Is Seahawks.net your favorite place to talk Seahawks online?

Is .NET your favorite place to talk Seahawks online?

• Yes

Votes: 69 77.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 19.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
OP
OP
QuahHawk

QuahHawk

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":31ijp5jy said:
The 5 sites I visit on a daily basis, some multiple times daily, pretty much in this order.

#1: Seahawksdraftblog.com
- THE BEST for informative content regarding the draft. Very good content & comments. + Many great posters.

#2: Fieldgulls.com
- BUT, the site manager is often an a**hat with weird opinions & especially his inability to write or speak well is poor.

#3: Seahawks.net
- BUT, I don't come here for at least several days after a loss due to extreme & irrational negativity by a handful of guys.

#4: Hawkblogger.com
- Generally provides decent content and before/after game information, with sometimes slightly weird opinions.

#5 Seahawkswire.usatoday.com
- For timely and often early notification of Seahawks news.

:smilingalien:

This list is solid!

I hope to emulate fieldgulls to some degree while integrating the main forums to maintain the appeal.

James in PA

Reaction score
Back in the day (Holmgren years), the Seahawks Usenet Newsgroup was my favorite place online to talk Hawks. I see they have a Facebook page now and I see some familiar names, but I’m not on FB. I remember there were a lot of arguments on there about Holmgren, the way we argue now about Russ on this forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
.NET used to be my favorite place to read about the Hawks. It was my favorite place to talk politics and such but they took that from me. Now it's my 8th or 9th favorite place to check in on now and again to maybe talk some Star Wars and movies & tv with people who all think they're smarter and have better taste than me.

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1tnxr6mc said:
Not for 5 years. Since Les passed away, there have been so many solid posters and mods that have left that I don’t frequent this board near as much as I used to.
I have found other places for team discussion and better news sources. This place used to be a family but now it’s full of argumentive whiny babies, tons of negative nellies, and gossip. The Twitter age has ruined everything if you ask me. Just speaking personal opinion.

I feel the same - twitter, fieldgulls, hawkblogger, then .net

HawkGA

Reaction score
Honest question: are places like Hawkblogger and field goals a good place to go to discuss or a good place to go to read articles? Would seem to me there's a big difference between a discussion board format and a comments section for articles. Or do those sites have discussion boards too?

mrt144

Reaction score
HawkGA":1xb77wc3 said:
Honest question: are places like Hawkblogger and field goals a good place to go to discuss or a good place to go to read articles? Would seem to me there's a big difference between a discussion board format and a comments section for articles. Or do those sites have discussion boards too?

Field Gulls is pretty good but the discussion move at a fast clip as new articles with new discussions supplant old ones. I was banned for getting personal and political...mea culpa...but it really does stand as one of the better places to at least get some topics going and run with them here.

Hawkblogger doesn't have enough meat on the bones for me.

Reaction score
HawkGA":10eamp15 said:
I like Hawkblogger more for consuming articles - whereas I like FieldGulls to consume then discuss them.