Lane arrested for DUI

hawknation2018

Reaction score
chris98251":3l5fu41b said:
Lane must have acted in a certain way or did something the officer thought was going to lead to him being a danger to himself or the public, also .03 for one person and .08 for another are numbers, everyone acts a bit different depending on their tolerance. Those numbers are for general purposes. I am sure there is more to this story. Besides that he could blow a .003 and still by law be driving under the influence since it registers period, again officers discretion.

Yeah, and there are also questionable arrests that happen every day. Not saying that is the case here, but let's wait before passing judgment.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seymour":n8upho1a said:
hawknation2018":n8upho1a said:
Wait until all the facts come out before passing judgment. Just saying.

You mean you will wait? Or you think it is wise to tell everyone else how to behave? :roll:

All the facts will never come out.

I'm saying it is foolish to call Lane names and make assumptions about his guilt before we know more, like whether he will even be charged by the Prosecuting Attorney's Office.

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2018":f13n5qts said:
Seymour":f13n5qts said:
hawknation2018":f13n5qts said:

You mean you will wait? Or you think it is wise to tell everyone else how to behave? :roll:

I'm saying it is foolish to call Lane names and make assumptions about his guilt before we know more, like whether he will even be charged by the Prosecuting Attorney's Office.

Foolish? No, not necessarily. The names could very well be spot on. Anyone out after 2:00 AM Sunday morning that is not work related is not out Christmas shopping. Plus he obviously made an improper maneuver or broke the law to get pulled over to begin with.
I don't care for Lane's play or attitude, so I say he's likely a guilty idiot, get a rope. This is a forum (not to be confused with a jury) that you are allowed an opinion on everything posted with the information at hand, even if there are those that want to take that right from you such as you posted here.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Seymour":h3gfyefo said:
hawknation2018":h3gfyefo said:
Seymour":h3gfyefo said:
hawknation2018":h3gfyefo said:

Foolish? No, not necessarily. The names could very well be spot on. Anyone out after 2:00 AM Sunday morning that is not work related is not out Christmas shopping. Plus he obviously made an improper maneuver or broke the law to get pulled over to begin with.
I don't care for Lane's play or attitude, so I say he's likely a guilty idiot, get a rope. This is a forum (not to be confused with a jury) that you are allowed an opinion on everything posted with the information at hand, even if there are those that want to take that right from you such as you posted here.

Let's just say we know more about YOUR behavior right now than we do Lane's on the night in question.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I don't know the law in WA but in NY there are several subsections of the DWI law. One subsection is what is known as "common law" DWI. It doesn't matter what your BAC% is. IF you appear to be intoxicated, fail the field sobriety tests etc etc etc...then you can be charged. Also, if you are obviously screwed up, yet your BAC% comes back low, and the officer has some reasonable suspicion to believe that drugs may be involved, then you can be re-arrested and charged with DWAI Drugs (Drving While Ability Impaired-Drugs). Every situation is different, and a low BAC% doesn't mean that you weren't too screwed up to drive.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Crizilla":26qic9vc said:
Cut him NOW. So sick of this crap

Oh, he'll probably be released. But that has more to do with his salary, depth at cornerback, and his inconsistent performance on the field.

Chapow

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1hftb6rs said:
Every situation is different, and a low BAC% doesn't mean that you weren't too screwed up to drive.

Yep. Just like being arrested for something doesn't mean that you are guilty.

I'm not saying he's not guilty. I don't know if he's guilty or not. I'm just saying that people are arrested all the time who are not guilty of whatever it is they were arrested for.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Chapow":2ea780de said:
WmHBonney":2ea780de said:
Every situation is different, and a low BAC% doesn't mean that you weren't too screwed up to drive.

Yep. Just like being arrested for something doesn't mean that you are guilty.

I'm not saying he's not guilty. I don't know if he's guilty or not. I'm just saying that people are arrested all the time who are not guilty of whatever it is they were arrested for.

Wouldn’t shock me if he refused a breath test, didn’t do well on a sobriety test or his car smelled like weed if his .03 BAC is accurate. Around 6 weeks ago I went out to dinner with a friend. He had 3 beers over 2 hours at dinner. He ran a yellow/red light while dropping me back off. Cop asked if he would take a field sobriety test, buddy said sure. He screwed up the alphabet funny enough. Cop took a breath test and he was .035 and was arrested. Since I hadn’t been drinking at all the officers asked if I would drive his car to the station as they were going to release him within minutes. They charged him with DWI but the courts dropped the charges altogether a few weeks later. Sometimes it’s not as bad as it seems. Probably won’t help his off-season regardless.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
A most unfortunate occurrence for Mr. Lane. He was "skating on thin ice" as it was. His career has taken a definite turn for the worst.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1fo23oc6 said:
hawknation2018":1fo23oc6 said:

Disagree, if there is actually something to this other than an overzealous police officer then there will be a police report that will eventually become public, like in every other case. All hawknation is saying is let the facts come out. The reading .03 is not normally enough to make anyone impaired in the operation of a MV. So what actually happened to justify potential charges? In fact for most people let alone a 200 + pound man in excellent physical condition there should be little to no symptomology of alcohol consumption save for a smell on the breath of alcohol. This is an unusual situation.

The assumption of guilt in any case is thankfully something constitutionally not part of the judicial system. Oh,and by the way the police are not always right and sometimes athletes are singled out for differential levels of discretionary enforcement. Just b/c the police say you did something wrong doesn't mean you did. Thankfully to convict the state has to prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt to convict anyone. Before I pass judgment on Lane's case I'd want to know more.

I think Lane is overpaid and has worsened as a CB in a relative way to others on the team. He will likely either be traded or released this offseason. I think the team was disappointed the trade with Houston didn't complete but suspect Houston actually wasn't sold on Lane either so they weaselled to get an extra draft pick. Clearly he's lost position on the depth chart after the addition of Coleman who is better than him as a nickel corner. The team can do better or the same at a far lower price. He's done here.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I'm surprised they just don't buy a tesla and have it drive them home
just seems to easy to get a ride and not take the chance

flmmkrz

Reaction score
I want this to be untrue just so it keeps whatever trade value he had intact. Hell he went from Brown once, what miracle can he be thrown in for now.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Dude is basically "can't get right" for the last two years. Once a ton of promise. Legit 4.4 40 with great quickness and acceleration. I think it was an insane 40 and a half inch vert while also being 6'0 and a willing tackler.

I have no idea what happened, but it's kind of sad both from his own personal part, but also from a Hawks' point of view. He should be starting right now. Even if the DUI doesn't hold, which if what he says is true, it still doesn't cover up the fact that he's been benched at multiple positions for good reason at said positions.

Lane,

Get your damn bearings corrected so you can get and keep a job. You need to prioritize.

The end

Vesuve

Reaction score
hawknation2018":225tw2fp said:
Seymour":225tw2fp said:
hawknation2018":225tw2fp said:

Agreed.

People love to sit in the background and call names and judge before info is released.

I am 100% against drinking and driving.

But in the past almost everyone on this forum has done it.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1d9fvwsj said:
A most unfortunate occurrence for Mr. Lane. He was "skating on thin ice" as it was. His career has taken a definite turn for the worst.

"Unfortunate Occurrence?" Stepping off a curb and twisting your ankle is an unfortunate occurrence. Driving under the influence? That's poor decision making. He deserves whatever punishment the courts dish out.

crosfam

Reaction score
If it is indeed true that his BAC was .03, the odds of this getting thrown out or reduced to reckless driving (common) are high.

I doubt he stays with us next year anyway. Most probably he gets another opportunity elsewhere.

Sign37now

Reaction score
mistaowen":5ultyth8 said:
Just so much money to call an uber and still make dumb decisions like this.

Uber?? These guys have enough money to BUY a limo, hire a driver for the night, and then give the limo to a homeless guy and it wouldn't affect their financial situation one bit.. So dumb...

Latest posts