Kaepernick visit postponed

2_0_6

Reaction score
Say the Hawks signed him and he didn't kneel one time next season. Attracting the media circus would be the exact opposite direction of what Pete and John have done this offseason.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sounds like a solid plan. Bring in a backup that has a lawsuit against your team (and others) and hope he can help make things better for your team. :roll:

Crizilla

Reaction score
2_0_6":bbhnpasn said:
Say the Hawks signed him and he didn't kneel one time next season. Attracting the media circus would be the exact opposite direction of what Pete and John have done this offseason.

Exactly. It's more about the media frenzy and off the field issues Kap would bring. Not necessarily just the kneeling

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Please postpone the meeting FOREVER. Thank you.

taz291819

Reaction score
This is 25% about kneeling, and 75% about the collusion case.

Would anyone here hire someone that has named you as a defendant in a case? I doubt Paul Allen would.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
chris98251":19e6nguh said:
Well they are in the middle of the litigation and until he and the litigation is done it may be difficult to plan how things are going to be viewed or allowed. The whole collusion issue could blow up bigger if the league is found guilty and if Kaep happened to be here make things uncomfortable for all involved.

I mean it is sort of like asking who your next live in partner is while your still in a divorce proceedings.

I'm convinced he doesn't want to play football anymore and enjoys the spotlight he is in right now.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Why oh why are they entertaining this idea???? Politics and distractions are one thing but the guy also sucks! He got beat out by Blaine Gabbert!!! Not worth the bs media attention and distraction. Thought we were getting rid of that stuff here....just say no to Krapper...

HawkGA

Reaction score
Given the Seahawks tolerated Bennett and his protests, I highly doubt it is just about the kneeling. But the kneeling is certainly an issue so it makes sense they would want him to have a plan for what he was going to do or how he was gonig to deal with it.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
mrt144":dbvwcjvi said:
Aros":dbvwcjvi said:
If anyone for one second doesn't think that this has to do with the risk of losing a large chunk of your fanbase and subsequent revenue fallout is higher than a kite in a tornado.

It wouldn't matter if he agreed to stop kneeling at this point - some portion of any fanbase doesn't want him there for completely non-football reasons from 2 years ago.

And for some folks like me, it's not like I'm going to stick around and watch a league black ball Kaep and Reid for embarrassing fans who have very unnuanced ideas about everything.

You're certainly welcome to your nuanced opinion.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
taz291819":2yiioynj said:
The problem is that it should be 100% about the fact that he SUCKS!

Rocket

Reaction score
Osprey":20b42rcq said:
Sounds like they wanted to know his plan for handling media distractions.

Doesn't matter that it's a politically related issue...a lack of plan speaks to lack of preparation which is the opposite of what you're looking for in a QB.

They asked him either for a plan or if he could follow a plan and he said no. I feel the request is reasonable, rebuilding season or not. I also feel strongly that he's still in the clutches of his activist girlfriend and her cohorts and he doesn't really know what the plan is because they girlfriend and cohorts) haven't given it to him yet.
Just my fifth of a dime.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":3c8lm9d2 said:
taz291819":3c8lm9d2 said:

Its all about upside though isnt it? As a back up if he comes in he gives you more chance to win than a journeyman like Austin Davis.

He has done well previously and if it wasnt for all the off field stuff he probably would be starting somewhere even if it was the Browns or Jets.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1xfetvf4 said:
MD5eahawks":1xfetvf4 said:
taz291819":1xfetvf4 said:

Its all about upside though isnt it? As a back up if he comes in he gives you more chance to win than a journeyman like Austin Davis.

He has done well previously and if it wasnt for all the off field stuff he probably would be starting somewhere even if it was the Browns or Jets.
Not so sure about starting but he definitely would be on a roster. I say he sucks b/c he just doesn’t look comfortable playing. He has never looked comfortable. Then, when you factor in the fact that he sounds dumber than a bag of rocks, it just doesn’t give me any warm fuzzies.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm sure money factors in quite a bit too. This is a guy who opted out of a contract that paid how may millions of dollars? If the Seahawks could get buy without paying a backup QB, pretty sure they'd do it so they certainly don't want to put much money into that position. I could very well see a rookie being the backup QB this year.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
QuickLightning":2nyvovv1 said:
vin.couve12":2nyvovv1 said:
Anyone have any other sources to check the validity of this? Not that I would be surprised uf all the stuff we heard las year was two faced...

Schefter also posted the same thing...

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 3882283009

Pretty messed up if Seattle wont support the players' right to a peaceful protest.

How is it messed up that they don't want to risk him tarnishing their brand? The team is under no obligation to provide him with a platform for his politics.

chris98251

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":1hsehvyq said:
QuickLightning":1hsehvyq said:
vin.couve12":1hsehvyq said:
Anyone have any other sources to check the validity of this? Not that I would be surprised uf all the stuff we heard las year was two faced...

Schefter also posted the same thing...

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status ... 3882283009

Pretty messed up if Seattle wont support the players' right to a peaceful protest.

How is it messed up that they don't want to risk him tarnishing their brand? The team is under no obligation to provide him with a platform for his politics.

Sounds a lot like what was said to Muhammed Ali or actually Cassius Clay at the time. He was dodging, he was un-American and then he became a Muslim and got nailed for that. Took a lot of people fighting with him to get back to living his life missing the best year's of his career in between. But his legacy is one of a peacemaker world wide and a difference maker as well a torch lighter at the Olympics and a World Champ and Olympic Champ in Boxing.

The Story could get much more interesting going forward with Kaep.

replicant

Reaction score
Colin Kaepernick’s lawyers to depose Roger Goodell, Pete Carroll in collusion case, report says

Colin Kaepernick’s legal team is shifting its focus from NFL owners for now as they prepare to depose NFL commissioner Roger Goodell later this month in connection to Kaepernick’s collusion lawsuit against the league, The Washington Post reports.

NFL front office figures and coaches already deposed by Kaepernick’s lawyers include Ravens head coach John Harbaugh and general manager Ozzie Newsome, Houston owner Bob McNair and Miami general manager Chris Grier.

Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll and GM John Schneider are also expected to sit for deposition this month, when they will likely be asked why they canceled a workout with Kaepernick this week before signing Stephen Morris to back up Russell Wilson.

Yahoo reported earlier this week that Kaepernick himself will be deposed by NFL lawyers early next week. According to the report, Kaepernick’s grievance against the NFL could drag into 2019.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/co ... li=BBnb7Kz

WmHBonney

Reaction score
replicant":1gfgdse4 said:
Colin Kaepernick’s lawyers to depose Roger Goodell, Pete Carroll in collusion case, report says

Colin Kaepernick’s legal team is shifting its focus from NFL owners for now as they prepare to depose NFL commissioner Roger Goodell later this month in connection to Kaepernick’s collusion lawsuit against the league, The Washington Post reports.

NFL front office figures and coaches already deposed by Kaepernick’s lawyers include Ravens head coach John Harbaugh and general manager Ozzie Newsome, Houston owner Bob McNair and Miami general manager Chris Grier.

Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll and GM John Schneider are also expected to sit for deposition this month, when they will likely be asked why they canceled a workout with Kaepernick this week before signing Stephen Morris to back up Russell Wilson.

Yahoo reported earlier this week that Kaepernick himself will be deposed by NFL lawyers early next week. According to the report, Kaepernick’s grievance against the NFL could drag into 2019.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/co ... li=BBnb7Kz

LMAO
Newsome and Harbaugh simply have to produce a copy of the racist tweet from the girlfriend.
BAM! There goes their "collusion".
His GIRLFRIEND is running him into the ground....just like so many males before him.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, Seattle had the workout scheduled for weeks but on Sunday Seattle asked Kaepernick if he intended to continue his pregame protest. When the QB was noncommittal, Seattle cancelled the workout.

I had thought Kaep was worth a camp body based on football reasons. It is now clear that Kaep wants to be in the game for non-football reasons. No longer supporting him.

Latest posts