Jody Allen looking for Pete's replacement?

chrispy

Reaction score
Obviously, the buck stops with JAllen. None of us know her well enough to know what she's thinking. She's been in charge for such a short time, we don't have much history to look at in order to predict. If she sees the Seahawks as a legacy to PAllen and sees the team's success as a comment on his success, she probably won't settle for mediocrity. If she's looking at the team as an asset to be divested and a mere portion of a much larger estate, she probably doesn't care if the team is 7/10 or 10/7. So we can't realistically predict.

However, the decisions of the coming weeks will give good insight into how she is viewing the situation. Perhaps she really wants a Championship to dedicate to Paul before the team is sold and she's willing to make a lot of waves to get it done. Perhaps she's tired of the time and effort it takes to steer an NFL franchise. ...probably somewhere in between. The changes/decisions in the next month will give us a window into her plans. If she shakes things up, ownership might not change for quite a while. She may enjoy the Owner's Club. If not, the sales process may start during the '24 season.

Last edited:

NoGain

Reaction score
I can't for the life of me see PC as having any say-so whatsoever about the hiring of a new coach. I mean, if they want to move on from him as a HC, why for heaven's sake would they let him put his stamp on the hiring of a new coach?

flv2

Reaction score
For what it's worth I don't see Carroll losing his job being discussed on NFL forums other than this 1. His job is seen as safe even if the Seahawks lose today. Just the outside view of non-Seahawks fans I guess.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I can't for the life of me see PC as having any say-so whatsoever about the hiring of a new coach. I mean, if they want to move on from him as a HC, why for heaven's sake would they let him put his stamp on the hiring of a new coach?
What if he retires and moves to the front office? That’s where I think he could have some say. I think if he’s forced out in some capacity then yeah there is no way he has any control or say in that.

Ozzy

Reaction score
For what it's worth I don't see Carroll losing his job being discussed on NFL forums other than this 1. His job is seen as safe even if the Seahawks lose today. Just the outside view of non-Seahawks fans I guess.
Multiple NFL insiders are discussing it though.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Hell to the NO!!!

Some peoples' memories are very short.

Harbaugh here would be a disaster.
I agree. Harbaugh walked into a full cupboard of talent that had been accumulating for years and got them to a SB and relevant for a couple of years then left them in shambles.

But the big problem with him is his personality. He's a first-class prick, and it's highly likely that he wouldn't meld with others within the organization.

NoGain

Reaction score
What if he retires and moves to the front office? That’s where I think he could have some say. I think if he’s forced out in some capacity then yeah there is no way he has any control or say in that.
If he retires and is moved to the front office where he retains some significant degree of power and influence over personnel decisions...just shoot me.

flv2

Reaction score
Multiple NFL insiders are discussing it though.
As they should be. I'm just saying I don't see non-Seahawks fans talking about it. Certain other teams are mentioned as candidates for a HC change, but not this team. Just an outsider's point of view.

ccla

Reaction score
I want Pete, whose been 100% FOR the success of the Seahawks Franchise since he came here, to HELP select his heir apparent, because I believe that HE WANTS WHAT'S BEST for the Seahawks Franchise...P-E-R-I-O-D!!
You said yourself you want him to be involved!! WTH?
I don’t want him involved, why does that imply that i have disdain for him? I like him as a person. Although i do not know him personally, he seems like a nice person. However he has made bad decisions regarding coaches going back 10 years. Why anybody would want him involved with selecting his heir escapes me! So he can hire another good guy? I do not care if the next coach is asshole (and by this i fo not mean someone who flaunt the rules, but rather someone who is a disciplinarian), i just want someone that adjusts quickly, who does not wait four years to fire someone. This is a game to us, but it is their effing job! Do it well or get the heck out! Can you imagine if a company waited 10 years to fire a CEO that was underperforming? They would be eaten alive by the competition, which is exactly what is happening to the Hawks!!

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Would be quite bizarre to get used to Jim Harbaugh as your coach.

From one enemy team to the other.

Felt weird rooting for him v Alabama last week too.
I had to learn to root for Harbaugh when Michigan hired him. I never denied that he was a very good coach.

Seriously though, Michigan is not letting him go and will pay him huge to stay.

Latest posts