Jody Allen looking for Pete's replacement?

OP
OP
O

OLYhawks

Reaction score
Click bait, Jody is going to Houston to watch the Dawgs, the one football team from Seattle that is actually good and playing for a national championship.

Isn't that exactly what the tweet says? 😂

Fade

Reaction score
I'll sign up for anyone at this point, but there is no reason why they couldn't get a top flight candidate given the money, and the state of the roster. This roster is primed to win, now. It just needs some tweeking not an overhaul.

Harbs having spent all these years in the BIG 10, and recruiting on a national level, could give a real insight to the prospects coming out, like Pete before him.

xray

Reaction score
PC basically runs the show . He may step down as HC and go to the HO ; but he won't be fired . He also will have the final word on who is the next HC too . imo

Ozzy

Reaction score
PC basically runs the show . He may step down as HC and go to the HO ; but he won't be fired . He also will have the final word on who is the next HC too . imo
Which isn’t a good thing. Once they move on they need totally different set of eyes. Keeping Pete on to pick the coach after the disasters we’ve had of him picking coordinators and positional coaches would be terrible.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Obviously a parody account. Plus, using some logic, an NFL owner would not go and bug a CFB head coach during their national championship game outing to try and recruit them. There's no need for that. No need to sit in the stands and "scout" the coach either.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
using some logic, an NFL owner would not go and bug a CFB head coach during their national championship game outing to try and recruit them. There's no need for that. No need to sit in the stands and "scout" the coach either.

Logic and football forum do not mix. Don't try spouting the virtues of logic in these here parts.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Which isn’t a good thing. Once they move on they need totally different set of eyes. Keeping Pete on to pick the coach after the disasters we’ve had of him picking coordinators and positional coaches would be terrible.
Hell to the NO...YOU are talking like Pete Carroll wants the Seahawks to F'ing FAIL...WTF???
I've been saying for quite a LOOOOONG time now, I want Pete, whose been 100% FOR the success of the Seahawks Franchise since he came here, to HELP select his heir apparent, because I believe that HE WANTS WHAT'S BEST for the Seahawks Franchise...P-E-R-I-O-D!!
GROWNUPS need to intervene with SOME of y'all's this hate shit for Pete...I swear to the Make-Believe Man in the Sky...Some of this infantile crap just needs to STOP!!
This denigrating of a REALLY GOOD PERSON>>>>PETE CARROLL, is pretty telling when it comes to the Character of the SNIVELERS who are Pi$$ing & Moaning....AD NAUSIUM about him....TIME TO GROW THE HELL UP!

Last edited:

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Disgusting. If PC hires coaches like he hires coordinators the long 8 year playoff dark night will continue.

renofox

Reaction score
Hell to the NO...YOU are talking like Pete Carroll wants the Seahawks to fail...WTF???
I've been saying for quite a LOOOOONG time now, I want Pete, whose been 100% FOR the success of the Seahawks Franchise since he came here, to HELP select his heir apparent, because I believe that HE WANTS WHAT'S BEST for the Seahawks Franchise...P-E-R-I-O-D
GROWNUPS need to intervene with this hate shit for Pete to subside...I swear to the Make-Believe Man in the Sky...Some of this infantile crap needs to just STOP!!
This denigrating of a REALLY GOOD PERSON is pretty telling when it comes to the Character of the SNIVELERS who are Pi$$ing & Moaning....AD NAUSIUM.
He was saying that PC is incompetent in choosing coaching personnel, not that PC wanted to fail. Maybe it would be better if PC wanted to fail - he might accidentally choose a good coordinator instead of using his tried and true outside-in method.

He tried to build the roster outside-in on both sides of the ball. Then he doubled down on the DC spot by promoting the DB coach, followed by the LB coach, and culminating with the DL coach.

Maybe he can try the OL coach for his next DC hire? Nah, he'll probably start the cycle over with the DB coach promoted to DC next year.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Click bait, Jody is going to Houston to watch the Dawgs, the one football team from Seattle that is actually good and playing for a national championship.

Pete will finish his NFL coaching career here when his contract is up. Until then there will be more grumbling about him being old fashioned b/c his chronological age is north of 70. For an ‘old guy’ he certainly doesn’t act that way. I do believe he has backed away for some time to being totally in charge despite his position and title and relies on JS in personnel matters and his coordinators when the the DC has proven his incompetence.

Hurrt will be gone after this season ends, even though an argument could have been defended that he should have been gone after the 2nd Rams loss. There is certainly some validity to the argument that the D doesn’t even do the fundamentals well, which certainly is on him. He is way over his head and has no solutions, perhaps not even understanding well what or how things need to get done.

Doubt greatly that Jody will replace Pete until his contract is up.
SENSIBLE And VERY WELL thought out ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Latest posts