Levis stadium speakers project crowd noise

Largent80

Reaction score
All stadiums should use Field Turf. Then there are no excuses for injuries, no water concerns and ALL fields are equal.

Imagine that.

Marvin49

Reaction score
253hawk":3pd1v79c said:
The only other stadium that uses that form of Bermuda grass is RFK; the warning signs were all there. Surprised they didn't go with 419 like everyone else that uses natural. It did seem like there were a lot of large chunks coming up during the Broncos game.

Completely false.

No other football Stadium uses the grass in Levis.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":5jcgkejw said:
All stadiums should use Field Turf. Then there are no excuses for injuries, no water concerns and ALL fields are equal.

Imagine that.

Excuse my French but no.

I hate field turf. In fact I can't stand any form of artificial turf.

What cracks me up tho is the injury argument....as if Artificial Turf is like this super safe playing surface and grass is dangerous.

The problem with RFK was that there was no grass. All that was left was dirt painted green.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":27r8cx53 said:
What cracks me up tho is the injury argument....as if Artificial Turf is like this super safe playing surface and grass is dangerous.
The big/deep divots you get in an improperly maintained grass field (and even properly maintained ones to a lesser extent) make injury FAR likelier than on Field Turf. Go do some wind sprints in a freshly plowed farm field and see how it feels, that's practically what FedEx Field was like in the playoffs year before last.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":228zpmoe said:
Marvin49":228zpmoe said:
The big/deep divots you get in an improperly maintained grass field (and even properly maintained ones to a lesser extent) make injury FAR likelier than on Field Turf. Go do some wind sprints in a freshly plowed farm field and see how it feels, that's practically what FedEx Field was like in the playoffs year before last.

So you properly maintain it.

Game belongs on grass.

It gives much better when people plant to prevent injuries and doesn't have cement beneath it. Field Turf is designed to simulate that "give" with individual blades of grass and rubber pellets, but grass is still better.

FedEx was a joke. That example keeps being used, but that's not the norm. Not by a longshot. It would be like using the old Vet as an example against artificial turf.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Being an old fuddy duddy about wanting the good old days of grass doesn't mean the game belongs on it. Also, you can't truly properly maintain grass because parts of it can still get torn up quite a bit during one game. The latest generation of Field Turf is safer overall. Ignoring the evidence is on you.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":yfvhk4bn said:
Spin_1038.jpg

Not sure what your point is.

Didn't really expect you would...

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1tld3z6a said:
Being an old fuddy duddy about wanting the good old days of grass doesn't mean the game belongs on it. Also, you can't truly properly maintain grass because parts of it can still get torn up quite a bit during one game. The latest generation of Field Turf is safer overall. Ignoring the evidence is on you.

Show me the evidence then.

253hawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":2n84uo5z said:
253hawk":2n84uo5z said:
The only other stadium that uses that form of Bermuda grass is RFK; the warning signs were all there. Surprised they didn't go with 419 like everyone else that uses natural. It did seem like there were a lot of large chunks coming up during the Broncos game.

Completely false.

Well it's a Bermuda/rye hybrid (RFK is just straight Bermuda;) I didn't mean it was the EXACT SAME grass. Jesus.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Imagine the hilarity when a visiting team refuses to play on that unsafe field.

Marvin49

Reaction score
253hawk":u4ph2699 said:
Marvin49":u4ph2699 said:
253hawk":u4ph2699 said:

Completely false.

Well it's a Bermuda/rye hybrid (RFK is just straight Bermuda;) I didn't mean it was the EXACT SAME grass. Jesus.

Then don't say "the only other stadium that uses THAT FORM of Bermuda grass" and follow it with "the warning signs were all there".

They weren't. The problem with the turf right now is the sand beneath it. Not the turf itself. Instead of taking root in that sand, the turf is coming apart.

If you wanna make fun of something, make fun of the wise grounds peeps who used the wrong sand.

253hawk

Reaction score
Man, you can't even get away with a micron of tongue-in-cheek humor around here.

SRS BSNS UP IN THIS BITCH

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1gnt83nc said:
Geez, dude. I was making fun of you. The league cares about safety in various ways, as evidenced by the amazing protection they give quarterbacks. :)

Way to make me Rapistberger this one to death.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1qeblt0r said:
Tech Worlds":1qeblt0r said:
Geez, dude. I was making fun of you. The league cares about safety in various ways, as evidenced by the amazing protection they give quarterbacks. :)

Way to make me Rapistberger this one to death.
Sorry but I only speaks French, Ro. I doesn't speak imbecile.

(now I'm not only being funny but hilarious!)