Justin Britt

Mojambo

Reaction score
It's a DEVELOPMENTAL line.

The goal is to keep winning ugly while it develops. We've been through this before. I have faith.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":hrujhrag said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/651804611464970240[/tweet]

That's actually not a good summary. Britt gets straight-up beat there and there's no excuse for him. But 90% of the time, that's not what happens. What happens is that Wilson holds the ball for too long and the OL gets overwhelmed.

If dropbacks like this were the rule, I'd be worried. But they're not.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3bg431uz said:
:sarcasm_on: That right there is one of the greatest whiffs I've ever seen :sarcasm_off:
Looked like the dance of the dying Emu.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":1jhekb94 said:
Scottemojo":1jhekb94 said:

Drafted in round 2, Cable's guy, and been in his system yet no one including Cable should be held accountable for oline issues because Cable doesn't have much talent to work with since we spend most of the money on defense.
So, hmmm, uh maybe we should keep pointing the bony fingers at Bevell fo making the dumb play calls that the O-Line can't even minimally execute.
No run blocking?, No pushing?, No pass blocking?...aren't these guys practicing against one of the best Defenses in the League????

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":1vjgsu2v said:
Scottemojo":1vjgsu2v said:

Drafted in round 2, Cable's guy, and been in his system yet no one including Cable should be held accountable for oline issues because Cable doesn't have much talent to work with since we spend most of the money on defense.
No, no no! The real problem is that Wilson holds on to the ball too long. :sarcasm_off:

Jville

Reaction score
In the selected clips, the contrast between guards JR Sweezy and Justin Britt is huge. Although, Sweezy has seen a lot of snaps at guard. Where as, Britt's cumulative experience has been limited to 4 games.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":26og793j said:
Scottemojo":26og793j said:

Okung looked even worse on that one and had several plays where he was ineffective or just flat-out whiffed on the block. Britt has looked bad, but at least you can understand why given that he is moving to a new position. Okung has looked just as bad and has no excuse for it.

From center over looked pretty bad. I'm not really buying this " work in progress " rabble . I think it's a deflection from some really bad offensive lineman. What else can the coaching staff say? This isn't about missed assignments or making the wrong pass pro call, these guys are getting straight out abused and look like they shouldn't even be playing high school ball.

Only thing I might buy is that there seems to be some legitimacy to not having full contact in practices and pre season because these guys look really soft. Seems to be an issue around the rest of the league as well.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
ya'll think Pete and Cable look at these same video's????? I was at game and up close, and I tell you Britt was/is just about the worst piece of meat I have EVER observed out there, Good God man give a couple of the slugs you have standing on the sideline a chance. If any of you really think we are going to win even 8 games with this line, let me know where to make the bet.

God they suck

Scottemojo

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3pi2alqx said:
SeahawksFanForever":3pi2alqx said:
Scottemojo":3pi2alqx said:

So, hmmm, uh maybe we should keep pointing the bony fingers at Bevell fo making the dumb play calls that the O-Line can't even minimally execute.
No run blocking?, No pushing?, No pass blocking?...aren't these guys practicing against one of the best Defenses in the League????
Bevell's bad calls and Britt's bad plays are not mutually exclusive. On this play, Nowak and Britt and Okung had to block 4 guys. I think Britt and Okung's hesitancy is because they were outnumbered. A trend I saw all night. Running 6 man fronts into 8 man run defense.

That doesn't excuse anyone, but that play was dead even if Britt did his job perfectly. Formationally, is looks dead before the snap.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seriously WHY HAS BAILEY OR GLOWINSKI NOT GOT ONE SHOT AT LG?!

Britt has been absolutely embarrassing. Some of these attempts at blocking are comical. Jimmy Graham would be a better LG at this point.

I wonder how bad JS wishes he had the 2014 draft back when he could have taken Bitonio at 32 and a good WR at 64.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2n9vq9bx said:
Bevell's bad calls and Britt's bad plays are not mutually exclusive. On this play, Nowak and Britt and Okung had to block 4 guys. I think Britt and Okung's hesitancy is because they were outnumbered. A trend I saw all night. Running 6 man fronts into 8 man run defense.

That doesn't excuse anyone, but that play was dead even if Britt did his job perfectly. Formationally, is looks dead before the snap.

You figure it would be fair to say Russell's pre snap reads/audibles/adjustments have been poor this year? He continually failed to recognize corner blitzes against Detroit.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":21ib02y1 said:
Scottemojo":21ib02y1 said:

You figure it would be fair to say Russell's pre snap reads/audibles/adjustments have been poor this year? He continually failed to recognize corner blitzes against Detroit.
Yeah, I dunno. Seattle had an unbalanced look with Tukuafu and another TE by Gilliam on that play, 2 blockers on one side of the center, 4 on the other, and they ran to the short side. Interestingly, Detroit kept 4 run defenders on either side of the center anyway. I think they suspected trickery.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I can't stop watching that gif with Britt and Okung. I honestly think I would of had a better effort at 220 lbs on that play.

marko358

Reaction score
When do we give up on this guy? He's straight up awful and seemingly getting worse.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Basis4day":gqb46qez said:
oldhawkfan":gqb46qez said:
By most accounts, Britt is playing poorly at left guard. Yeah yeah yeah, it takes awhile for the line to gel, etc... The question I have does anyone besides me think that Britt actually played better at RT than LG ? Long term at guard is probably a better fit than tackle but would the line maybe be better with Britt back at RT and Bailey at LG?

They saw something in the pre-season game against Denver that really freaked them out about Britt. But he got toasted by a premier pass rusher in Von Miller, and the Denver defense is proving formidable this year.
I'm not convinced this is true. I think the move had more to do with the guard options not working out and having a potential right guard replacement. All about getting the best 5 players on the field.

That said, wow are they bad. It's hard to imagine any of the other possible combinations being worse.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/651855959258611712[/tweet]
Britt has got to keep his feet under him.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Britt has an arm brace on his right shoulder, correct? makes me wonder if an injury is contributing to the suckery. He does seem to struggle in the game a lot more if the guy he is blocking is on is right.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3mkk802b said:
CodeWarrior":3mkk802b said:
Scottemojo":3mkk802b said:

Yeah, I dunno. Seattle had an unbalanced look with Tukuafu and another TE by Gilliam on that play, 2 blockers on one side of the center, 4 on the other, and they ran to the short side. Interestingly, Detroit kept 4 run defenders on either side of the center anyway. I think they suspected trickery.

You mean people are on to Bevell's way of thinking that he is out-thinking everyone? No way.