Kc/raiders

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Astonishing finish and very entertaining game. I was rooting for KC and am shocked they choked defensively on that final drive. A shame they couldn't have doubled up Crabtree the last play-had to know Carr was looking for him.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Mizak":2i6q49ya said:
If he did this as a Seahawk, would some of you guys say the same thing?

I'm pretty sure you guys would defend his actions on here 100% if he was wearing the blue and green.

That's a pretty broad statement there, and one that is highly inaccurate. Maybe some would defend him, but not very many.

Sign37now

Reaction score
ivotuk":3e3zirwy said:
Mizak":3e3zirwy said:

I'm pretty sure you guys would defend his actions on here 100% if he was wearing the blue and green.

That's a pretty broad statement there, and one that is highly inaccurate. Maybe some would defend him, but not very many.

I wasn't defending him but rather offering my opinion of what I thought his intentions were. He is not the brightest guy in the world but I think he cares about fellow players and their health. I just don't think he was being a douchebag there. Just a feeling..We've all seen the videos of him having fun and being a pretty good dude. I just don't see the malicious side. Bad decision, maybe. Malicious, I don't see it.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Lynch made a huge mistake, but I don't think it's like everyone is trying to paint it.

Peter's had a late hit on Carr, then started fighting. Marshawn ran out there to calm Peter's down and while trying to grab him, got a ref. As soon as he realized it, he let go, and grabbed Peters.

He got ejected, as he should, but unlike some people seem to think, his career is not over. Derek Carr made a point of saying on TV "Thanks Bro for having my back."

So I don't think it's the "major travesty" like some on here are trying to make it out to be.

Don't be so quick to judge.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sign37now":2c55oi5c said:
ivotuk":2c55oi5c said:
Mizak":2c55oi5c said:

I wasn't defending him but rather offering my opinion of what I thought his intentions were. He is not the brightest guy in the world but I think he cares about fellow players and their health. I just don't think he was being a douchebag there. Just a feeling..We've all seen the videos of him having fun and being a pretty good dude. I just don't see the malicious side. Bad decision, maybe. Malicious, I don't see it.

And I agree with you.

I was responding to this kids statement that everyone on here would defend Marshawn if he were a Seahawk. Not true.

Sign37now

Reaction score
ivotuk":2f4y7bwx said:
Lynch made a huge mistake, but I don't think it's like everyone is trying to paint it.

Peter's had a late hit on Carr, then started fighting. Marshawn ran out there to calm Peter's down and while trying to grab him, got a ref. As soon as he realized it, he let go, and grabbed Peters.

He got ejected, as he should, but unlike some people seem to think, his career is not over. Derek Carr made a point of saying on TV "Thanks Bro for having my back."

So I don't think it's the "major travesty" like some on here are trying to make it out to be.

Don't be so quick to judge.

This!

Thank you.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3n3st7os said:
Seanhawk":3n3st7os said:
It looked like he went out there to specifically do that. Maybe he just didn't feel like playing tonight. I'm kidding, but I don't think it's entirely impossible either.

I just watched what he did...he hit the lambo and headed home early to catch the game on CBS. Prolly cracked a cold one by now. Sheesh.

Not true.

There are pictures of Lynch in the crowd watching the game, and in the locker room after the game with his team mates.

NINEster

Reaction score
adeltaY":1uhj8w23 said:
Rams/Niners was better tbh, especially since no one had that circled as a good game coming into the year.

The Chiefs secondary without Eric Berry is absolutely horrific. Their passrush was invisible this game. Derek Carr is still massively overrated, was missing wide open receivers and had five interceptable passes. He had almost no pressure on him all game. When people say he's better than Russ it's just pathetic to hear.

Pathetic?

Like the time people said Carr in his rookie year was better than Kap and Niner fans thought that was pathetic too?

LOL.

Wilson's play hasn't warranted him being undeniably better than other good QBs in this league.

Josea16

Reaction score
He deserved it He's such a punk and belongs in Oakland. It's beyond so fitting. I was born in California and have family in Oakland so yeah.

Tmagopis

Reaction score
Sign37now":bhx03yvq said:
Milehighhawk":bhx03yvq said:
Sign37now":bhx03yvq said:
Posted this in another Lynch thread:

The feeling got from watching it was Marshawn was trying to diffuse the situation but didn't realize it was a ref bumping into him. If you watch, he was looking at Peters and trying to push him out of the scrum when a ref bumps into him. He grabs the ref by the shirt and starts to push him away then as he's about to push him away looks at him and realizes he a ref, then says to himself, "oh shit!" and tries to pull him back so he doesn't fall down.

I'm the first to admit, Lynch isn't the brightest bulb on the tree but I honestly think he was trying diffuse the situation.

That's a fairly slanted take on a guy who left the BENCH to go onto the field.

Just the feeling I got from watching it.... Why the hate? Open your mind a little, consider other options.. Why would he attack a ref who just called a penalty in favor of his team? Go watch it again with an open mind.

+1

The hyperbole here is getting ridiculous

adeltaY

Reaction score
NINEster":1wsdbu4c said:
[
Pathetic?

Like the time people said Carr in his rookie year was better than Kap and Niner fans thought that was pathetic too?

LOL.

Wilson's play hasn't warranted him being undeniably better than other good QBs in this league.

Carr plays in a much more QB friendly offense behind an elite pass protecting line, something neither Kaep nor Wilson have had. TBF the niner OL was pretty damn good in 2012, but still.

If you're talking this year, Carr has been hurt, but he played awfully against the Redskins and Broncos before he did, way worse than any of Wilson's games. Overall his stats are better, that's just a fact. Except for INTs. If you're talking career, then Wilson is waaaaayyy better than Carr and it isn't close.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
That sprint from the sideline was his best run for 2 years.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3dzm5q26 said:
That sprint from the sideline was his best run for 2 years.
Yeah he was pretty fast on that play. :lol:

chris98251

Reaction score
His eyes were obviously looking at something else, as soon as he knew it was a Ref he backed down, they will throw the book at him, he should not have ran on the field period but it was not malicious in nature.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Sign37now":28scvhzl said:
Posted this in another Lynch thread:

The feeling got from watching it was Marshawn was trying to diffuse the situation but didn't realize it was a ref bumping into him. If you watch, he was looking at Peters and trying to push him out of the scrum when a ref bumps into him. He grabs the ref by the shirt and starts to push him away then as he's about to push him away looks at him and realizes he a ref, then says to himself, "oh shit!" and tries to pull him back so he doesn't fall down.

I'm the first to admit, Lynch isn't the brightest bulb on the tree but I honestly think he was trying diffuse the situation.

This 100%. Its super obvious when you watch the video. He also didn't leave the stadium and go watch the game at home, he went incognito and watched it from the stands.

DMjTGvpUEAkia8L

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
He'll be suspended for a game or 2 I think. He shouldn't have ran onto the field, but it was pretty clear he didnt realize he was shoving an official, and its not like it was a violent shove anyway. Also a Chief shoved the official to.

kidhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":22uj45qc said:
His eyes were obviously looking at something else, as soon as he knew it was a Ref he backed down, they will throw the book at him, he should not have ran on the field period but it was not malicious in nature.

I didn't watch it live, but saw the replay several times, and it definitely didn't appear malicious to me, but with his history of issues with the league, I'm certain you are correct in that they'll not go lightly on him. I'd definitely be surprised if they do

Threedee

Reaction score
I got to work last night and found the game on in the break room just as he was getting ejected. I sarcastically let out a quick "Beeeeast!" and the guys on the couch got a chuckle out of it.