lil' birdie twittered in my ear...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Them looking for a taller guy makes sense. They already tried to get VJ once, but San Diego, IMO wasn't really serious about dealing him ans was just using us as a negotiating tactic.

The 2 seconds that Miami paid for Marshall is looking like a hell of a bargain in retrospect. As is the two thirds they got when they traded him to Chicago.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3hdgf820 said:
Them looking for a taller guy makes sense. They already tried to get VJ once, but San Diego, IMO wasn't really serious about dealing him ans was just using us as a negotiating tactic.

The 2 seconds that Miami paid for Marshall is looking like a hell of a bargain in retrospect. As is the two thirds they got when they traded him to Chicago.

Does he block well? I keep thinking "he has an attitude", but, in retrospect dude just wanted to get paid...and once he did he just balled. Cant blame a man for getting all he can.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Dude has a $12MM cap hit...I think the offense can operate well without a true #1 WR. What we need is to invest money into our pass rush...There is a reason why we aren't the same as last year, and it has everything to do with the fact that we are unable to generate a 4 man pass rush.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
pehawk":207sgl21 said:
Scottemojo":207sgl21 said:

Does he block well? I keep thinking "he has an attitude", but, in retrospect dude just wanted to get paid...and once he did he just balled. Cant blame a man for getting all he can.
IDK, I have never paid attention to his blocking. I will now go look...

Ozzy

Reaction score
I would be all for it as long we don't give up too much. If the staff feels like the lack of a big outside target is limiting playcalling and the offense then they are probably right. I did love what I saw from Richardson and I like Norwood as well but wouldn't mind a big tall receiver for RW.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2llia6zr said:
I don't want to see the growth of Prich and Norwood suffer for Vjax. WR isn't our problem.

I would disagree. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty impressed with the opportunistic fire of our current corps. They're underrated. But a true #1 is just a whole nother level.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
A bigger guy would definitely help in the redzone and on 3rd down. Two things that have been issues always, but especially since Rice went down. However, the comp seems too rich; the timing seems completely off; and a #1 receiver will look like a #3 receiver in this offense - that's just a fact.

I just don't believe a Pro Bowl WR (developed at another team) is going to be happy here. Honestly, I'm sort of on board with the New England approach of marching journeymen WRs out there and using your resources on other positions.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
StoneCold":ilyrzrb4 said:
This would make me scratch my head way more the trading PH. We have obvious needs at OL and DL. Why bring an older receiver? Yesterday showed me that with PH gone our WR's are more than up to the task.

SC

Our WR's benefited late in the game due to St. Louis playing very soft prevent defense, probably too soft. They were gaining yards underneath because the Rams were bailing in order to kill the deep ball. Prior to the fourth quarter, Seattle was getting nowhere.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
This is all interesting but if we trade for Jackson, who are we going to jettison?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3gz80d24 said:
Id rather go after a cheaper solution.... Mike Williams from Buffalo

I agree with this.... we can have him for a bag of dorritos.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
I wish the birdie would say something about DL help. no pass rush is killing our D.

davidonmi

Reaction score
does vincent jackson rush the passer? lets use our resources there

jblaze

Reaction score
No thanks. 31 years old, 12m cap hit which is a ton for little production. Stunted growth for our drafted WR's.

I'm with everyone else, go get a DT or DE. Now that Marsh is gone, we need depth and pass rush.

Make no mistake, Seattle is in crisis mode right now so this wouldn't surprise me but not Jackson.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
jblaze":1q8d82eu said:
No thanks. 31 years old, 12m cap hit which is a ton for little production. Stunted growth for our drafted WR's.

I'm with everyone else, go get a DT or DE. Now that Marsh is gone, we need depth and pass rush.

Make no mistake, Seattle is in crisis mode right now so this wouldn't surprise me but not Jackson.
+1

kidhawk

Reaction score
Mike 4G":3mar0ip0 said:
jblaze":3mar0ip0 said:

+1

He's not a $12 million cap hit for his new team. The new team, if the trade were to go down now, would only be on the hook for about $6 million this year and there are no guarantees for future monies. The contract as it stands would cost $9.777 million each year over the next 2 years, but none of that is guaranteed, so the team could restructure and get a better cap value or cut him at any point with nothing lost but the compensation paid to bring him in.

Mike 4G

Reaction score
kidhawk":33v1nscg said:
Mike 4G":33v1nscg said:
jblaze":33v1nscg said:

+1

He's not a $12 million cap hit for his new team. The new team, if the trade were to go down now, would only be on the hook for about $6 million this year and there are no guarantees for future monies. The contract as it stands would cost $9.777 million each year over the next 2 years, but none of that is guaranteed, so the team could restructure and get a better cap value or cut him at any point with nothing lost but the compensation paid to bring him in.

I like Vjack, but if we could stop teams in critical downs we can already score enough to win. Our issue outside of oline is not stopping the other team from scoring. I would hope we are looking at fixing that. It almost feels like they really thought they had Allen in the bag. And by the time he signed with Chicago the music stopped and there were no chairs left for us. I think we need to go after a good DL man right now or we will have to win shoot outs the rest of the year. I think by trading for Vjack that is what the team is saying it is gonna do.

jblaze

Reaction score
kidhawk":2vzvoo3x said:
Mike 4G":2vzvoo3x said:
jblaze":2vzvoo3x said:

+1

I don't mean 12m cap hit for his new team, I mean it in context of how overpaid he is for how hold he is and how little he's produced. He's very overpaid at this point and even if it's only 6m for the rest of this year for us, it's still too much.

Carry the money over to next year, go get another FA DE in the offseason. Draft OL, CB and DL. Extend Wagner and KJ Wright. Keep Lynch and Miller in the last year of their deals.

kidhawk

Reaction score
jblaze":12bqqpaa said:
kidhawk":12bqqpaa said:
Mike 4G":12bqqpaa said:
jblaze":12bqqpaa said:

+1

I don't mean 12m cap hit for his new team, I mean it in context of how overpaid he is for how hold he is and how little he's produced. He's very overpaid at this point and even if it's only 6m for the rest of this year for us, it's still too much.

Carry the money over to next year, go get another FA DE in the offseason. Draft OL, CB and DL. Extend Wagner and KJ Wright. Keep Lynch and Miller in the last year of their deals.

Whether it's Jackson or not, this team does need a tall WR. That's been a known since Rice retired. I believe not having that tall WR limits our offense. A guy like Rice was able to go get balls whether or not he was open. Guys like we have, are often going to have a tougher time of it with jump balls, so you won't see them thrown much, if at all.

Yes, we do need line help on both sides of the ball, but we can't totally ignore the WR position and the lack of a tall WR.