Locker room attendant being questioned

rideaducati

Reaction score
LTH":2bofuzu1 said:
I think its sad we cant just enjoy a great match up... Always have to have this drama to ruin the biggest game of the year.... somebody always has to cheat or do something to f##k it all up... why do I have the feeling the officiating is going to influence the out come of this game...?

LTH

Because three of the referees from XL are going to be officiating?

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
I know it was said , but my thoughts are, why in the hell does a ball boy take 24 footballs out of the officiating room that is guarded by security, and yes previous reports said they were in the officiating office guarded by securtity, like a posted human watch probably carrying a gun even, so he goes into the office and carries all 24 balls, which is acually quite a large bag i am sure of it, this big bulky awkward bag into a single stalled bathroom where he can lock the door and be completely alone with them. Why didnt the guy just takke a piss before getting the balls?

I bet that bathroom exists for one reason, and it has more to do with bull shit than proper.

if-my-calculations-are-correct-thats-bullshit.jpg

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
9gKZhtk

Look how big and awkward this ball bag looks, you think it is suspicious a single guy would walk into a private stall, practically dragging two of these bags with him, all because HE was worried that someone else may tamper with them while he took a one minute piss? Not to mention he pulled them out of a secured room before doing so. You have to have serious brain damage to believe any of that i think.

Maybe they had a different bag of balls staged for a swap out, either way taking them into a bathroom doesnt make any sense to me.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Step 1 - Lock door
Step 2 - Put bags on floor
Step 3 - Unzip the Patriot's football bag
Step 4 - Take out one Patriot football
Step 5 - Take deflating needle out of shirt pocket
Step 6 - Insert needle into football, deflate to 11 psi
Step 7 - Put football on floor of bathroom
Step 8 - Repeat Steps 6-7 (11 times)
Step 9 - Take one football off floor and put back into bag
Step 10 - Repeat Step 9 (11 times)
Step 11 - Zip up Patriot football bag
Step 12 - Unlock door
Step 13 - Pick up bags

or

Step 1 - Lock door
Step 3 - Unzip pants
Step 4 - Take out ye ol'dragon
Step 5 - Pee for X seconds
Step 6 - Shake ye ol'dragon three times
Step 7 - Zip up pants
Step 8 - Wash hands
Step 9 - Dry hands
Step 10 - Unlock door
Step 11 - Pick up bags

or

Step 1 - Lock door
Step 2 - Take out blunt from shirt pocket
Step 3 - Take out lighter from pants pocket
Step 4 - Light blunt
Step 5 - Smoke blunt for X seconds
Step 6 - Throw butt in toilet
Step 7 - Flush toilet
Step 8 - Unlock door
Step 9 - Pick up bags

I will refrain from doing the Drop the Log version if that's okay.

[don't want to be accused of plagiarism, this was from a Pats.com poster]

djb28

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":vda5f4v3 said:
HawkFan72":vda5f4v3 said:
AKA "The Fall Guy"

:D

I just had visions of Heather Thomas.
Mmm. I had that pink bikini poster, with the goofy look on her face. Not that I stared at her face much.

LTH

Reaction score
rideaducati":3jzluh3a said:
LTH":3jzluh3a said:
I think its sad we cant just enjoy a great match up... Always have to have this drama to ruin the biggest game of the year.... somebody always has to cheat or do something to f##k it all up... why do I have the feeling the officiating is going to influence the out come of this game...?

LTH

Because three of the referees from XL are going to be officiating?

Oh my... I did not know that thats a shame!

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":azbdes9x said:
50yrpatsfan":azbdes9x said:
Step 1 - Lock door
Step 12 - Unlock door
Step 13 - Pick up bags

or

Step 1 - Lock door
Step 3 - Unzip pants
Step 7 - Zip up pants
Step 8 - Wash hands
Step 9 - Dry hands
Step 10 - Unlock door
Step 11 - Pick up bags

or

Step 1 - Lock door
Step 4 - Light blunt
Step 7 - Flush toilet
Step 8 - Unlock door
Step 9 - Pick up bags

If he was just going to the bathroom, why'd he take the balls in there with him? Makes zero sense. He took them in there because he was doing something with them, otherwise there's no reasonable explanation.

I dunno, maybe because he was responsible for them and it was the AFC Championship game. Just a wild theory.

hawk45

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2j70pqte said:
Step 1 - Lock door
Step 12 - Unlock door
Step 13 - Pick up bags

Pats fan obfuscation fail.

Lock door, drop bags, unzip Pats bag: 5s
Pull Pats balls out one-by-one and deflate 12: 60s @ 5s a ball
Put balls bag in bag: 15s
Zip bag/unlock door: 5s

The only dicey part of that is 5s to pull a ball and deflate. As a PFT commentator pointed out, tire deflator tools used by 4WD folks will automatically deflate tires in increments. Your enterprising ball boy can purchase them on Amazon and ebay if he's too lazy to go where 4WD related parts are sold.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Just set a relief valve to 11psi, no fumbling just stick it in to the football, auto relief 2-3 seconds per ball tops. The guy was probably in a hurry and missed one of them. The fact one stayed in spec is the biggest problem for the pats IMO.

But even if you don't believe there was enough time, why rule out a bag swap? At face value, it seems pretty naive to believe he INNOCENTLY took them into a private bathroom coincidering the circumstance.

Bellichick has already lied for sure in this whole mess, he said with 100% certainty the balls were turned over to the officials and there is no way anyone on the pats even had an opportunity to tamper with them.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":28wkcgzb said:
Ask yourself what possible reason the ball boy could have for taking the balls into the bathroom with him?
"Coach Belichick told me to never let Tom's balls out of my sight. Even if I have to go to the bathroom. Behind a locked door. Where there is no security camera." -- Dougie Spoons

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
djb28":1832tk3m said:
Mmm. I had that pink bikini poster, with the goofy look on her face. Not that I stared at her face much.

"Love and Laughs, Heather Thomas XOXO"

Yep, remember it well.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, it would be trivial to rig a valve to a needle and the result would be a small handheld gadget that would deflate to an exact PSI every time in less than 5 seconds.

It makes zero sense that this guy would take the balls from a secure area, and stop in an insecure area on the way to the field. Zero sense.

Oh, and I think the 12th ball was for punting or field goal kicking. Fairly sure they don't substitute a kicking ball in those situations... I believe the kicking balls are only used for kickoffs.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
BocciHawk":27fjmlc1 said:
I think the 12th ball was for punting or field goal kicking. Fairly sure they don't substitute a kicking ball in those situations... I believe the kicking balls are only used for kickoffs.
Balls used for kicking have a big "K" written on them with a Sharpie and are used only for kicking. If I recall what I read correctly, the kicking ball is the only one that the refs keep and the only ball that is used by both teams.

LTH

Reaction score
I ALWAYS take 24 footballs into a small bathroom when I take a leak.... :lol:

Chawks1

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":hhw8bcp1 said:
Just set a relief valve to 11psi, no fumbling just stick it in to the football, auto relief 2-3 seconds per ball tops. The guy was probably in a hurry and missed one of them. The fact one stayed in spec is the biggest problem for the pats IMO.

But even if you don't believe there was enough time, why rule out a bag swap? At face value, it seems pretty naive to believe he INNOCENTLY took them into a private bathroom coincidering the circumstance.

Bellichick has already lied for sure in this whole mess, he said with 100% certainty the balls were turned over to the officials and there is no way anyone on the pats even had an opportunity to tamper with them.

Bag swap not likely. Refs mark the inspected balls once they have been approved for play. You would have to have prior knowledge how the ref would mark the ball before staging an identical set to swap out.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":5ra786rb said:
50yrpatsfan":5ra786rb said:
peachesenregalia":5ra786rb said:
50yrpatsfan":5ra786rb said:
Step 1 - Lock door
Step 12 - Unlock door
Step 13 - Pick up bags

or

Step 1 - Lock door
Step 3 - Unzip pants
Step 7 - Zip up pants
Step 8 - Wash hands
Step 9 - Dry hands
Step 10 - Unlock door
Step 11 - Pick up bags

or

Step 1 - Lock door
Step 4 - Light blunt
Step 7 - Flush toilet
Step 8 - Unlock door
Step 9 - Pick up bags

If he was just going to the bathroom, why'd he take the balls in there with him? Makes zero sense. He took them in there because he was doing something with them, otherwise there's no reasonable explanation.

I dunno, maybe because he was responsible for them and it was the AFC Championship game. Just a wild theory.

But he didn't have to touch them. If he needed a piss, he could have just gone and taken a piss before picking up the bag of balls. There's no reasonable member of society who's taking a big bag of footballs into the toilet with them, unless they mean to do something with those balls that they don't want anyone else seeing.

I think the "report" says that on his way out to the field from picking up the balls, he passes the men's room and decides that since he's going to have to stay out there for the next 2-3 hours till halftime, he better take a whiz now. Doesn't it?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't care about the minutia of the timeline of this attendant, I care about the fact that Belichick himself said Saturday that the Patriot's completed their own internal investigation and they didn't uncover ANY issues with how the balls were inflated and then handed off to the officials.

Why didn't Belichick tell us that video showed this guy breaking protocol? It's his cameras, it's his attendant, didn't they talk to the very guy who carried the balls from the officials office to the field?

Total and utter BS, and just confirms what we all presumed, that Belichick and the Pats are lying through their teeth about the entire thing and just hoping that the NFL doesn't come up with anything of substance so they can skate yet one more time.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
Wait...was this locker room attendant a Patriots employee, an NFL employee or a stadium employee? Why did he have possession of both sets of balls?

Chawks1

Reaction score

This is all you need....available from Amazon.

Streamlined and small
Air Release Valve
Flexible Hose reduces strain on ball valve
Easy one-hand operation
Compact style fits into your pocket