lil' birdie twittered in my ear...

hoxrox

Reaction score
If we're going to be renting aging players, I'd rather get someone like Logan Mankins.

Tall receivers won't matter if RW has no time in the pocket.

Plus, I'm pretty much done with big name receivers.

pehawk

Reaction score
Mankins is getting owned, pretty much every down. Pats knew what they we're doing.

StoneCold

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2ooo9b0k said:
HansGruber":2ooo9b0k said:
MontanaHawk05":2ooo9b0k said:
Prior to the fourth quarter, Seattle was getting nowhere.

Totally untrue. Wilson started the comeback in the second quarter. And I saw numerous plays where our receivers were getting separation in man coverage from the second quarter onward. Specifically, Richardson had some great routes where he shook off the man coverage and came up with good catches.

Seattle was getting nowhere as an offense. We didn't score a touchdown until the second half, couldn't punch it in. You had a few scattered catches (Richardson had a decent game, and Baldwin was a monster) punctuated by uninspiring route combinations, a couple tough drops, and Wilson throwing too high. It wasn't a rhythm game at all, and it would have been completely nonexistent if not for Wilson's legs. I'm looking for a passing game that doesn't depend on those legs.

If you really want a passing game that's not dependent on legs you need to sign the Dallas OL.

SC

Rat

Reaction score
VJax is almost a perfect short-term option, although as one of his fantasy owners last year, he's more boom-or-bust than I like. I'm not worried about his age; this team is so talented now that it doesn't make sense for every move to be for 5 years down the road.

It depends on the price for me. This strikes me as the kind of deal where we'd only get a 6th rounder if we were the ones trying to trade the player, but would give up a 2nd to get him. I'd be content with a 3rd or lower. I could even live with doing something like a 3rd and a conditional lower round pick.

Anthony!

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":d56359yg said:
HansGruber":d56359yg said:
MontanaHawk05":d56359yg said:
Prior to the fourth quarter, Seattle was getting nowhere.

Totally untrue. Wilson started the comeback in the second quarter. And I saw numerous plays where our receivers were getting separation in man coverage from the second quarter onward. Specifically, Richardson had some great routes where he shook off the man coverage and came up with good catches.

Seattle was getting nowhere as an offense. We didn't score a touchdown until the second half, couldn't punch it in. You had a few scattered catches (Richardson had a decent game, and Baldwin was a monster) punctuated by uninspiring route combinations, a couple tough drops, and Wilson throwing too high. It wasn't a rhythm game at all, and it would have been completely nonexistent if not for Wilson's legs. I'm looking for a passing game that doesn't depend on those legs.

You do realize Wilson completed a lot of passes form the pocket. The issue in the first half were scripted plays and oline. The problem is the scripted plays are predicable and the oline pass block with out the extra second the threat of Wilson running gives them. So once he ran some the oline got that extra second that allowed Wilson to throw from the pocket, which he did a lot of.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1x15wnkw said:
with a 6'5" guy, we might convert the 2 point try.

If Kearse didn't lunge at the ball, it drops right into Turbin's hands.

ManBunts

Reaction score
hoxrox":3pp096db said:
If we're going to be renting aging players, I'd rather get someone like Logan Mankins.

Tall receivers won't matter if RW has no time in the pocket.

Plus, I'm pretty much done with big name receivers.

If we're gonna get aging guys, let's just go all in. Go for Megatron. See if we can get a deal with that bum ankle of his. I think he'd look great in a Hawks jersey.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Largent80":218ltz40 said:
I wanted him like 3 or 4 years ago from the Chargers.

Umm, when I was at the gym doing cardio and watching NFL network they put up our defensive stats, and it was
Uh-Gluh-EEEE.

31st in the league in red zone td's allowed. We need to fix the defense folks.

Exactly why I pitched giving the Jaguars the pick we got for Percy to get Chris Clemons back. Or even a 5th.

Clemons would do more for this team than Vincent Jackson.

Anthony!

Reaction score
kidhawk":90i47drg said:
I was mainly aiming this at the post you were replying to Too often, people see a stat like this and don't really look into it as deeply as they should. I mean if we only looked at stats, Wilson would be a very mediocre qb.

Back On Topic....I don't know if Jackson is the answer. I wouldn't mind having a tall, experienced receiver in this offense. I always liked what Rice brought to the table when he was healthy, but I don't want to over pay either. We need our early draft picks to concentrate on other positions, especially Oline.

Yeah good on much but the only stats that makes Wilson look mediocre is yards and attempts, He looks really good in all the others

#5 in QB rating
#11 in complt%
#13 in tds
#2 in ints
#5 td/int raio
#14 in YPA
#1 qb ruishing

And he has played 1 less game then almost all the QBs a head of him. Also as an FYI few QBs are ahead of him in all those categories. example starting with QB rating those QBs ahead of him are Manning, Rodgers, Rivers, Romo. Of those Rodgers is the only one with less ints, of those 4 none have more rushing yards than Wilson, and only those 4 are ahead of him in other areas not counting yards and attempts. In fact Wilson is on pace to beat all of this positive stats form last year and lessen his ints significantly.

Last year RW was 63 complt%, 3357 yards, qb rating 101.2, 26tds, 9 ints, 8.25 ypa, 539 rushing yards 1 td
This year on pace for 66% complt%, 3443 yards, qb rating 101.9, 27 tds, 5 ints, 7.97 ypa, 872 rushing yards, 8 tds

And those stats would be better if not for the one bad game against Dallas. Barring another Dallas type game and if he just produces at his median level to date this year

2580 yards which would put him at 3871, complt% 68%, qb rating 104, 30 tds, 7 ints, 8.1 ypa, 727 rushing yards, 7 tds

that would put him top 10 in every category but yards and attempts.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3e31xeo9 said:
Scottemojo":3e31xeo9 said:
with a 6'5" guy, we might convert the 2 point try.

If Kearse didn't lunge at the ball, it drops right into Turbin's hands.

Agreed that is who the pass was for, per PC.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":pjzgok4j said:
kidhawk":pjzgok4j said:
I was mainly aiming this at the post you were replying to Too often, people see a stat like this and don't really look into it as deeply as they should. I mean if we only looked at stats, Wilson would be a very mediocre qb.

Back On Topic....I don't know if Jackson is the answer. I wouldn't mind having a tall, experienced receiver in this offense. I always liked what Rice brought to the table when he was healthy, but I don't want to over pay either. We need our early draft picks to concentrate on other positions, especially Oline.

Yeah good on much but the only stats that makes Wilson look mediocre is yards and attempts, He looks really good in all the others

#5 in QB rating
#11 in complt%
#13 in tds
#2 in ints
#5 td/int raio
#14 in YPA
#1 qb ruishing

And he has played 1 less game then almost all the QBs a head of him. Also as an FYI few QBs are ahead of him in all those categories. example starting with QB rating those QBs ahead of him are Manning, Rodgers, Rivers, Romo. Of those Rodgers is the only one with less ints, of those 4 none have more rushing yards than Wilson, and only those 4 are ahead of him in other areas not counting yards and attempts. In fact Wilson is on pace to beat all of this positive stats form last year and lessen his ints significantly.

Last year RW was 63 complt%, 3357 yards, qb rating 101.2, 26tds, 9 ints, 8.25 ypa, 539 rushing yards 1 td
This year on pace for 66% complt%, 3443 yards, qb rating 101.9, 27 tds, 5 ints, 7.97 ypa, 872 rushing yards, 8 tds

And those stats would be better if not for the one bad game against Dallas. Barring another Dallas type game and if he just produces at his median level to date this year

2580 yards which would put him at 3871, complt% 68%, qb rating 104, 30 tds, 7 ints, 8.1 ypa, 727 rushing yards, 7 tds

That was an awfully long post defending someone that wasn't even being attacked. There are plenty of mediocre looking stats we could trot out in regards to Russell Wilson, but as I said, stats don't tell a story out of context and that isn't what this thread is about.

The point here is that we are in need of a tall wide receiver and it seems as if the Seahawks are looking into acquiring one. Whether Jackson is that guy and whether we do it now or later are points of discussion, but it's apparent that the front office is looking in that direction.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":3d486m28 said:
kidhawk":3d486m28 said:

#5 in QB rating
#11 in complt%
#13 in tds
#2 in ints
#5 td/int raio
#14 in YPA
#1 qb ruishing

Our Lord and Savior is under attack! Anthony! to! the! rescue!

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Speaking only to the Vincent Jackson issue. I could think of no better way to splinter your already fragmented locker room than to bring in yet another "halo" player and demote the people you have on board (literally) at the moment. Would it be productive? Perhaps, but the downside far outweighs the upside in my opinion only!

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
I'm glad the front office is looking around for help at any position but don't want Jackson. I was excited to see Richardson and Norwood get some more playing time yesterday and would rather ride with them and the others than drop a lot of money on another trade partner.

cesame

Reaction score
Pass rush is the biggest issue right now

That said, despite beating up on a very bad St.Louis defense, the Seahawks still need help at WR

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Guess what fellas, we aren't trading for pass rush or O-line.

Don't you wish we had 35 year old Steve Smith Sr?

Give me VJax with his 0 guaranteed money.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Hey!! Welcome back!

Every time people talk about news and "sources", I always ask where did you go. Glad to have you back.

Jville

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":xro6xina said:
Speaking only to the Vincent Jackson issue. I could think of no better way to splinter your already fragmented locker room than to bring in yet another "halo" player and demote the people you have on board (literally) at the moment. Would it be productive? Perhaps, but the downside far outweighs the upside in my opinion only!

I think your right. That would be a hard sell. I don't believe the front office or staff could pull it off with out damage.

I would be at a loss to explain why they would upgrade Robinson's opportunities for snaps with the departure of Harvin .... only to degrade Norwood's opportunities with yet another reach.

Latest posts