Looking at this game as a pats fan

Gametime

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":11mye9hw said:
Gametime":11mye9hw said:
Pretty decent analysis. Except the receivers of Seattle needing to make a play.....thats what they do. They look invisible until it counts most then land a Haymaker. Bevell sets it up all game then hits teams with it at the right moment. They are the definition of opportunistic. Ask Green Bay.

Yea but the patriots will not be playing cover 0 with a Tramon williams caliber player

Sounds good to me! That's when the big, broken plays happen. When Russell get's flushed from the pocket and creates "time" to pass, it's simply impossible to stay in man coverage for the entire time. Someone will lose their coverage. That's how they make so many big plays. It's not "luck". It's practiced and drilled as a scramble drill and the receivers on this team do it very well. If the coverage is really tight and the pressure keeps coming you have to rely on a spy to make the tackle. That leaves Russ with 1 guy to beat after committing to the run and 5-10 yrds a carry is easy. If Collins is the spy it will definitely be interesting but what I'm talking about is the reason Seattle leads in explosive plays.

It's practice and schemed Play ground football. Fun to watch. It's not "LUCK" or it would have run out long ago.

Gonna be a fun match up and the coaching adjustments are really where it's going to get interesting.

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
rideaducati":1ybwhlkm said:
I think Baldwin and Kearse will not be the two best WRs in this game for Seattle. This is the game where we see Lockette and Willson have better matchups and Russell will find them.

The Pats put Revis on the opposition's number two WR and double the number one with Browner. When they do this against Seattle, I think Seattle will respond by opening up the pass game. Seattle will get favorable matchups because both Lockette and Willson are faster than the guys that will be forced to cover them. If the Pats are forced to leave Browner alone with any of Seattle's WRs, he'll get in trouble.

I think this will be another 300+ yard passing game for Russell because Bill Belichick is pretty good at taking away the most dangerous aspect of the opposing offense and that would be Lynch according to EVERYONE. Too bad for the Pats that Russell is just as "DangeRuss".

The pats don't do anything in particular with revis. He's the focal point of their defense and use him according to match ups. Against the Ravens he matched up vs the 1 same as against sd cin chi min buf and gb once they put Cobb in the backfield. The only teams they did that against were teams browner couldn't hang with the number 2 like Detroit and Denver. Having his big body on Thomas and johnson was the better gameplan considering tate and sanders were legit threats themselves. Hilton is the exception here for some reason Arrington is able to put the breaks on him

Rex

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":2he03r69 said:
Bitter":2he03r69 said:
Strongarm2399":2he03r69 said:
Let me start by saying these are by far the best two teams in the league and I expect a hell of a game.

I would disagree with this. Much like last year, I think the two best teams in the league played in the NFCCG.

lol sf and kaepernick. I'll respectfully disregard your opinion

Wrong Cheatriot fan. Not SF. Green Bay with Rodgers at QB.

Rex

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":3cgs6rpx said:
Bitter":3cgs6rpx said:
Strongarm2399":3cgs6rpx said:
Let me start by saying these are by far the best two teams in the league and I expect a hell of a game.

I would disagree with this. Much like last year, I think the two best teams in the league played in the NFCCG.

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Rex":26t0xkbt said:
Strongarm2399":26t0xkbt said:
Bitter":26t0xkbt said:
Strongarm2399":26t0xkbt said:

Smh you must be a new seahawks fan

Rex

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":3gswcuok said:

Wrong again. At least you are consistent much like your cheating Belicheat Cheatriots. Read the posts again. Green Bay not SF in the most recent NFCCG.

seadawg

Reaction score
Rex - The SF reference was in response to the "much like last year" wording of the post he was responding to. As we all know, Seattle did play SF in the NFCCG prior to the last one.
While SF's play this season wasn't up to the level of the previous year, one could definitely argue they were the 2nd best team in the league when Seattle faced them in the 2013 NFCCG.

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Rex":3gld0nk2 said:
Strongarm2399":3gld0nk2 said:

Wrong again. At least you are consistent much like your cheating Belicheat Cheatriots. Read the posts again. Green Bay not SF in the most recent NFCCG.

Did you not read the much like last year part? Either way I don't get your point how could you say a team that absolutely choked away a conference championship game deserves to be considered the second best team in the league. Aaron Rodgers is slowly turning into peyton manning

CANHawk

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":2g0ns4d3 said:
Rex":2g0ns4d3 said:
Strongarm2399":2g0ns4d3 said:

Did you not read the much like last year part? Either way I don't get your point how could you say a team that absolutely choked away a conference championship game deserves to be considered the second best team in the league. Aaron Rodgers is slowly turning into peyton manning

So is Tom Brady. What's your point?

Hawks46

Reaction score
kearly":2gotf8fe said:
The Pats aren't going to run the ball, look at the 2nd half of the Baltimore game and that will give you an inkling of what Belichick is going to dial up. If I was a betting man I'd bet the over on Brady's pass attempts. I expect 50 or even 60 attempts in this game, almost all of them short.

The key for New England will be their efficiency on 3rd down. This is a very difficult way to beat Seattle, but it can be done if Brady plays a perfect game. Of course, it's really hard to throw that many passes and eliminate turnovers. Which btw, is exactly how the 2012 meeting went. Brady set a personal record for passes thrown in that game, and moved the ball well, but lost in large part because of turnovers.

New England's defense is very good at limiting the big play, but struggles at stopping the short ones. Gonna see a lot of 15 play drives in this game for both teams.

One of the reasons I think Seattle should be favored in this game is because both teams are going to run a lot of plays, but New England will be going through the air, Seattle on the ground. Turnover rates and negative play rates on pass attempts are much higher than they are for rushes.

Penalties for holding will be huge in this game. A 10 yard penalty on either of these offenses with their short yardage focus will likely lead to a punt.

Good post and I can't disagree with much except the "Ne's defense is very good at limiting the big play". Statistically, it's not true, but I haven't watched enough of the Patriots to know if they were giving up big plays in the beginning of the season and are better at it now, but they are somewhere around 29th in the league at allowing big pass plays. It's been all over NFL.com that the Seahawks are the tops in the league in explosive pass plays as a percentage, so that's actually a strength vs. weakness on that front.

Baltimore had no problem throwing it down field on the Pats. Baltimore is also a very balanced team that runs the ball well. If the Pats over play the run, I can see us hitting plays down field. Quick ! outside of Steve Smith and Torrey Smith, name another Baltimore WR. I can't. Yet those "nobody WRs" had a pretty good game against the "2nd best secondary in the league".

I also agree if Brady throws 45 times, the Pats lose. Also, if they try to rub route and dink and dunk us to death it's going to look a lot like the Denver game. Pats fans hate to see the comparison, but in the passing game it's eerily similar. Manning didn't have the arm strength to challenge us deep and Brady doesn't anymore either. The Broncos WRs are bigger, faster and more physical than the Pats WR corps and they didn't manage to do a lot against us either. Manning set SB records for attempts and completions, yet they scored 8 points. I'd be shocked if Bellichick comes out and tries the same thing.

They HAVE to run the ball. When they've gotten over 100 yards rushing, they've average something like 42 points per game. When we've given up 100 yards rushing, we're something like 1-4 this year.

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Hawks46":18hsbdpw said:
kearly":18hsbdpw said:
The Pats aren't going to run the ball, look at the 2nd half of the Baltimore game and that will give you an inkling of what Belichick is going to dial up. If I was a betting man I'd bet the over on Brady's pass attempts. I expect 50 or even 60 attempts in this game, almost all of them short.

The key for New England will be their efficiency on 3rd down. This is a very difficult way to beat Seattle, but it can be done if Brady plays a perfect game. Of course, it's really hard to throw that many passes and eliminate turnovers. Which btw, is exactly how the 2012 meeting went. Brady set a personal record for passes thrown in that game, and moved the ball well, but lost in large part because of turnovers.

New England's defense is very good at limiting the big play, but struggles at stopping the short ones. Gonna see a lot of 15 play drives in this game for both teams.

One of the reasons I think Seattle should be favored in this game is because both teams are going to run a lot of plays, but New England will be going through the air, Seattle on the ground. Turnover rates and negative play rates on pass attempts are much higher than they are for rushes.

Penalties for holding will be huge in this game. A 10 yard penalty on either of these offenses with their short yardage focus will likely lead to a punt.

Good post and I can't disagree with much except the "Ne's defense is very good at limiting the big play". Statistically, it's not true, but I haven't watched enough of the Patriots to know if they were giving up big plays in the beginning of the season and are better at it now, but they are somewhere around 29th in the league at allowing big pass plays. It's been all over NFL.com that the Seahawks are the tops in the league in explosive pass plays as a percentage, so that's actually a strength vs. weakness on that front.

Baltimore had no problem throwing it down field on the Pats. Baltimore is also a very balanced team that runs the ball well. If the Pats over play the run, I can see us hitting plays down field. Quick ! outside of Steve Smith and Torrey Smith, name another Baltimore WR. I can't. Yet those "nobody WRs" had a pretty good game against the "2nd best secondary in the league".

I also agree if Brady throws 45 times, the Pats lose. Also, if they try to rub route and dink and dunk us to death it's going to look a lot like the Denver game. Pats fans hate to see the comparison, but in the passing game it's eerily similar. Manning didn't have the arm strength to challenge us deep and Brady doesn't anymore either. The Broncos WRs are bigger, faster and more physical than the Pats WR corps and they didn't manage to do a lot against us either. Manning set SB records for attempts and completions, yet they scored 8 points. I'd be shocked if Bellichick comes out and tries the same thing.

They HAVE to run the ball. When they've gotten over 100 yards rushing, they've average something like 42 points per game. When we've given up 100 yards rushing, we're something like 1-4 this year.

The comparison is not similar because brady has plenty of arm strength to get the ball down field. The big difference is on the shorter routes brady has more zip. They don't play the same style at all lol. The routes aren't similar the sets arent either. The patriots recievers run their routes based on post snap while Denvers do it all pre snap.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":xdusxx9o said:
Rex":xdusxx9o said:
Strongarm2399":xdusxx9o said:

It is my feeling that the Patriots won't even have the opportunity to choke away the Super Bowl. If that is the case, wouldn't it mean GB is the better team? And they did it at CLink where as the Patriots get the Seahawks on a neutral field.

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Bitter":qs988lza said:
Strongarm2399":qs988lza said:
Rex":qs988lza said:
Strongarm2399":qs988lza said:

It is my feeling that the Patriots won't even have the opportunity to choke away the Super Bowl. If that is the case, wouldn't it mean GB is the better team? And they did it at CLink where as the Patriots get the Seahawks on a neutral field.

And what gives you that feeling?

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
I want to point out that the Hawks games I watched in their entirety were both gb den dal sd phi and ny as these were the games I felt they played against above average qbs. Aside from phi and ny, I watched those because of phi unique offense and because Eli wouldn't be intimidated

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
CANHawk":16zyp1n5 said:
Uh oh, they’re going to put a spy on Russell. We're doomed. can't believe more teams don't try this...
No one has ever thought of that before right? Oh wait, they just didn't have the right players on defense, but the Pats do!

Oh I know! Just stop Lynch and make Wilson beat you. That's it!

Oh I get it, the Patriots are better than all the other teams that tried to do that. Especially on defense. Yesterday I learned that Revis and Browner won't leave their guy AND they will contain Wilson on the outside.

So the way I understand it is that the Pats can man up every Seahawks WR and TE, stack the box to stop Lynch, keep Wilson in the pocket, put a spy on Wilson that have help on the edge from the DBs who are covering all the guys downfield. Totally understood.

I don't think that the Pats can handle Wilson on that field. Wilson has to love that place because even against an extremely aggressive Cards defense he has just put on a clinic.

M2MG

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":1wv8gggx said:
Rex":1wv8gggx said:
Strongarm2399":1wv8gggx said:

A A Ron slowly turning into Peyton Manning? Is that why everybody is saying he will be the MVP this year? And are you sure his team "choked away a conference championship"? Or did they get choked out of a conference championship? Just asking.

Read more here: http://www.fieldgulls.com/seahawks-anal ... etter-team

PowerRun

Reaction score
Bitter":2cpd485i said:
Strongarm2399":2cpd485i said:

Best two teams in the league played in the AFC Divisional round (NE/Baltimore.)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Russell is going to abuse Ninkovich with the zone read. Guy runs like he's wearing lead cleats.

SeahawkTalons

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":h6fcv534 said:
Rex":h6fcv534 said:
Strongarm2399":h6fcv534 said:

They beat you guys, right brah?