Looking at this game as a pats fan

PowerRun

Reaction score
SeahawkTalons":13ioaffo said:
Strongarm2399":13ioaffo said:
Rex":13ioaffo said:
Strongarm2399":13ioaffo said:
Smh you must be a new seahawks fan

Wrong again. At least you are consistent much like your cheating Belicheat Cheatriots. Read the posts again. Green Bay not SF in the most recent NFCCG.

Did you not read the much like last year part? Either way I don't get your point how could you say a team that absolutely choked away a conference championship game deserves to be considered the second best team in the league. Aaron Rodgers is slowly turning into peyton manning

They beat you guys, right brah?

By 5 points in their stadium.

If the NFCCG was played in GB, they'd beat you by at least two scores.

You needed a miracle win in Seattle.

SeahawkTalons

Reaction score
PowerRun":3u9b45mr said:
SeahawkTalons":3u9b45mr said:
Strongarm2399":3u9b45mr said:
Rex":3u9b45mr said:
Wrong again. At least you are consistent much like your cheating Belicheat Cheatriots. Read the posts again. Green Bay not SF in the most recent NFCCG.

Did you not read the much like last year part? Either way I don't get your point how could you say a team that absolutely choked away a conference championship game deserves to be considered the second best team in the league. Aaron Rodgers is slowly turning into peyton manning

They beat you guys, right brah?

By 5 points in their stadium.

If the NFCCG was played in GB, they'd beat you by at least two scores.

You needed a miracle win in Seattle.

Bro, Green Bay was gifted 5 turnovers....and still couldn't beat Seattle imo

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You clearly didn't watch the game. Hawks gifted them 5 turnovers. 2 of them were fluke tipped interceptions, and another on a fumbled kick return. They had a short field all day long, and the Hawks D held them to 5 FG'S and ONE touchdown. Typical response from someone who knows absolutely nothing about the Hawks.

LTH

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":nfb6u01i said:
Rex":nfb6u01i said:
Strongarm2399":nfb6u01i said:

It wasnt about the packer break down in play.... It was more about Seattle playing clutch footballl to win the game...I wouldnt expect a patriots fan to understand the mental philosophy the whole team has committed to... Ill call it the pete factor... an unrelenting belief that the Hawks will win because they can stand the fact of letting down there team mates... they play for each other its a brotherhood... but when the game is over you will understand or you will pee in your cherrios :lol: either way the hawks are going to win this game because the Pats will not be able to stop lynch... your going to see the most masterful performance in SB history ...

Good luck man... and nice view of the game... I can tell you put some thought into it... your wrong but good job!

peace to ya hope you dont choke of your beer during the game....

LTH

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
LTH":3arywjbq said:
Strongarm2399":3arywjbq said:
Rex":3arywjbq said:
Strongarm2399":3arywjbq said:

It wasnt about the packer break down in play.... It was more about Seattle playing clutch footballl to win the game...I wouldnt expect a patriots fan to understand the mental philosophy the whole team has committed to... Ill call it the pete factor... an unrelenting belief that the Hawks will win because they can stand the fact of letting down there team mates... they play for each other its a brotherhood... but when the game is over you will understand or you will pee in your cherrios :lol: either way the hawks are going to win this game because the Pats will not be able to stop lynch... your going to see the most masterful performance in SB history ...

Good luck man... and nice view of the game... I can tell you put some thought into it... your wrong but good job!

peace to ya hope you dont choke of your beer during the game....

LTH

Lol read how ridiculous your post sounds. You can't honestly believe the packers didn't choke that game away from Burnett sliding to their horrendous and soft play calls to a goofy third string tight end trying to be superman to playing covering 0 with Tramon williams. And you realize the patriots are the team that started the whole buying in thing right. They have been the team of the century tom Brady has more superbowl wins than the Hawks franchise. They have won these superbowls and gotten to 3 more with little to zero hof caliber players.

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
:lol:
Laloosh":2jiizldx said:
Russell is going to abuse Ninkovich with the zone read. Guy runs like he's wearing lead cleats.

Doesn't seem like you are aware of how a read option works but go on

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":3os57k16 said:
Laloosh":3os57k16 said:
Russell is going to abuse Ninkovich with the zone read. Guy runs like he's wearing lead cleats.

err....ok. but then again, you think the pats are a good team. so were the broncos last year, in fact, better. how'd that work out. analyze this all you want but it means squat piss until the game is over. i like our changes. i don't like the pats chances and it pains you to admit that. carry on with your drivel.

bostonhardo

Reaction score
M2MG":5wvyflot said:
Strongarm2399":5wvyflot said:
Rex":5wvyflot said:
Strongarm2399":5wvyflot said:

A A Ron slowly turning into Peyton Manning? Is that why everybody is saying he will be the MVP this year? And are you sure his team "choked away a conference championship"? Or did they get choked out of a conference championship? Just asking.

Read more here: http://www.fieldgulls.com/seahawks-anal ... etter-team

When Bostick doesn't do what he has been coached to do since grade school on the on side kick and Ha Ha doesn't even make an attempt to play the ball on the two point conversion, yes I say they choked.Not Rogers but the Packers as a team.

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":2jocohke said:
Strongarm2399":2jocohke said:
Laloosh":2jocohke said:

err....ok. but then again, you think the pats are a good team. so were the broncos last year, in fact, better. how'd that work out. analyze this all you want but it means squat piss until the game is over. i like our changes. i don't like the pats chances and it pains you to admit that. carry on with your drivel.

I clearly stated I like both teams chances as I should because there is absolutely nothing to support otherwise.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the football post, breath of fresh air from what we've seen in terms of Pats fans over the past couple of weeks.

Also, ignore the snide remarks, it's disappointing when various posters turn threads like this into shitslinging contests, there's enough of us wanting to talk football though, honest.

It's a worn down narrative but stack the box and go man to man on the outside. If you don't, then with us running the read option you could have some negative blocking matchups against the best back in the league.

If you can limit Lynch then Russ will have to take over. I've never not been confident when we put our chances in Russ's hands. The difference is I believe we're the weakest we've been at receiver since we started, so it's going to take some heroics, most likely with his legs.

I agree that Collins is your best bet for a spy, regardless Russ is going to have to back himself a little more than in previous weeks. If you do spy with Collins, I'd like to think we've got a couple of TE's in Cooper Helfet and Luke Willson who can exploit some matchups. Both are quick for big dudes, but both have displayed hands of stone. The drops haven't mattered much in previous games, but I doubt we'll be afforded the same luxury on Sunday.

As always, Gronk will likely get his catches, the difference is we're probably the best equipped team you face to limit his YAC. It's pretty much the same defense as last year, we'll be swarming. I don't think you'll be able to run the ball on us all that much, much weighs on how much pressure we can get on Brady. Lots of third down and redzone defense in this one I think. I've seen the points line at around 48, I'm taking the under.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Strongarm2399,

Thanks for the excellent breakdown and analysis from a NE Standpoint. And let me be the first (as I don't see anyone else who's done it) to say Thank You. Finally, a passionate Patriot Fan who's actually open and honest and well balanced in his opinion. We've seen a lot of homer-ism on the board by Pats fans who this past week with rose colored glasses firmly in place who could never even conceive of the idea that their team might have actually have some weaknesses. I know ours certainly does. I'll fully admit that. I've posted over on Pats Fans before and found a lot of really great, knowledgeable, well versed football fans over there. In general, I thought they were mostly pretty cool guys ... so thank you for representing well. It's a refreshing change.

Anyway, I've posted this question a couple of times before, but no Patriots fan has chosen to answer. In doing my research for this game, I found to my surprise that New England's secondary gave up 62 passes of 20 yards or more during the regular season. That was tied for 3rd WORST in the NFL. I ended up going back through the game logs (week by week). Here is what I found ...

Passes of 20 Yards or More Allowed by 2014 Patriots ...
Week 1 at Dolphins … 1
Week 2 at Vikings … 3
Week 3 vs. Raiders … 1 (also allowed an 18 yard completion late in the 4th Quarter)
Week 4 at Chiefs … 3 (also allowed a 19 yard completion as well)
Week 5 vs. Bengals … 3 (also allowed a 19 yard completion and a 17 Yd. TD)
Week 6 at Bills … 5
Week 7 vs. Jets … 1 (also allowed an 18 yard completion)
Week 8 vs. Bears … 3 (2 of those for TD’s.)
Week 9 vs. Broncos … 8 (also allowed a 18 Yd. TD)
Week 11 at Colts … 7
Week 12 vs. Lions … 2 (also allowed an 18 Yd. completion)
Week 13 at Packers … 6 (2 of those for TD’s)
Week 14 at Chargers … 3
Week 15 vs. Dolphins … 5 (includes a 32 Yd. TD)
Week 16 at Jets … 4 (includes a 20 Yd. TD)
Week 17 vs. Bills … 3
Divisional Game vs. Ravens … 2 (Flacco also had 2 completions of 19 yards, one of those a TD)
AFC Championship vs. Colts … 1

So, the pattern seemed to be a consistent one throughout the season. That is -- that the Patriots secondary appeared to me to have a propensity for giving up a lot of big plays (many of those for scores). To me, this seems to point to a weakness somewhere, somehow in that secondary.

Got any thoughts/insights in to any of that? Is that accurate to say that this has been an issue and if so ... where is the weak link so to speak (in your opinion)?

Largent80

Reaction score
I laugh pretty good when I hear GB choked the game away when it was Seattle that did that for 55 minutes. And then an incredible series of plays / events all aligned and the Hawks took it.

If that isn't a great "warm up" game I don't know what is...a blowout?......sorry but that does nothing. Considering GB started almost every drive on the Hawks side of the field the defense really played well, and if I were a N.E. fan I would have to be concerned, because there is no way the Hawks are going to turn the ball over like that anytime soon.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Good rundown. I think like many in the league they believe Seattle is a one dimensional team that if we can't run the ball are basically screwed. Also, like everyone in the league they all say THEY MUST STOP MARSHAWN and our running attack.
NE isn't the first to attempt this task and it didn't work out so well for 17 of the 18 teams we played this year. As we rushed as a team for over 100 yards 17 out of 18 games (including playoffs). Dallas was THEE only team to hold us under 100 yards as a team to 80 yards rushing. Contrast that to your NE team which only rushed for over 100 yards in less than half your games (7 of 18).

Against common opponents. GB, OAK, KC, DEN. We rushed for over 100 plus times in every game, you for 100 plus in none of them. In fact, As a team against GB we put up a combined 401 yards over 2 games to your 84 in a single game.
It's easier said than done for multiple reasons, Marshawn being the one, but what is often overlooked is that Wilson's ability to scramble wears D linemen down. He may throw the ball away because nothing is there and though it's a small victory for the D, it really is like a boxer taking body blows. In the second half when your big boys are dog tired, that's when the Beast is released. Once that happens now we beat you over the top. See you don't have that advantage, Brady isn't wearing anyone out. Just like Peyton he likes to stand on that spot. You can say "well you didn't sack Rodgers a ton of times and he was hurt." You are right, but most will forget Rodgers had 2 ints, 1 td and only 174 yards passing in the NFCCG. Wilson outplayed him on the stat sheet. It isn't so much the sack, but the pressure. No time for huge plays to develop, no time to find those holes. Gotta throw that check down and watch your little Edelman and Amendola get destroyed by a 6'3, 230lb mountain of muscle named Kam patrolling the middle. Hell I want to see Gonk take one on the chin from Bam Bam Kam ala Thomas last year. He is a bad man and won't let you forget it.

NE is a good team and any given Sunday. There is a reason a team can play as bad as can be played on Offense for 3 3/4 quarters of a game and still come out on top. We have a once in a generation Defense and a QB doesn't know how to lose. Plus it's in Prime Time Baby and we DON'T lose on Prime Time. In Arizona where we last won huge on Prime Time. With the 12's loud and proud in full force. Cuz we travel well. Good luck...The smart money is on Seattle.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":1dvdmr74 said:
Rex":1dvdmr74 said:
Strongarm2399":1dvdmr74 said:

So Rodgers is turning into one of the all-time greats? You must think highly of him. :D

Team quality isn't necessarily connected to results. I know all the talk of "you are what your record says you are", but football games are won on moments. Green Bay was a quality team. I will say that I actually think the NFCCG should have been Dallas @ Seattle, but that's neither here nor there.

You're off on an awkward, twisted tangent trying to diminish Rodgers in order to diminish GB in order to diminish SEA, and I just don't agree with that kind of stretched logic. I'd also say that last year, SF was the second-best team in the league. Their collapse this year doesn't take away from their accomplishments.

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3azj0zhc said:
Strongarm2399,

Thanks for the excellent breakdown and analysis from a NE Standpoint. And let me be the first (as I don't see anyone else who's done it) to say Thank You. Finally, a passionate Patriot Fan who's actually open and honest and well balanced in his opinion. We've seen a lot of homer-ism on the board by Pats fans who this past week with rose colored glasses firmly in place who could never even conceive of the idea that their team might have actually have some weaknesses. I know ours certainly does. I'll fully admit that. I've posted over on Pats Fans before and found a lot of really great, knowledgeable, well versed football fans over there. In general, I thought they were mostly pretty cool guys ... so thank you for representing well. It's a refreshing change.

Anyway, I've posted this question a couple of times before, but no Patriots fan has chosen to answer. In doing my research for this game, I found to my surprise that New England's secondary gave up 62 passes of 20 yards or more during the regular season. That was tied for 3rd WORST in the NFL. I ended up going back through the game logs (week by week). Here is what I found ...

Passes of 20 Yards or More Allowed by 2014 Patriots ...
Week 1 at Dolphins … 1
Week 2 at Vikings … 3
Week 3 vs. Raiders … 1 (also allowed an 18 yard completion late in the 4th Quarter)
Week 4 at Chiefs … 3 (also allowed a 19 yard completion as well)
Week 5 vs. Bengals … 3 (also allowed a 19 yard completion and a 17 Yd. TD)
Week 6 at Bills … 5
Week 7 vs. Jets … 1 (also allowed an 18 yard completion)
Week 8 vs. Bears … 3 (2 of those for TD’s.)
Week 9 vs. Broncos … 8 (also allowed a 18 Yd. TD)
Week 11 at Colts … 7
Week 12 vs. Lions … 2 (also allowed an 18 Yd. completion)
Week 13 at Packers … 6 (2 of those for TD’s)
Week 14 at Chargers … 3
Week 15 vs. Dolphins … 5 (includes a 32 Yd. TD)
Week 16 at Jets … 4 (includes a 20 Yd. TD)
Week 17 vs. Bills … 3
Divisional Game vs. Ravens … 2 (Flacco also had 2 completions of 19 yards, one of those a TD)
AFC Championship vs. Colts … 1

So, the pattern seemed to be a consistent one throughout the season. That is -- that the Patriots secondary appeared to me to have a propensity for giving up a lot of big plays (many of those for scores). To me, this seems to point to a weakness somewhere, somehow in that secondary.

Got any thoughts/insights in to any of that? Is that accurate to say that this has been an issue and if so ... where is the weak link so to speak (in your opinion)?

Well when I say big plays I'm talking like the play Tramon was beat on in ot. The patriots are very tough underneath in their man scheme unlike past year where they were a bend not break defense. The trend I see in those game breakdowns is the ones where the number is high the pats were winning in blowout fashion. Also our best pass rusher chandler jones missed ample time and the pass rush was non existent in his absence. While in man getting pressure is important as I'm sure you know. IDon't think the reciever will get behind the coverage and I really see whover draws the revis card having an extremely hard day. They have not faced a corner of his caliber (sherman is amazing but his skill set is not the same as what revis brings to the table imo)

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Largent80":j1fa71od said:
I laugh pretty good when I hear GB choked the game away when it was Seattle that did that for 55 minutes. And then an incredible series of plays / events all aligned and the Hawks took it.

If that isn't a great "warm up" game I don't know what is...a blowout?......sorry but that does nothing. Considering GB started almost every drive on the Hawks side of the field the defense really played well, and if I were a N.E. fan I would have to be concerned, because there is no way the Hawks are going to turn the ball over like that anytime soon.

I am extremely concerned. I can almost guarantee Russ won't play that bad. But if he does I am also extremely confident the patriots would not let them off the hook.

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":37845nmi said:
Strongarm2399":37845nmi said:
Rex":37845nmi said:
Strongarm2399":37845nmi said:

So Rodgers is turning into one of the all-time greats? You must think highly of him. :D

Team quality isn't necessarily connected to results. I know all the talk of "you are what your record says you are", but football games are won on moments. Green Bay was a quality team. I will say that I actually think the NFCCG should have been Dallas @ Seattle, but that's neither here nor there.

You're off on an awkward, twisted tangent trying to diminish Rodgers in order to diminish GB in order to diminish SEA, and I just don't agree with that kind of stretched logic. I'd also say that last year, SF was the second-best team in the league. Their collapse this year doesn't take away from their accomplishments.

I am not diminishing gb or sea at all. Esp not seattle all I'm saying is the two best teams are playing in the superbowl. With the most intriguing matchup. I think gb matches up against ne better than seattle honestly but seattle matches up against gb better than they do New England. Honestly Dallas matches up horribly against New England and if that's who they were playing I wouldn't have any concerns saying the patriots would smoke them.

All I'm saying is this is the absolute best matchup from a football perspective possible. With the two best coaches. And 2 top 5 qbs

bostonhardo

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":wnsp0kic said:
Thanks for the football post, breath of fresh air from what we've seen in terms of Pats fans over the past couple of weeks.

Also, ignore the snide remarks, it's disappointing when various posters turn threads like this into shitslinging contests, there's enough of us wanting to talk football though, honest.

It's a worn down narrative but stack the box and go man to man on the outside. If you don't, then with us running the read option you could have some negative blocking matchups against the best back in the league.

If you can limit Lynch then Russ will have to take over. I've never not been confident when we put our chances in Russ's hands. The difference is I believe we're the weakest we've been at receiver since we started, so it's going to take some heroics, most likely with his legs.

I agree that Collins is your best bet for a spy, regardless Russ is going to have to back himself a little more than in previous weeks. If you do spy with Collins, I'd like to think we've got a couple of TE's in Cooper Helfet and Luke Willson who can exploit some matchups. Both are quick for big dudes, but both have displayed hands of stone. The drops haven't mattered much in previous games, but I doubt we'll be afforded the same luxury on Sunday.

As always, Gronk will likely get his catches, the difference is we're probably the best equipped team you face to limit his YAC. It's pretty much the same defense as last year, we'll be swarming. I don't think you'll be able to run the ball on us all that much, much weighs on how much pressure we can get on Brady. Lots of third down and redzone defense in this one I think. I've seen the points line at around 48, I'm taking the under.

Good post. Enjoy the game.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":1g7e2y4w said:

5 turnovers gifted that game to GB. when they didnt take it, the Seahawks scored TDs on 3 straight possessions, the final two possessions moving the ball with ease.

I think the story line most want to latch onto is the Seahawks offense being somehow a reflection of the first 55 minutes of the GB game without acknowledging just how strong it was the last 3 drives.

people cant seem to defend one without ignoring the other, and its lazy.

Rex

Reaction score
seadawg":3iz4zk6u said:
Rex - The SF reference was in response to the "much like last year" wording of the post he was responding to. As we all know, Seattle did play SF in the NFCCG prior to the last one.
While SF's play this season wasn't up to the level of the previous year, one could definitely argue they were the 2nd best team in the league when Seattle faced them in the 2013 NFCCG.

OK "seadawg" of all 3 posts…..you're wrong. This goes back to "bitter"s first post in which it was clearly meant for this season, as in this last NFCCG which had Green Bay and Seattle playing and which are the two best teams in the NFL.