Lemuel

olyfan63

Reaction score
Laloosh":1if0onn9 said:
Pete Was asked on Brock & Salk. Said it was a match up thing. His size and strength were a better fit against that front.

Thanks for that info! Makes sense... I knew they liked Patrick Lewis. I know LJP was spot-on with protection calls and other things, but apparently Lewis is good enough there now too.

It will be interesting to see who they go with vs. the Rams. I think we'll probably give them the smashmouth run treatment over the passing game, since that worked the first time. We ran well on them, but lost the game on special teams.

If you ask Peyton Manning, he will tell you that he had a hard time passing on the Rams this year. That man knows about passing. So I'm thinking we mostly run on the Rams. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Pete starts Patrick Lewis again, over LJP, for the bulldozer running game.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
olyfan63":29gejf0i said:
Laloosh":29gejf0i said:
Pete Was asked on Brock & Salk. Said it was a match up thing. His size and strength were a better fit against that front.

Thanks for that info! Makes sense... I knew they liked Patrick Lewis. I know LJP was spot-on with protection calls and other things, but apparently Lewis is good enough there now too.

It will be interesting to see who they go with vs. the Rams. I think we'll probably give them the smashmouth run treatment over the passing game, since that worked the first time. We ran well on them, but lost the game on special teams.

If you ask Peyton Manning, he will tell you that he had a hard time passing on the Rams this year. That man knows about passing. So I'm thinking we mostly run on the Rams. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Pete starts Patrick Lewis again, over LJP, for the bulldozer running game.

Yes, Payton knows passing, but he also has arm strength limitations, which don't apply to Russ. Here's a different reason: Did you see how well the Cards did on the ground against the Rams (140yds)? That is definitely worth exploiting, but the decision isn't quite so simple when you consider how much pressure they can bring from their front four. Guess we'll be in suspense until game day. :?