't know :roll: You see, I'm a simple man and bought into the Harvin deal immediately after halftime at Superbowl 48 :oops:

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
I am relieved we aren't going to waste high draft stock like we did with Christine Michael.

I am also happy we won't force the ball to Harvin 10 times a game behind the line of scrimmage.

Latest posts