Locker room attendant being questioned

Chawks1

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":3r7xlgni said:
http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/22/deflategate-video-how-nfl-officials-check-game-ball-pressure/

Watch the video here, look at how big just one of those bag of balls is, it's so bulky and awkward. Why in the hell would a single person carry two of those bags into the bathroom to take a piss, he could probably barely fit them through the door at the same time without putting one down first. Makes no sense at all.

Did anyone else see how quickly they adjusted the air pressure in each one? Takes only seconds. And did anyone else see the irony that apparently the bathroom is where they do this in!!!??? :3-1:

furi0usbee

Reaction score
Bprez3":7u4shgde said:
pats(t)roll":7u4shgde said:
First, per a league source, the other “area on way to field” is a bathroom. The bathroom consists of one toilet and one sink and a door that locks from the inside.

Second, according to the same source, the person carried two bags of balls into the bathroom: the 12 balls to be used by the Patriots and the 12 balls to be used by the Colts.

Third, from the same source, the evidence comes from a surveillance video that was discovered by the Patriots and given to the NFL early in the investigation.

Fourth, again from the same source, the video shows the employee in the bathroom for approximately 90 seconds.

At least no one jumps to conclusions regarding anything anti-patriots though.

90 seconds would not be a lot of time. However, there is no way that this is the first time they have done this just the first time they caught. If this practice has been going on maybe 90 secs is enough. Practice makes perfect. Another possibility would be the old switch-a-roo is in play. What would be telling is if there is a pattern of the ball sacks "disappearing" before they are delivered to the field of play

Either way the balls will be legal for this game. As a Seahawks fan that is all that matters.

As if playing and squeezing balls hasn't been played out all last week, now we have entered the realm of ball sacks. I'm glad the SB is over this week, as I don't even want to guess where this is going next week.

On a serious note, interesting development. I will be following this. Obviously any proof/evidence of that guy mishandling his balls or his ball sack, would be blatant cheating. I can't imagine he'd do that on his own, so that's an issue for me. But we shall see. But until an actual NFL report comes down, I really don't want to deal with that now. I'm so excited this game is almost upon us.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":6sp2iwcs said:
Just set a relief valve to 11psi, no fumbling just stick it in to the football, auto relief 2-3 seconds per ball tops. The guy was probably in a hurry and missed one of them. The fact one stayed in spec is the biggest problem for the pats IMO.

But even if you don't believe there was enough time, why rule out a bag swap? At face value, it seems pretty naive to believe he INNOCENTLY took them into a private bathroom coincidering the circumstance.

Bellichick has already lied for sure in this whole mess, he said with 100% certainty the balls were turned over to the officials and there is no way anyone on the pats even had an opportunity to tamper with them.

He missed one on purpose, the kicking ball...

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Jacknut16":1a2213kd said:
12thManHawkFan":1a2213kd said:
Just set a relief valve to 11psi, no fumbling just stick it in to the football, auto relief 2-3 seconds per ball tops. The guy was probably in a hurry and missed one of them. The fact one stayed in spec is the biggest problem for the pats IMO.

But even if you don't believe there was enough time, why rule out a bag swap? At face value, it seems pretty naive to believe he INNOCENTLY took them into a private bathroom coincidering the circumstance.

Bellichick has already lied for sure in this whole mess, he said with 100% certainty the balls were turned over to the officials and there is no way anyone on the pats even had an opportunity to tamper with them.

He missed one on purpose, the kicking ball...

I don't believe it was a "k" ball I think it was the smoking gun the the patriots climate theory.

"Digest of Rules Main
Ball
The home club shall have 36 balls for outdoor games and 24 for indoor games available for testing with a pressure gauge by the referee two hours prior to the starting time of the game to meet with League requirements. Twelve (12) new footballs, sealed in a special box and shipped by the manufacturer, will be opened in the officials’ locker room two hours prior to the starting time of the game. These balls are to be specially marked with the letter "k" and used exclusively for the kicking game."

The K balls are handled entirely by the officials and are separate from the game balls completely. They aren't mixed in with the game balls in other words.

Retired NFL officials q&a:

Q: What is the protocol for the kicking balls on game day?

JD: “Those are opened up in the locker room by the officials. They are scrubbed down and checked for pressure, then kept under the watchful eye of the kicking-ball coordinator. That’s an individual who is hired by the league specifically to handle the kicking balls, and that’s all he does. It’s looking like this is the wave of the future. The NFL may have to hire ballboy coordinators to handle all the footballs.”

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":3e4yvatp said:
Wait...was this locker room attendant a Patriots employee, an NFL employee or a stadium employee? Why did he have possession of both sets of balls?

It's a good question. I had heard at one point that the ball boys at Gillette are paid by the NFL, but haven't heard that discussed lately. Each team does have its own equipment staff, and not clear which group was managing the balls.

I think that even if were a Pats employee, it shows how small an issue the balls are that they would have the other team's ball boys moving them around. Nobody, including the refs, players and ball boys, pay much attention to the balls, and especially their psi. The refs apparently just give them a squeeze in most cases, then fill or deflate them a little if they don't feel right. That's about it, it sounds like the league doesn't even know much about this whole ritual or what their refs are doing.

BirdEye

Reaction score
I hope the Seahawks beat the snot out of the Cheaters but I really want to see the crowd in Arizona Boo the Pats off the field every time they have the ball and I think the Pats are very worried this will happen.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
BirdEye":1bjp3xzf said:
... but I really want to see the crowd in Arizona Boo the Pats off the field every time they have the ball and I think the Pats are very worried this will happen.
I doubt that you'll be happy then.

Based on the fan reaction at the Pro Bowl, Seattle is more likely to hear the boo-s than is NE.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":2y6xqhow said:
JD: “Those are opened up in the locker room by the officials. They are scrubbed down and checked for pressure, then kept under the watchful eye of the kicking-ball coordinator. That’s an individual who is hired by the league specifically to handle the kicking balls, and that’s all he does. It’s looking like this is the wave of the future. The NFL may have to hire ballboy coordinators to handle all the footballs.”
I'm sending in a resume. Probably pays what I make now and I'd only have to work one day a week. :0190l:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":17fkanjf said:
Based on the fan reaction at the Pro Bowl, Seattle is more likely to hear the boo-s than is NE.

Totally different crowds.

They can't give away Pro Bowl tickets, so the fans that attended that game are just your average local or fan from somewhere else who wanted to see their favorite player that got free or cheap tickets.

The SB will be 30% hawk fans, 30% Pats fans and 40% corporate suck ups that don't give a rat's ass about the game, but they got invited by some large company.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Chawks1":3j2c9j3d said:
I'm sure he acted alone. Must be a rogue employee who decided to do this on his own for the very first time during the AFC Championship game. Right?

Don't worry I'm sure Brady will let him take the fall. Next time we hear from this guy it will be from here:

Krafty Kraft is going to make sure that he's getting a LOT of money for taking the bullet for Tommy F$$$$rfaster Brady.
What pisses me off, and I'm sure a lot of other folks too?....There was no ball deflating per instructions from Tommy Boy.
This yokel was a mind reader.
I can hear how it must have gone down before the Pat's took off for Az. Billy, you and the boys just go on down there and have a good time, and I'll clean up Tom's mess here by laying it on some PATsy (wink wink) to take the hit, and rest assured, my good buddy Goodell will smooth shit over on the media side of this.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":su0iso01 said:
SnoCoHawk":su0iso01 said:
Wait...was this locker room attendant a Patriots employee, an NFL employee or a stadium employee? Why did he have possession of both sets of balls?

It's a good question. I had heard at one point that the ball boys at Gillette are paid by the NFL, but haven't heard that discussed lately. Each team does have its own equipment staff, and not clear which group was managing the balls.

I think that even if were a Pats employee, it shows how small an issue the balls are that they would have the other team's ball boys moving them around. Nobody, including the refs, players and ball boys, pay much attention to the balls, and especially their psi. The refs apparently just give them a squeeze in most cases, then fill or deflate them a little if they don't feel right. That's about it, it sounds like the league doesn't even know much about this whole ritual or what their refs are doing.
Word is, the Refs have gauges to check per League regulation, and inflate, or Bradyflate the footballs to specifications set by the League.
There is no 'willy-nilly" about the procedures that are supposed to be followed.
When the League allows for both teams to "Bring Their Own Balls" to the Stadiums, it is opening up the opportunity for cheating to take place, and Tom Brady and the Patriots to take full advantage of that opportunity of doing just that.
Too late now to fix the wrongdoing that BB ,Tom, and the Patriots have gotten away with for several Years now, but I'm confident Goodell will do his best to smooth it all over.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":5yeu25hu said:
I think the "report" says that on his way out to the field from picking up the balls, he passes the men's room and decides that since he's going to have to stay out there for the next 2-3 hours till halftime, he better take a whiz now. Doesn't it?
Oh, Yeah, that explains it (wink wink)

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
scutterhawk":lruqa1qh said:
Word is, the Refs have gauges to check per League regulation, and inflate, or Bradyflate the footballs to specifications set by the League.
There is no 'willy-nilly" about the procedures that are supposed to be followed.
When the League allows for both teams to "Bring Their Own Balls" to the Stadiums, it is opening up the opportunity for cheating to take place, and Tom Brady and the Patriots to take full advantage of that opportunity of doing just that.
Too late now to fix the wrongdoing that BB ,Tom, and the Patriots have gotten away with for several Years now, but I'm confident Goodell will do his best to smooth it all over.
Balls are checked before the game by the refs to make sure they are approved balls in proper spec for weight, size, and psi. Something caused 11 of the 12 Pats** balls to lose 2 lb of air pressure by halftime. Nothing caused any of the Colts balls to lose any air pressure.
Period.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
hawknation2015":hrkyq039 said:
FYI, the standard of proof for allegations of misconduct that undermine the integrity of the game is a mere preponderance -- the standard that applies in civil litigation, a “more-likely-than-not” assessment of the proof that equates to, essentially, a 51-49 test.

"Too often competitive violations have gone unpunished because conclusive proof of the violation was lacking,” Goodell wrote. “I believe we should reconsider the standard of proof to be applied in such cases, and make it easier for a competitive violation to be established.”-- The Rogmeister in 2008

We'll see if he remembers that when it comes to his bud's team.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
He probably took a piss. 90 seconds isn't enough time to get your hands washed, so the Pats had to play with pee pee balls.

If the Pats wanted to deflate balls, doing it on the sidelines is no problem either. you could do it right in the bag. hand held pressure device with a preset at 10.5 or 11 psi, just put it in each one for a couple seconds, done.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":2uddlq1u said:
12thManHawkFan":2uddlq1u said:
I'm sending in a resume. Probably pays what I make now and I'd only have to work one day a week. :0190l:
Nah, you'd be running ball handling and deflation drills until you pass out or make the 90 second mark. Takes dedication.

Phteven

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":vnw23gcl said:
peachesenregalia":vnw23gcl said:
If he was just going to the bathroom, why'd he take the balls in there with him? Makes zero sense. He took them in there because he was doing something with them, otherwise there's no reasonable explanation.

I dunno, maybe because he was responsible for them and it was the AFC Championship game. Just a wild theory.
A reasonable person would have gone to the bathroom and then went to get the balls, or delivered the balls to the sideline and then gone to the bathroom. That's just common sense for any adult. As peaches said above, it just doesn't compute. If he were a 5 year old, I wouldn't be surprised if he held it too long, and suddenly raced into the bathroom to pee. But adults just don't do that.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
When this guy gets his pay off I hope he doesnt jump an open drawbridge and spoil his brand new car.