Is this year the beginning of the end for Christine Michael?

Will CMike make the Hawks 53 man roster this year?

• He's a recent second round pick from 2 years ago! Of course he'll make the team!

Votes: 49 43.8%
  • Surprise trade! I want all the 7th round picks!!!

Votes: 20 17.9%
  • Cut the bum! We need the roster spot!

Votes: 14 12.5%
  • Mother of G*d! I hate July. Shouldn't you be thinking about non-Football stuff. Read a book, #$%^&*!

Votes: 29 25.9%

• Total voters

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2015/07/08/who-is-marshawn-lynchs-heir-none-are-apparent-yet/[/urltargetblank]

This was posted in the news tribune blog about a week ago. Interesting read on Michael in regards to his having been drafted to someday be our starting running back.

The team drafted Christine Michael in the second round in 2013 for that reason. Yet Michael still doesn’t have the trust of Seahawks’ coaches. That includes offensive coordinator and play caller Darrell Bevell.

Michael has not always gone the correct way on plays. At times he has visibly pouted — while still in formation — just before snaps in games knowing the ball wasn’t going to him. He was so noticeable doing that during the game at St. Louis last October an assistant coach berated him on the sideline after the play for his display.

He’s also made inexplicable plays such as last Thanksgiving night at San Francisco when Michael caught a pass from Russell Wilson in the left flat, tromped 12 yards through open field and appeared destined for a first down — before he stepped out of bounds one yard short of the line to gain.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":1y5co7q6 said:
[urltargetblank]http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2015/07/08/who-is-marshawn-lynchs-heir-none-are-apparent-yet/[/urltargetblank]

This was posted in the news tribune blog about a week ago. Interesting read on Michael in regards to his having been drafted to someday be our starting running back.

The team drafted Christine Michael in the second round in 2013 for that reason. Yet Michael still doesn’t have the trust of Seahawks’ coaches. That includes offensive coordinator and play caller Darrell Bevell.

Michael has not always gone the correct way on plays. At times he has visibly pouted — while still in formation — just before snaps in games knowing the ball wasn’t going to him. He was so noticeable doing that during the game at St. Louis last October an assistant coach berated him on the sideline after the play for his display.

He’s also made inexplicable plays such as last Thanksgiving night at San Francisco when Michael caught a pass from Russell Wilson in the left flat, tromped 12 yards through open field and appeared destined for a first down — before he stepped out of bounds one yard short of the line to gain.

What the article didn't mention is how Michael sometimes tips the play call to the defense by pointing up to the sky when its a running play to him, or acting frustrated when the QB checks off from a running play that was going to him into a pass play (by showing bad body language, or clap his hands together in disgust). The saving grace is that there's probably not enough film on him playing for the Seahawks for the opposing defense to figure out that Michael's tipping the plays by acting like a baby.

I think Dallas is a possible trade destination for him if the Cowboys don't like what they see from their running backs in the preseason. Michaels played his college ball in Texas and the Cowboys take chances on immature guys like him (Des Bryant) all the time if they have talent.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
The naysayers point to CM not getting playing time in his two years, yet totally discount the fact that the RB in front of him is arguably the best RB in the NFL at the moment. Turbin is probably one of the best pass protectors in the NFL as well.

CM's lack of playing time is more a result of the players ahead of him than his own skills.

If Lynch got hurt (knock on wood) then I think CM would show how good he is. With the Seattle run game being so important and with the team being a contender I don't see why the front office would go into the season with an insurance policy of Turbin and a UDFA.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Come Preseason, he will get a lot of playing time. This will be his "put up or shut up" year. Let's see how much Marshawn has left in the tank.....then make a decision.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He really does need to stop pointing up every time the ball is coming to him. The alone probably warranted an indefinite benching last year.

cacksman

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1m62t2ck said:
He really does need to stop pointing up every time the ball is coming to him. The alone probably warranted an indefinite benching last year.

Has this actually been confirmed?

Unless someone has looked back at all of Michael's snaps, and confirmed that he points to the sky every single time he is going to get a carry, but does absolutely nothing pre-snap if he isn't, then this is complete HS.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Greenhell":2vhy1o95 said:
Zebulon Dak":2vhy1o95 said:
High on talent, high on heart, low on brains. He's not getting cut anytime soon but they're not going to beg him to stick around come contract time unless he starts to really produce... which probably ain't happening.

I follow him on IG. He's extremely gifted athletically but, he's a very, very immature young man. Seems more concerned about a rap EP he's put out and flashing his wads of money and showing off his car than focusing on his game. He's somewhat of a goof ball. I wish the best for his this season because I'd really like to see those skills produce on the field. His budding rap career, not so much. It does sound like he's got some flow though for whatever that's worth.

Totally. I actually recently decided to unfollow him, I just couldn't take it anymore after the mixtape dropped haha.

kearly

Reaction score
Tical21":3orqxh1f said:
I think he makes multiple pro bowls and I'm hoping they're with the Hawks. He's shown more than enough flashes. Do you know who the worst practice player of all-time was? Vincent Edward Jackson.

Pass pro? C'mon. That's why you have a 3rd down back. I think they're making an example of him because they can. They have the Beast and they have a decent backup, so they're giving Michael a bunch of tough love so he'll be right and hungry when they need him. Give the kid the rock and get out of his way.

Amen.

kearly

Reaction score
If Seattle had drafted a RB in the first few rounds, then I do think you'd have an odd man out situation where Michael would be under serious pressure to keep his job.

But they didn't, so he's not. Unless Thomas Rawls is another Arian Foster, we probably won't remember his name a year from now.

Basis4day

Reaction score
The only thing i'm certain of with Michael is that any attempt to analyze his playing time is an exercise in confirmation bias.

Smellyman

Reaction score
cacksman":1a8cwrkr said:
DavidSeven":1a8cwrkr said:

Has this actually been confirmed?

Unless someone has looked back at all of Michael's snaps, and confirmed that he points to the sky every single time he is going to get a carry, but does absolutely nothing pre-snap if he isn't, then this is complete HS.

Most likely just a message board "truth" that just keeps getting spread.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":24keaq1n said:
Greenhell":24keaq1n said:
Zebulon Dak":24keaq1n said:
High on talent, high on heart, low on brains. He's not getting cut anytime soon but they're not going to beg him to stick around come contract time unless he starts to really produce... which probably ain't happening.

I follow him on IG. He's extremely gifted athletically but, he's a very, very immature young man. Seems more concerned about a rap EP he's put out and flashing his wads of money and showing off his car than focusing on his game. He's somewhat of a goof ball. I wish the best for his this season because I'd really like to see those skills produce on the field. His budding rap career, not so much. It does sound like he's got some flow though for whatever that's worth.

Totally. I actually recently decided to unfollow him, I just couldn't take it anymore after the mixtape dropped haha.

That was the worst. He kept posting screen shots of his followers giving him props for his rap efforts.

Hawks46

Reaction score
This blurb from the article Kidhawk posted is one of the biggest reasons we're not seeing CMike:

"That also includes staying out of the training room. He didn’t touch the ball from the last exhibition game of 2014 through the first five regular season games because of a hamstring injury. The season before that, he had a bad back. Last month he missed a couple days of organized team activities then the lone mandatory minicamp practice because of a tight hamstring."

He was supposed to show the coaching staff he was the heir apparent this year, and there was no better time to do it with Lynch out his usual amount in the preseason and Turbin recovering from surgery. Instead, he's out with hamstring tightness. Again. He can't stay on the field, he gets no practice continuity, and from all the things we're hearing, he has a borderline poor attitude.

Believe me, no one wanted CMike to step up and show he was the heir apparent more than me. His athleticism is breath taking and he's a home run threat every time he touches the ball, plus he's good at eluding and breaking tackles. He's not afraid of contact. He has good hands. He's a faster, less physical version of Lynch.

The problem is that he is immature. The pointing thing and the pouting is ridiculous. The other big problem I have is that he needed to put his position on this team in a head lock and cement his future here. Instead, we're talking about a UDFA creating excitement. Michael doesn't seem to understand that even though he was drafted in the 2nd round, he has to compete for a spot on this team. He seems to have a sense of entitlement. There's a very big problem when, after listening to coach speak, they keep trying to motivate CMike and put a fire under his butt. There are a lot of posters here theorizing the same thing. This is my big problem: you can't force a guy to have desire and drive. It's what makes Russell Wilson so special: he has a drive that most guys just don't have.

cacksman

Reaction score
It's really unbelievable what quotes someone can pull off of an article to frame their narrative. From that same article everyone is linking to:

“This is a fantastic time for him. This is his time,” coach Pete Carroll said this spring. “We’re going to push him in that regard and just match up with his expectations. He wants to be a front-line, first-line back and he’s got tremendous talent and we’re just going to see how it goes.”

That doesn't sound like someone who is content with being high draft pick that fades into mediocrity.

Unless someone wants to show recent quotes from staff (other than the one above) and not message board truths or conjecture about "inexplicable plays such as stepping out a yard before the first down marker" which every player is guilty of, being a reason why he isn't getting more carries, then you are completely BSing yourself and everyone else.

I can't wait to bump this thread next month.

chris98251

Reaction score
cacksman":27pvgzhc said:
It's really unbelievable what quotes someone can pull off of an article to frame their narrative. From that same article everyone is linking to:

“This is a fantastic time for him. This is his time,” coach Pete Carroll said this spring. [b]“We’re going to push him in that regard and just match up with his expectations. He wants to be a front-line, first-line back[/b] and he’s got tremendous talent and we’re just going to see how it goes.”

That doesn't sound like someone who is content with being high draft pick that fades into mediocrity.

Unless someone wants to show recent quotes from staff (other than the one above) and not message board truths or conjecture about "inexplicable plays such as stepping out a yard before the first down marker" which every player is guilty of, being a reason why he isn't getting more carries, then you are completely BSing yourself and everyone else.

I can't wait to bump this thread next month.

You don't need to push guys with drive, the fact he has high expectations but doesn't push himself is a character flag.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hard to say given I'm not convinced he's even started. So it's pretty hard to know the ending without at least that much.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2rywz0yx said:
Hard to say given I'm not convinced he's even started. So it's pretty hard to know the ending without at least that much.

Once upon a time..........

There is your beginning. Now we can look for an ending. LOL :stirthepot:

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I'm going to crack up if we see very little of him again this year then sign him to a sizable extension in the offseason next year.

- bsd

Latest posts