lil' birdie twittered in my ear...

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Not interested.

VJack has 25 recs on 60 targets. That's slightly lower than his career average. Compare to Baldwin, who has 23 recs on 35 targets. Would we want Baldwin to drop 23 of his next 25 targets if he grew a few inches?

HansGruber

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3teb5611 said:
Prior to the fourth quarter, Seattle was getting nowhere.

Totally untrue. Wilson started the comeback in the second quarter. And I saw numerous plays where our receivers were getting separation in man coverage from the second quarter onward. Specifically, Richardson had some great routes where he shook off the man coverage and came up with good catches.

Jville

Reaction score
I wish the birdie would bring us some news on the running game ...... ie a lineman, tightend or fullback. Bird songs are welcomed. But, this constant theme of pursuing another trade for a "brand name" receiver sounds like a broken record.

Will the front office learn from their mistakes? I'd like to see them validate their words and address what they say the team is about. That Burley trade addressed a timely need. If their going to trade, I'd like to see more of the same.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3pmtc4cb said:
As interesting as this is.. I'm so wary of the Seahawks trading for a WR now after the Branch and Harvin fleecings.

Go get DL help .. Or even an OT if one were available. Actually think our WR's are solid.
My feelings as well. This is supposed to be why we drafted Norwood.

jblaze

Reaction score
If we need a tall WR so much, why can't we just use Willson or Helfet more in this role. Flex them out and throw the fade or back shoulder. There was talk about that early in the preseason, give it a shot.

iigakusei

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":20pny2rz said:
Not interested.

VJack has 25 recs on 60 targets. That's slightly lower than his career average. Compare to Baldwin, who has 23 recs on 35 targets. Would we want Baldwin to drop 23 of his next 25 targets if he grew a few inches?

So VJax has 35 drops this year? That is terrible you are right :roll:

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":vy9ojzy3 said:
The last thing I want to see is the Hawks overpaying for another team's WR. If they can get him for a 3rd, fine I guess. But no freaking more.

That said, are there no interior pass rushers out there we could get? I'm not talking about Suh. But anyone who could be had on a reasonable trade that could help the woeful D line? I see that as a much bigger need than WR.

I agree. Seems like pass-rushers are what we are severely lacking. Our offense just put up like 500 yards.

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
Hmmmm....seems like a lot of resources (Draft pick and money) spent on an aging WR who may or may not even help out all that much.

He's going to be a progress stopper for your younger WR's as well and that doesn't do the Seahawks any favors going forward.

I'll say this, from personal experience, that these in season trades for players don't generally work out too well for the team making the trade for the player.

To me if you're a 5-1 or 6-2 team who believes you're honestly one player away from seriously contending for the Championship then you might try for one of these deals. Otherwise the only reason you'd do them is if you're the team trying to get rid of someone.

kidhawk

Reaction score
iigakusei":fyzs1sxt said:
SalishHawkFan":fyzs1sxt said:
Not interested.

Targets is NOT = to Catchable passes.

Jville

Reaction score
Doesn't T.J. Houshmandzadeh owe us a year?

Seems to me we paid him an unreal amount of money to go play for someone else. At some point in time, one has to question the sanity of repeating the same mistake and expecting different results.

iigakusei

Reaction score
kidhawk":1adhevuo said:
iigakusei":1adhevuo said:
SalishHawkFan":1adhevuo said:
Not interested.

I know that....it was a ridiculous comparison. Jeremy Maclin has almost identical catch to target stats - so I guess he sucks too.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
HansGruber":2wcy4s0u said:
MontanaHawk05":2wcy4s0u said:

Totally untrue. Wilson started the comeback in the second quarter. And I saw numerous plays where our receivers were getting separation in man coverage from the second quarter onward. Specifically, Richardson had some great routes where he shook off the man coverage and came up with good catches.

Seattle was getting nowhere as an offense. We didn't score a touchdown until the second half, couldn't punch it in. You had a few scattered catches (Richardson had a decent game, and Baldwin was a monster) punctuated by uninspiring route combinations, a couple tough drops, and Wilson throwing too high. It wasn't a rhythm game at all, and it would have been completely nonexistent if not for Wilson's legs. I'm looking for a passing game that doesn't depend on those legs.

StoneCold

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":10cp68hp said:
StoneCold":10cp68hp said:
This would make me scratch my head way more the trading PH. We have obvious needs at OL and DL. Why bring an older receiver? Yesterday showed me that with PH gone our WR's are more than up to the task.

SC

Our WR's benefited late in the game due to St. Louis playing very soft prevent defense, probably too soft. They were gaining yards underneath because the Rams were bailing in order to kill the deep ball. Prior to the fourth quarter, Seattle was getting nowhere.

It was spread around, ie not all to WR's, but Russell had 150 passing yards in the first half, 163 in the second. Pretty even split and I'd be damn happy with those numbers in any game.

SC

kidhawk

Reaction score
iigakusei":2rxkmxch said:
kidhawk":2rxkmxch said:
iigakusei":2rxkmxch said:
SalishHawkFan":2rxkmxch said:
Not interested.

I know that....it was a ridiculous comparison. Jeremy Maclin has almost identical catch to target stats - so I guess he sucks too.

I was mainly aiming this at the post you were replying to Too often, people see a stat like this and don't really look into it as deeply as they should. I mean if we only looked at stats, Wilson would be a very mediocre qb.

Back On Topic....I don't know if Jackson is the answer. I wouldn't mind having a tall, experienced receiver in this offense. I always liked what Rice brought to the table when he was healthy, but I don't want to over pay either. We need our early draft picks to concentrate on other positions, especially Oline.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Getting a large receiver is an absolute need for this team. We've been trying for a while now. And for those talking about age, while he is older, he most probably has a few years of productivity left.

For those worried about bringing in a veteran free agent receiver (which I have been told never works in Seattle), consider this:

Bobby Engram was acquired by the Seahawks at age 28, and was productive for us through the age of 35. That was the 2008 season, by the way, one marred by one of the most horrible supporting casts we've seen.

Vincent Jackson is 31, which means he would be a one- to four-year stopgap, while we searched the draft and younger free agents for his replacement. Until then, he will give Wilson a large target that is badly needed right now, and for those next few years. If Jackson can be had on the cheap, and for no more than a mid- to low-round draft pick, it's probably worth it to make the trade.

pehawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1bas3w9s said:
HansGruber":1bas3w9s said:
MontanaHawk05":1bas3w9s said:

Seattle was getting nowhere as an offense. We didn't score a touchdown until the second half, couldn't punch it in. You had a few scattered catches (Richardson had a decent game, and Baldwin was a monster) punctuated by uninspiring route combinations, a couple tough drops, and Wilson throwing too high. It wasn't a rhythm game at all, and it would have been completely nonexistent if not for Wilson's legs. I'm looking for a passing game that doesn't depend on those legs.

The passing game will always depend on the threat of his legs. You preach and draft grappling ZBS maulers, you get subpar pass protection. You want your identity to be running the ball, you devalue WR as a position group. So, the offense will always need the threat of Wilson's legs and/or play-action to even the odds.

It's just how it is and will be.

Fart.

Largent80

Reaction score
I wanted him like 3 or 4 years ago from the Chargers.

Umm, when I was at the gym doing cardio and watching NFL network they put up our defensive stats, and it was
Uh-Gluh-EEEE.

31st in the league in red zone td's allowed. We need to fix the defense folks.

ManBunts

Reaction score
I'm not interested. He's not a monster, but Norwood has good hands and size. And what are we replacing in Rice? 8 games a year? I want a damn offensive line. Look how good we are with this patchwork of backups and hopefuls, imagine if we drafted and or traded for guys with experience and talent at that position. We don't need targets. We have Baldwin, Kearse, Richardson, Norwood, Lockette, Wilson, Helfet, Miller, we have LOTS of good guys to throw to. We have NO time to throw the ball. Our QB should NOT be our lead rusher in a game!