Levis stadium speakers project crowd noise

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":6i9u0mcu said:
Speaking of Levi, did we ever find out what our brick says?
"Replace your crappy grass field with Field Turf!"
-The Super Bowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks
:lol:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Santa Clara shouldn't have a problem with grass. It's the perfect environment for it as long as they water it. Redskins field (RFK) is bad mostly because of the weather and progressively gets worse through the season as temperatures drop.

The Niners are likely fond of RFK because if not for that field we destroy Atlanta on our way strait through the Stick before brutalizing the Ravens in the super bowl and RW has a two Rings already. Losing Clemons, Hauschka and Lynch spraining his ankle all in that one game is the only reason we didn't go all the way in 2012.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":1xdo4x62 said:
SeahawkFrost":1xdo4x62 said:
The nice thing about field turf is you don't have to water it. Hindsight being 20/20 since water is in such high demand and all, maybe they should of just installed field turf instead of the water conservative grass.

Not gonna use Field Turf.

Becoming clear the issue was never the turf, but the sand underneath. The grass isn't taking root in that sand.

They are re-sodding temporarily, then next week after the soccer game they are going to rip it ALL up and replace the sand.

My guess tho is whomever chose the sand that's in there currently might be unemployed shortly.

Putting grass on sand sounds like they were asking for trouble. I could see maybe an inch or so, but it looks like they put it on about a foot of it. That would be like putting sod on a beach.

Brahn

Reaction score
rideaducati":2wigap3d said:
Marvin49":2wigap3d said:
SeahawkFrost":2wigap3d said:
The nice thing about field turf is you don't have to water it. Hindsight being 20/20 since water is in such high demand and all, maybe they should of just installed field turf instead of the water conservative grass.

Becoming clear the issue was never the turf, but the sand underneath. The grass isn't taking root in that sand.

They are re-sodding temporarily, then next week after the soccer game they are going to rip it ALL up and replace the sand.

My guess tho is whomever chose the sand that's in there currently might be unemployed shortly.

Putting grass on sand sounds like they were asking for trouble. I could see maybe an inch or so, but it looks like they put it on about a foot of it. That would be like putting sod on a beach.

By the way they charge for seating you would think it was a beach front view.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":2y7q96z2 said:
Marvin49":2y7q96z2 said:
SeahawkFrost":2y7q96z2 said:

Nah...just a few inches.

I think it looks like a lot because they are trucking in soil to mix with it.

All modern stadium with grass do this BTW. That's how they prevent huge puddles when it rains. Water seeps right through.