Jay Glazer's QBs he'd choose over Baker Mayfield

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Tical21":12huk1yy said:
SoulfishHawk":12huk1yy said:
Shoot, just look at Russ' rookie year. He had a much bigger impact than Mayfield. 11-5 Record, 64.1 completion percentage, 26 TD and 10 picks (10 is high for him), a playoff WIN, and a defensive breakdown from having the team in the NFC Championship. He lead that comeback w/less than a minute to play which should have put them in the Title Game at San Fran....as a ROOKIE. Shoot, the rest of his numbers stand on their own. Let alone all the pro bowls, playoff wins, back to back Super Bowls, carrying the team w/one of the worst O Lines we have ever seen etc.
Like I said, I like Mayfield, but these types of articles are hilarious.
You wouldn't trade Russ today for Mayfield and his contract?
BWAHAHAHAHA!!......................No.

xray

Reaction score
Glazer should go back to analyzing the UFC or whatever he used to do.

Crizilla

Reaction score
some dudes in the media are paid to hype up teams or players, it's a marketing move

/redpill

CPHawk

Reaction score
RG3 was good as a rookie also. The NFL will figure Mayfield out, just like they did RG3.

xray

Reaction score
CPHawk":22jzmm0h said:
RG3 was good as a rookie also. The NFL will figure Mayfield out, just like they did RG3.
Even with Wilson the defenses figured out how to flush Wilson...but it usually backfired on them...Wilson in present day can still do magic when pressured but will the sacks keep building too ? Sacks are my pet peeve this season ..again ! GO HAWKS

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I don't like Mayfield he is the poster child for entitled rich man's syndrome that's destroying this country.

Post edited to remove complained of remarks. jammerhawk.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":243gk3sc said:
I don't like Mayfield he is the poster child for rich entitled athlete syndrome that's destroying this country.

Huh?

Mayfield's from the boonies in Texas, went to a public school and lived in rental houses.

He definitely was a dumb ass kid, but I'd hardly call him a poster child for "white man syndrome" (whatever that is). Josh Rosen? Absolutely. Mayfield? Not so much.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Let's take references to race and politics out QB discussions.

I agree here with Seymour, Glazer is an idiot.

Leee-roy

Reaction score
My take on RW.
He doesn't seem to do quick over-the -middle throws. (Can't see over the line?)
He doesn't seem to do timing throws,(where the ball is thrown before the receiver makes his cut), seems to wait till he sees a receiver open, hence holding the ball too long , causing me to yell THROW IT THROW IT! at the TV all the time.
His bread and butter seem to me to be waiting till the play has broken down with him and the receivers running all around and making a big play. Roast me! :stirthepot:

Seymour

Reaction score
Leee-roy":1gmk3u9k said:
My take on RW.
He doesn't seem to do timing throws,(where the ball is thrown before the receiver makes his cut), seems to wait till he sees a receiver open, hence holding the ball too long , causing me to yell THROW IT THROW IT! at the TV all the time.
His bread and butter seem to me to be waiting till the play has broken down with him and the receivers running all around and making a big play. Roast me! :stirthepot:

No need. You did well enough at that yourself!

:snack:

John63

Reaction score
Leee-roy":2ikqnc2u said:
My take on RW.

well I would but since nothing you said is based on FACTS why waste my time.

John63

Reaction score
xray":3iw7qjbo said:
CPHawk":3iw7qjbo said:
Even with Wilson the defenses figured out how to flush Wilson...but it usually backfired on them...Wilson in present day can still do magic when pressured but will the sacks keep building too ? Sacks are my pet peeve this season ..again ! GO HAWKS

The sacks are a by product of multipel things

Some is Wilson not wanting to give up on a play
Some is bad blocking
some is long developing plays/play design
some is lack of outlet options

3 of the 4 can and should be fixed. 1 I don't want fixed because more often than not things work out.