Jaye Howard cut

chris98251

Reaction score
Well it won't take long for these guys to be on other rosters based on the performance we seen during pre season.

godawg

Reaction score
We will probably be seeing a new Hawk DT soon. JS is up to something.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'm shocked given how our depth at DL continues to dwindle, but I agree that they must have their eyes on someone else at this point.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":22ry422w said:
Not true.

In the draft their actions have been spectacular.

In FO and other roster moves it has been significantly less of a success rate.

That said, WTF.

Jaye Howard is needed depth at an important position and he was not even particularly expensive.

We got rid of him to keep a roster slot, but we kept a guy like that worthless WR from Kansas State so that we can have 16,231 WRs on the roster instead. It certainly wasn't a salary issue and he was not only performing well but he was not even close to peaking. A young cheap defensive lineman that can spell / rest your primaries is not a bad investment.

A stone handed lazy WR that makes Mike Williams look like Steve Largent is.
According to this line of reasoning, Tate should have never seen a second season here.

w00t

Reaction score
DT Marvin Austin was just cut from the Giants, if no team picks him up i can see him being a seahawk.

hawkmanj

Reaction score
shocking consider the current DL health. They must know something we don't or have some plan of some sort.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Slightly disappointed by this. I grew attached to him after seeing him make camp in the backfield.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The rap on Howard was consistency of effort. If the 'Hawks let Howard walk, and grab another DT, I think that sends a pretty strong message that they are not satisfied with his overall impact. It's an even stronger message given that Dan Quinn, his college coach, is Seattle's DC and in a really, really, good position to know a lot about Howard. Things like technique, endurance, understanding of the game can be coached up by our excellent coaching staff. The motor and desire to bring it every play, now that's a whole different matter. Coaching can only go so far in fixing that.
All that said, I think Howard still has PS eligibility and will stick there, if Jacksonville doesn't snag him. Jacksonville may well pass, for the same reasons; Gus Bradley is going to have a lot of Pete Carroll elements to his program, and if Howard can't make it here over effort issues, Bradley probably wouldn't want him there. In Kearly's DVR review of one game he even commented on Howard's inconsistent effort. (Kearly, if I am misquoting you, please correct me)

I think Seattle is concluding that Howard's upside is limited and they'd rather move on to someone with more upside and more DRIVE to get there. So we'll see about this D'Anthony guy or whatever his name is.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
This cut surprises me too. Howard seemed to have a pretty strong camp and preseason for us.

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
LOL, told you he sucked. Remember I told you Simon and Jesse Williams suck too.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":26rwy72u said:
Lol yeah I remember that LOL. Especially Simon. You see him out there getting burned? Lol

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1gxgvbtp said:
Stoned Cold":1gxgvbtp said:
Lol yeah I remember that LOL. Especially Simon. You see him out there getting burned? Lol

Yep. Unfortunately Simon will probly go back to Eunice, LA after his IR settlement and be a dumb ass and do nothing. He's a self entitled d-bag.

Williams just isn't that good.

I'm pulling for Ware. He's a team guy, hard worker, and motivated.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Besides MRob getting released, this was the most surprising for me. He was having a pretty good preseason and was a Quinn guy. Bit of a shocker that they wouldn't keep him but they are high on McDaniel and Bennett so it does make some sense.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
-The Glove-":30mpzozv said:
Stoned Cold":30mpzozv said:
Lol...totally went over his head.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":1xjfjv1g said:
-The Glove-":1xjfjv1g said:
Stoned Cold":1xjfjv1g said:
Lol...totally went over his head.
Haha clearly

Latest posts