Is Russell Wilson worth extending?

NINEster

Reaction score
Wilson will re-sign with the Seahawks.

The real question is for how much.

I believe it's being debated by the FO on a game to game basis, and will ultimately be decided by how far the Seahawks go this year given the hit they've taken to injuries, defense, etc. Wilson returning to the playoffs with this current team and winning a postseason game or two would be very impressive, maybe more so than what he did last season.

That could be $19-20/million per year.

If the Seahawks miss the playoffs or go 1 and done, maybe the # drops to $16-17 per. Of course there's the Kap style contract, so if they went that route they could increase the per and lower the guaranteed.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Anthony!":1plcuczz said:
NYCoug":1plcuczz said:
What a difference 9 months makes, huh?! Screw that. What a difference 3 weeks makes hahaha

Cue Russell going on a 3 game tear and people drawing up imaginary 25 million dollar per year, lifetime contracts.

Bipolar disorder is a serious matter. Some of you need to be diagnosed and treated immediately.

Agreed, I never said 25 mil I have been rooted in the 18-20 range. However I do agree how a 3 game slump has changed some peoples perceptions. I mean they for get the first 5 out of the 6 games were Wilson pretty much carried us by himself. I mean really after 5 out of 6 games with a QQ rating way north of 100 and complt% way north of 65, now a 3 game passing slump were he is still been essential to our wins in other ways, and he is now not worth resigning, any running QB would do? It shows how silly some people think. I mean a 3 game slump that I have showed every great QB goes threw and everything he has done in the last 2.5 years means nothing. Pretty silly, Wilson is going to get paid, and it will not be a Kap deal, and then that is were the FO earns their keep, and prove they are as good as Denver and other teams who paid their franchise QBs but were still able to put talent around them. Either they are good enough to do that or they are not. We will see.

Anthonys Posts:

Everything else is better for every other QB other than Wilson, despite the team having one of the most dominant defenses in the modern era of football. But its Wilson who is the superbowl champion here!

Dont you get tired of posting the same thing over and over again, while bashing the rest of the team, discrediting the defense, and giving credit only to Wilson?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Anthony!":2gx6zjii said:
Sgt. Largent":2gx6zjii said:
Anthony!":2gx6zjii said:
Rw will get between 18-20 a year, it will not be like Kaps at all. That is presuming he wants to stay here, which might not be as much of a lock as you think.

It's the lock of the century.

I know our judgement gets clouded because we all spend time here reading utter lunacy...........but Pete, John and Paul Allen love Russell probably more than their own children. No way in hell they let him go anywhere.

He's going to be locked up for at least 6 years, maybe longer.

Again they may love him but he wants to be known as a great , Elite QB and he will struggle to do that has this team is currently constructed. The oline is bad a pass blocking, he has no #1 wr or a WR that will make a play, and it is a run first team. I want Wilson to be resigned but everyone keeps forgetting it is about what Wilson wants and he wants to be the best and as our team is constructed he is not set up to be the best

Wants to be known? He already is a top 5-10 QB, what else do you want?

To say that Wilson is going to walk because of the O-line is crazy. He loves it here, and we all love him here. This is not rocket science. It seems like some of you guys are just arguing to argue. There is nothing to argue about. This is about as no brainer as it gets in the NFL.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Anthony! Wow where do I start?LoL..I won't answer you point for point because it's too much and as Largent said it becomes like arguing at some point ,so I want to be brief..You are right I was for keeping our defense and we did it for the most part but we lost some because of the cap ,Harvin and this upcoming ext with RW..You bring up the Den/Pats qbs ect well Those guys are elite and have played for many years and still do..They deserve if anyone to be paid like Peyton is..Brady is not as he makes 11 million ..Those teams are set up differently than the Hawks and each other..Denver is like what?50k under??The Pats I'm sure are way under- Bill is way different than anyone and his way somehow works ..he will cut just about anyone and keep reloading..I admire how they get it done there..Denver for the third year is in a win now with a year left of PM at best but I think he is done after this year..Denver has a lot of problems after this year with the cap that makes ours look small and when PM says goodbye so does the donkeys for a long time..I won't argue that the Hawks FO has made some serious mistakes like giving Harvin that deal which hurt in more ways than one..We all want the same thing.To keep RW the only thing is some of us don't want it done where it hurts us long term is all..Now I will say goodbye..Watching UW game(wow) and watching the Irish also..Bama is also on..I don't need cable today :D

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
Just ask the Cleveland Browns, New York Jets, Buffalo Bills or any of about half the other teams in the league if Wilson is worth signing.

Even the most Hawk-hating Niner fan would gladly dump Kap in favor of Wilson at this point. Most of them won't admit it yet, but they know it in their hearts :)

jkitsune

Reaction score
KatarHol":k69e8jta said:
Where did this Spin Doctor troll run off to?

Was it necessary to bump the thread and give it more life?

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Tical21":3idc276l said:
RunTheBall":3idc276l said:
Tical21":3idc276l said:
I'd rather roll the dice that Schneider can find another half-mil running QB in the next couple of years.
Alright let's see what "rolling the dice" for a QB in the first 3 rounds of the draft has resulted in recently....

Bortles - Bad QB
Manziel - Bad QB
Bridgewater - Bad QB
Carr - Mediocre-at-best QB
Garoppolo- TBD, looked great in limited time

EJ Manuel- Bad QB
Geno Smith- Terrible QB
Mike Glennon- Mediocre-at-best QB

Andrew Luck- Great QB (1 playoff win)
RG3 - Injury prone QB
Ryan Tannehill- Mediocre QB
Brandon Weeden- Bad QB
Brock Osweiler - Bad QB
Russell Wilson- Great QB (4 Playoff Wins, Super Bowl Title) - The one you want to get rid of after 2015
Nick Foles - Above Average QB

Cam Newton - Below-Average QB
Jake Locker - Injury Prone QB
Blaine Gabbert- Bad QB
Christian Ponder- Bad QB
Andy Dalton - Below-Average QB
Kaepernick - Good QB (4 Playoff Wins)
Ryan Mallett - TBD, Looks mediocre QB

Sam Bradford- Below-average, Injury-Prone QB
Tim Tebow- Below-average QB that was run out of the league because he is polarizing figure (1 playoff win)
Jimmy Clausen - Bad QB
Colt McCoy- Bad QB

As you can see, Great QBs in the first 3 rounds of the draft just grow on trees. Out of the last 5 QB Classes they have combined for 10 playoff wins (Wilson 4, Kap 4, Tebow 1, Luck 1)... so 4 of the 10 to Wilson. But somehow you want to "roll-the-dice" for another QB? LOL, what a joke.
That is a little unfair. A whole bunch of those guys have not had nearly enough time to be judged. If we had judged Russell Wilson through 10 starts, he would be on the bad list too. Also, every single one of those QB's has had a lesser running game and defense than Russell has. A bunch of them would have done quite well on our team. I have seen a bunch of great QB's over the past 30 years, and the version of Russell we've been watching lately isn't one of them. There aren't more than a couple QB's I would consider paying that kind of money to, and I don't think he's one of them. We want to build our team around running and playing defense, right? So let's find another cheap, running QB and keep with the blueprint that just won us a Superbowl.

JFC, you need to get your eyes checked man... RW is the real deal... a actual dual threat QB that is well above average in both running and passing.... combine that with his laundry list of records/awards and the fact he is still growing... this kid will go down as one of the best ever...... and you call yourself a hawk fan? SMH.. hell yes resign him.... how is that even a question?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore-11372-400x250.jpg

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Ambrose83":2w9rxgda said:
Tical21":2w9rxgda said:
RunTheBall":2w9rxgda said:
Tical21":2w9rxgda said:
I'd rather roll the dice that Schneider can find another half-mil running QB in the next couple of years.
Alright let's see what "rolling the dice" for a QB in the first 3 rounds of the draft has resulted in recently....

Bortles - Bad QB
Manziel - Bad QB
Bridgewater - Bad QB
Carr - Mediocre-at-best QB
Garoppolo- TBD, looked great in limited time

EJ Manuel- Bad QB
Geno Smith- Terrible QB
Mike Glennon- Mediocre-at-best QB

Andrew Luck- Great QB (1 playoff win)
RG3 - Injury prone QB
Ryan Tannehill- Mediocre QB
Brandon Weeden- Bad QB
Brock Osweiler - Bad QB
Russell Wilson- Great QB (4 Playoff Wins, Super Bowl Title) - The one you want to get rid of after 2015
Nick Foles - Above Average QB

Cam Newton - Below-Average QB
Jake Locker - Injury Prone QB
Blaine Gabbert- Bad QB
Christian Ponder- Bad QB
Andy Dalton - Below-Average QB
Kaepernick - Good QB (4 Playoff Wins)
Ryan Mallett - TBD, Looks mediocre QB

Sam Bradford- Below-average, Injury-Prone QB
Tim Tebow- Below-average QB that was run out of the league because he is polarizing figure (1 playoff win)
Jimmy Clausen - Bad QB
Colt McCoy- Bad QB

As you can see, Great QBs in the first 3 rounds of the draft just grow on trees. Out of the last 5 QB Classes they have combined for 10 playoff wins (Wilson 4, Kap 4, Tebow 1, Luck 1)... so 4 of the 10 to Wilson. But somehow you want to "roll-the-dice" for another QB? LOL, what a joke.
That is a little unfair. A whole bunch of those guys have not had nearly enough time to be judged. If we had judged Russell Wilson through 10 starts, he would be on the bad list too. Also, every single one of those QB's has had a lesser running game and defense than Russell has. A bunch of them would have done quite well on our team. I have seen a bunch of great QB's over the past 30 years, and the version of Russell we've been watching lately isn't one of them. There aren't more than a couple QB's I would consider paying that kind of money to, and I don't think he's one of them. We want to build our team around running and playing defense, right? So let's find another cheap, running QB and keep with the blueprint that just won us a Superbowl.

JFC, you need to get your eyes checked man... RW is the real deal... a actual dual threat QB that is well above average in both running and passing.... combine that with his laundry list of records/awards and the fact he is still growing... this kid will go down as one of the best ever...... and you call yourself a hawk fan? SMH.. hell yes resign him.... how is that even a question?

Not a bad 1st post... although i'm not sure this is the thread I would post in... there are some dawgs here!.

Pay Wilson anyone that thinks other wise.. go talk about it in the shack ;)

zhawk

Reaction score
northseahawk":32c9vmj6 said:
At the end of the day, he will get paid big.

But, is he worth it?? Can he carry this team to victories with much lesser talent around him? especially Lynch?

When he gets paid, he will have a much weaker defense, running game, lesser stars, which means 90% of the wins/loses will be solely based on his performance. He will not win much with his <200 yard passing.

My opinion: He has shown flashes of brilliance but the problem is the inconsistency that Manning, Rogers, Brady, Brees have shown. This year has actually given us a glimpse of a team with bad defense, offense, and special teams, and when you combine that with weak qb play, it turns out to be loses. This could be our future if he stays at his current level of play.

In a perfect world, he deserves a 13-15million/year contract, but he will be receiving a 18-20/year because thats what other qb deprived franchises will pay him if we don't.

Yup, we went 12-4 I'll take it every year.

RiverDog

Reaction score
zhawk":2ko5wy6x said:
northseahawk":2ko5wy6x said:
At the end of the day, he will get paid big.

But, is he worth it?? Can he carry this team to victories with much lesser talent around him? especially Lynch?

When he gets paid, he will have a much weaker defense, running game, lesser stars, which means 90% of the wins/loses will be solely based on his performance. He will not win much with his <200 yard passing.

My opinion: He has shown flashes of brilliance but the problem is the inconsistency that Manning, Rogers, Brady, Brees have shown. This year has actually given us a glimpse of a team with bad defense, offense, and special teams, and when you combine that with weak qb play, it turns out to be loses. This could be our future if he stays at his current level of play.

In a perfect world, he deserves a 13-15million/year contract, but he will be receiving a 18-20/year because thats what other qb deprived franchises will pay him if we don't.

Yup, we went 12-4 I'll take it every year.

We didn't go 12-4 just this year. We have averaged 12-4 for the three years that Russell has been our starting QB.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
no..we should not. His hat was on backwards for the presser.... :sarcasm_off:

Yes, pay the dude.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
We're going to make Russell the highest paid player in the history of the game, and rightfully so.

Latest posts