Jody Allen looking for Pete's replacement?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
He was saying that PC is incompetent in choosing coaching personnel, not that PC wanted to fail. Maybe it would be better if PC wanted to fail - he might accidentally choose a good coordinator instead of using his tried and true outside-in method.

He tried to build the roster outside-in on both sides of the ball. Then he doubled down on the DC spot by promoting the DB coach, followed by the LB coach, and culminating with the DL coach.

Maybe he can try the OL coach for his next DC hire? Nah, he'll probably start the cycle over with the DB coach promoted to DC next year.
GEEEZUZ!!, need some CHEESE to go with that WHINE Reno?

Wheetie

Reaction score
Hell to the NO...YOU are talking like Pete Carroll wants the Seahawks to F'ing FAIL...WTF???
I've been saying for quite a LOOOOONG time now, I want Pete, whose been 100% FOR the success of the Seahawks Franchise since he came here, to HELP select his heir apparent, because I believe that HE WANTS WHAT'S BEST for the Seahawks Franchise...P-E-R-I-O-D!!
GROWNUPS need to intervene with SOME of y'all's this hate shit for Pete...I swear to the Make-Believe Man in the Sky...Some of this infantile crap just needs to STOP!!
This denigrating of a REALLY GOOD PERSON>>>>PETE CARROLL, is pretty telling when it comes to the Character of the SNIVELERS who are Pi$$ing & Moaning....AD NAUSIUM about him....TIME TO GROW THE HELL UP!
Wow Scutter, I appreciate your passion! I really do, truly...but breathe man! I see veins poppin' in ur forehead!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Wow Scutter, I appreciate your passion! I really do, truly...but breathe man! I see veins poppin' in ur forehead!
No, you "Appreciate" >NOTHING< I've said...it's COMICALY ABSURD (Veins Popping REALLY STUPID REMARK), just like your response & off the wall assessment of my critiquing of Renofox's silly & childish post, eh.

renofox

Reaction score
No, you "Appreciate" >NOTHING< I've said...it's COMICALY ABSURD (Veins Popping REALLY STUPID REMARK), just like your response & off the wall assessment of my critiquing of Renofox's silly & childish post, eh.
I know facts can be a really tough thing to deal with. Insulting posts and posters rather than dealing with the facts is always a great option when the truth is just too hard.

James in PA

Reaction score
Would Harbaugh even want the Seattle job? We don't have a QBOTF nor are we gonna have a pick high enough to get one of the top QB prospects. The same can't be said for teams like the Chargers and Bears. Plus, he has played for both of them. Hopefully sticking it to the Niners would be enough motivation for him.

ccla

Reaction score
Hell to the NO...YOU are talking like Pete Carroll wants the Seahawks to F'ing FAIL...WTF???
I've been saying for quite a LOOOOONG time now, I want Pete, whose been 100% FOR the success of the Seahawks Franchise since he came here, to HELP select his heir apparent, because I believe that HE WANTS WHAT'S BEST for the Seahawks Franchise...P-E-R-I-O-D!!
GROWNUPS need to intervene with SOME of y'all's this hate shit for Pete...I swear to the Make-Believe Man in the Sky...Some of this infantile crap just needs to STOP!!
This denigrating of a REALLY GOOD PERSON>>>>PETE CARROLL, is pretty telling when it comes to the Character of the SNIVELERS who are Pi$$ing & Moaning....AD NAUSIUM about him....TIME TO GROW THE HELL UP!
Why would he be better at hiring a head coach than he would be at hiring coordinators? I know Pete is a good person, i still don’t want him in the organization.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Who in the hell is Baker Breadman? I hope you guys don't open unsolicited emails, too. As PT Barnum once said, there's a sucker born every minute.

keasley45

Reaction score
PC basically runs the show . He may step down as HC and go to the HO ; but he won't be fired . He also will have the final word on who is the next HC too . imo
I dont think this is true. If you watched the post Russ trade presser, one thing was obvious. JS was fed up with Russ and happy to be talking about moving on and was 100% ok with Wagners exit. Pete on the other hand was far less enthusiastic.

And, if you remember Jody's very blunt 'thank you' to Russ and rebuttal of his statement that he was blindsided by the trade, ots obvious that of the 3 people charged with leading this franchise, that Pete was NOT the one entirely 'good' with the moves made.

I tend to think that Jody gave John and Pete the opportunity to rebuild the team post Russ and that John's vision for how to do that is now at odds with Pete's philosophy, at least as it has translates to his choice of coaches and coordinators, their messaging and certainly the results on the field.

Jody will 100% Not be happy with the results this year. John I think will also not be pleased with what seems to be consistent lack of preparation leading to losses. He's responsible for acquiring the talent and having been given the clear message to fix things post Russ, isn't going to just sit back and let his work go to waste because the players aren't getting the coaching they need. Pete constantly repeating, ' we just didn't do the fundamentals' is to going to sit well.

Pete doesn't own the Seahawks. Jody owns the Seahawks. For all the talk about the power he has, if she want him gone and if her assessment of the state of things jibes with John's (and ot obviously was immediately after the Russ trade) Pete will be on the hot seat and could absolutely be replaced.

Chapow

Reaction score
Stay away from DeBoer! We want him at Washington forever.

This. Leave DeBoer alone. I hope he wants to stay at UW for a very long time.

Having said that, I don't have any idea what his aspirations are. If he wants to be a head coach at the NFL level, he'll get that opportunity pretty damn soon. I'm hoping he wants to build a legacy at UW, but who knows.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I would hope he'd be smart enough to realize he's going to get an average NFL salary at Washington for the next 5 years, whereas if he goes to NFL could be fired after one year

Ozzy

Reaction score
I dont think this is true. If you watched the post Russ trade presser, one thing was obvious. JS was fed up with Russ and happy to be talking about moving on and was 100% ok with Wagners exit. Pete on the other hand was far less enthusiastic.

And, if you remember Jody's very blunt 'thank you' to Russ and rebuttal of his statement that he was blindsided by the trade, ots obvious that of the 3 people charged with leading this franchise, that Pete was NOT the one entirely 'good' with the moves made.

I tend to think that Jody gave John and Pete the opportunity to rebuild the team post Russ and that John's vision for how to do that is now at odds with Pete's philosophy, at least as it has translates to his choice of coaches and coordinators, their messaging and certainly the results on the field.

Jody will 100% Not be happy with the results this year. John I think will also not be pleased with what seems to be consistent lack of preparation leading to losses. He's responsible for acquiring the talent and having been given the clear message to fix things post Russ, isn't going to just sit back and let his work go to waste because the players aren't getting the coaching they need. Pete constantly repeating, ' we just didn't do the fundamentals' is to going to sit well.

Pete doesn't own the Seahawks. Jody owns the Seahawks. For all the talk about the power he has, if she want him gone and if her assessment of the state of things jibes with John's (and ot obviously was immediately after the Russ trade) Pete will be on the hot seat and could absolutely be replaced.
You may very well be right? For me there are too many whispers that Pete is in full control and after years of spinning their wheels it sort of feels that way. My guess is if Pete wants to coach another 2-3 years they’d let him.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I know facts can be a really tough thing to deal with. Insulting posts and posters rather than dealing with the facts is always a great option when the truth is just too hard.
OMG!! Like you don't play fast & loose with the truth? LOLOLOL

keasley45

Reaction score
You may very well be right? For me there are too many whispers that Pete is in full control and after years of spinning their wheels it sort of feels that way. My guess is if Pete wants to coach another 2-3 years they’d let him.

Do you really think that if they've looked at things and Jody and John are of the opinion that the coaching is the problem, they'd let Pete have carte blanche in potentially wasting the capital they gained from the Russ trade?

I seriously do not think so. The NFL is a business. Struggling to win a championship post LOB with Russ as a contributing factor (certainly in John's eyes because he tried to trade him years ago) vs struggling to make the playoffs with a roster that was re stocked with talent and potential from a cleam slate are two entirely different things.

Mile Holmgren had full control too, until he didnt.

I feel like the sentiment that Pete somehow has more knowledge and power in this d3ak than Jody ... if she were a man, I wonder if folks would still feel that way.

Given her very public statement post Russ trade, she doesn't seem at all like the type to take a bunch of BS. And it is her brother's legacy we are talking about, tp say nothing for her reputation.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Why would he be better at hiring a head coach than he would be at hiring coordinators? I know Pete is a good person, i still don’t want him in the organization.
Pete would "Hire" his replacement???, C'mon, your disdain for Pete is sticking out like a sore pecker.
Hell, for all you, I or anyone else knows, he might even have enough respect for Harbaugh (having competed against the guy) to want him to take over as his replacement.
Old saying, "It Takes One to Know One".