Looking at this game as a pats fan

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
I am referring to revis and gronk. Of course revis has been beat a few times. What he's asked to due every play is something no other corner in this league deals with.[/quote]
So due ye think Sherman could ever due what Revis due? Sherm might never own an island but he takes away half the field. He might never deal with as many injuries as Bevis but that's because he's willing to play hurt. It might be a myth but I was told Sherm actually stayed in a championship game once so to continue making plays....he even tackled a runner with one arm because his other arm was injured.[/quote]

You're logic is stupid and incorrect. Sherman is amazing and is the best in the biz at his job. He doesn't take away half of the field tho lol that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. As I've said I watched 6 seahawk games from start to finish from coaches film on all 22 nfl offers a free week trial if you would like to actually prove me otherwise and not talk out of your rear end.

Seattle base defense is a cover 3. I'm going to let you know what that is as I assume you don't know based on your comment of sherman taking away half the field. They rush 4 lineman and have 7 guys in zone. Sherman is responsible for the deep left part of that. He has help underneath in the flats and help in his hook which is about the hash. He is responsible for and shuts down 1/7th of the field. It's actually Prob a little less as earl Thomas is unbelievably good and he basically covers the linebackers hooks as well as his deep middle.

In other words sherman has no more responsibility than maxwell. With that said I'm not taking anything away from his game because he has absolutely mastered his job in cover 3. When they do play cover 1 is when they will send a 5th man. He is still good in these situations but by eye he is not nearly as comfortable and recievers get position on him much more frequently in respect to percentage.

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":wwo5ycrt said:
Strongarm2399":wwo5ycrt said:
I am referring to revis and gronk. Of course revis has been beat a few times. What he's asked to due every play is something no other corner in this league deals with.

What does Revis deal with that every other CB in the league doesn't deal with?

He's expected to lockdown the other team's primary receiver, just like Joe Haden, Patrick Peterson, Aquib Talib......and IMO the most underrated CB right now Brent Grimes.

Sherman is unique in that he stays on his side, but even taking him out of the equation Revis is a very good CB, but not any more unique than 5-10 other very good CB's in the league.

So I guess I'm confused by your "most talented" definition. If we're talking pure athleticism, then there's about 5-6 Hawks that'd be 1-5 before any Patriots.

Pat Pete is horrendous and they kept him on the left after about the first 4 games. Talib was here and we were not able to tailor a gameplan around his play and Haden plays man under its not the same thing

Also on the defensive side of the ball the patriots athleticism is highly underrated. McCourty is just as athletic as earl. And collins is just as athletic as Wagner. Jones is crazy athletic as well. Aside from Irvin who is a freak athletically. I def wouldn't take 1-5 in favor of seattle

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
My derrière is quite possibly smarter than you on the topic of Sherman and Revis. You'll know soon enough what Sherm does to right handed qbs by taking away most passes to the right side. Enlighten me on how Revis did against Rodgers vs how Sherman did against the MVP in two games? Please...

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":1m4poo7h said:
My derrière is quite possibly smarter than you on the topic of Sherman and Revis. You'll know soon enough what Sherm does to right handed qbs by taking away most passes to the right side. Enlighten me on how Revis did against Rodgers vs how Sherman did against the MVP in two games? Please...

It's comparing apples to oranges. Sherman is responsible for primarily taking away 2 routes. A deep streak and a comeback route. The day he's asked to cover jordy Nelson or Cobb in man with a single high shaded away from him in the slot and on both sides of the field we can assess until then it's irrelevant

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Our apples just so happens to be better than your orange who let Jordy run a slant and take it to the house. Our apple is the reason the league MVP has poor passing games as opposed to the 380 yds against your vaunted secondary. Our apple makes more plays on fewer opportunities because qbs fear him.

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":33l2yx9a said:
Our apples just so happens to be better than your orange who let Jordy run a slant and take it to the house. Our apple is the reason the league MVP has poor passing games as opposed to the 380 yds against your vaunted secondary. Our apple makes more plays on fewer opportunities because qbs fear him.

If that's what helps you sleep bro

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":3j6l9nvu said:
Russ Willstrong":3j6l9nvu said:

If that's what helps you sleep bro. How did andrew luck and Ty Hilton do against him?Or phillip rivers?or odb

LTH

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":itpmwocf said:
I am referring to revis and gronk. Of course revis has been beat a few times. What he's asked to due every play is something no other corner in this league deals with.
So due ye think Sherman could ever due what Revis due? Sherm might never own an island but he takes away half the field. He might never deal with as many injuries as Bevis but that's because he's willing to play hurt. It might be a myth but I was told Sherm actually stayed in a championship game once so to continue making plays....he even tackled a runner with one arm because his other arm was injured.[/quote]

You're logic is stupid and incorrect. Sherman is amazing and is the best in the biz at his job. He doesn't take away half of the field tho lol that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. As I've said I watched 6 seahawk games from start to finish from coaches film on all 22 nfl offers a free week trial if you would like to actually prove me otherwise and not talk out of your rear end.

Seattle base defense is a cover 3. I'm going to let you know what that is as I assume you don't know based on your comment of sherman taking away half the field. They rush 4 lineman and have 7 guys in zone. Sherman is responsible for the deep left part of that. He has help underneath in the flats and help in his hook which is about the hash. He is responsible for and shuts down 1/7th of the field. It's actually Prob a little less as earl Thomas is unbelievably good and he basically covers the linebackers hooks as well as his deep middle.

In other words sherman has no more responsibility than maxwell. With that said I'm not taking anything away from his game because he has absolutely mastered his job in cover 3. When they do play cover 1 is when they will send a 5th man. He is still good in these situations but by eye he is not nearly as comfortable and recievers get position on him much more frequently in respect to percentage.[/quote]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LTH START

Look I know this is going to sound arrogant but its really not... In reality it doesnt matter what NE does... In a sence they are irrelevant... What it boils down to is whether or not the Hawks can exicute there game plan... Lets look at the GB game it wasnt coverage that made our recievers drop balls in the first half they just didnt catch them ... they had a poor first half because of penalties and their mistakes and all things that ARE IN THEIR CONTROL... really GB was irrelevant in the big picture just like NE is irrelevant... it is Seattle's exicution and there belief in each other to get it done... I dont expect you to under stand this but that IMO is what will win or lose SB 49... So... How does it feel to be irrelevant? LMAO!!!!! :lol:

LTH

Reaction score
I dont understand what im doing wrong with the quote thing having a tech problem here please PM me and let me know

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Ambrose83":xc599w35 said:
Strongarm2399":xc599w35 said:
Sgt. Largent":xc599w35 said:
Laloosh":xc599w35 said:
Based on Patriot fan posts, I get the sense that they're either accustomed to opposing fan bases kissing their collective asses, or that they're delusional.

We spend the entire season going back and forth with Niner fans. You honestly think we care about your "succes" over the last 15 years on Sunday? We can respect your team's success but their success doesn't excuse or lend credit to your ridiculous posts.

If I want to read about how the rest of the league should appreciate you, I'll go to whatever whole of a board you post on but this is our house. Show some respect or provide something of interest. Not one of you miserable posters have even tried to provide anything remotely interesting. It's either blowing smoke about deflate-gate or mindless jabs about a game that we played our worst football in, and still won.

Step up with some game or step out imo.

But that's the confusing thing, the Pat's haven't won the SB in 10 years, and 50% of the reason they win as many games as they have for the past 10 years is because they play in the AFC Least.

So where is all this over confidence coming from? Unless as a Pat's fan you've spent the past 10 years hibernating in a cave somewhere, there's no logical reason to be this confident against a great Hawks team.

Sure you can think you can win, and you should. But all this over confidence and chest thumping screaming about dynasties? That's just full blown delusion.

Because there is no real reason not to be optimistic. This is the best defense they have had since they won. Bellichick has the pieces to be creative defensively. As good as seattles defense is and they are amazing. It's going to be tough to see them play well in key areas as those Giants teams did.

Also seattles blowout against Denver isn't the norm for them their games are usually close. Just like wilson is with the game on the line brady is the same way both the sb losses he put his team in position to win late in the game and the defense failed him.
All of this leads me to believe that the team with the ball last will be the victor

Usually close? 7/8 games we have won by double digits

Is your user name for dean? Lol all why is there no reply on this forum. Anyone know how to not quote everything

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":zx0gavyc said:
Bitter":zx0gavyc said:
It is my feeling that the Patriots won't even have the opportunity to choke away the Super Bowl. If that is the case, wouldn't it mean GB is the better team? And they did it at CLink where as the Patriots get the Seahawks on a neutral field.

And what gives you that feeling?

Started working on my response as I read through the rest of the thread. After wading through drivel your comments have become, my response is now "I would rather not argue with a Patriot troll."

Pity too, outside of your apparent fear of the enter key, you started out looking different than the other Patsies that have flooded this forum the last 2 weeks.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":13mpw6ne said:
Strongarm2399":13mpw6ne said:
Russ Willstrong":13mpw6ne said:

If that's what helps you sleep bro. How did andrew luck and Ty Hilton do against him?Or phillip rivers?or odb

What kind of comeback is that? You were claiming Revis island is best in the league but I gave proof he can't lock down certain players even with two good arms. And for the record "Revis island" is as much an exaggeration as Sherm locking down half the field. Don't lecture me on how you learned Seattle plays a man press cover3 while minimizing Sherms impact. He does more than defend two routes on the right.

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Bitter":2mur2vfh said:
Strongarm2399":2mur2vfh said:
Bitter":2mur2vfh said:
It is my feeling that the Patriots won't even have the opportunity to choke away the Super Bowl. If that is the case, wouldn't it mean GB is the better team? And they did it at CLink where as the Patriots get the Seahawks on a neutral field.

And what gives you that feeling?

Started working on my response as I read through the rest of the thread. After wading through drivel your comments have become, my response is now "I would rather not argue with a Patriot troll."

Pity too, outside of your apparent fear of the enter key, you started out looking different than the other Patsies that have flooded this forum the last 2 weeks.

I am a troll because I think the game is an even matchup? Or because I think that revis is the most talented player on defense? Or because I don't see seattle getting interior pressure the way the Giants did.

Let me be clear I do not think any of that gives the patriots a better chance to win the game than I originally thought.

Also didn't mean to troll by making any of them. they were simple rebuttals to people saying that this is an easy Hawks w

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":edw3yj0x said:
Strongarm2399":edw3yj0x said:
Strongarm2399":edw3yj0x said:
Russ Willstrong":edw3yj0x said:

What kind of comeback is that? You were claiming Revis island is best in the league but I gave proof he can't lock down certain players even with two good arms. And for the record "Revis island" is as much an exaggeration as Sherm locking down half the field. Don't lecture me on how you learned Seattle plays a man press cover3 while minimizing Sherms impact. He does more than defend two routes on the right.

There is no such thing as a man press cover 3

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":86ohm4lo said:
Russ Willstrong":86ohm4lo said:
Strongarm2399":86ohm4lo said:

It's a common mistake. Press cover 3 gets labeled as man press cover 3 because our cover 1 and cover 3 can look the same. And if the outside receivers don't run deep, it looks like man.

Of course, you could have figured that out yourself, but you are kind of being a dick.

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":1yyt6554 said:
Strongarm2399":1yyt6554 said:
Strongarm2399":1yyt6554 said:
Russ Willstrong":1yyt6554 said:

What other routes is sherman responsible for? A curl? No that's on the guy in the flat. An out? Again the guy in the flat. A slant? Hell no and thank god because he is not good with position to his inside.A post? For some of it.

Revis played outstanding against gb. He let up a slant and paid for it. Sherman let up a slant against Cobb in the playoffs that would have been a td but earl was there to stop him on the one. Revis doesn't have the luxury. Like I said I am not taking anything from sherman because he's the best I've ever seen at what he does. Ever

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1vjtui7m said:
Strongarm2399":1vjtui7m said:
Russ Willstrong":1vjtui7m said:
Strongarm2399":1vjtui7m said:

It's a common mistake. Press cover 3 gets labeled as man press cover 3 because our cover 1 and cover 3 can look the same. And if the outside receivers don't run deep, it looks like man.

Of course, you could have figured that out yourself, but you are kind of being a dick.

I was kind of being a dick. My bad

Tical21

Reaction score
To say Sherman has no more responsibility than Maxwell is to be misinformed. Earl cheats away from Sherman and often is not there to help over the top because he is cheating towards Maxwell. Sherman also is one of the few corners in the league capable of having deep leverage and still being able to shut down the underneath stuff, to the point where he got scolded for it a handful of weeks back. He doesn't cover half the field, but 40% probably isn't an understatement

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Tical21":154uc38v said:
To say Sherman has no more responsibility than Maxwell is to be misinformed. Earl cheats away from Sherman and often is not there to help over the top because he is cheating towards Maxwell. Sherman also is one of the few corners in the league capable of having deep leverage and still being able to shut down the underneath stuff, to the point where he got scolded for it a handful of weeks back. He doesn't cover half the field, but 40% probably isn't an understatement

You heard this somewhere and 100% did not form this opinion on your own.

I don't even know where this argument comes from. The Hawks are so rarely in a cover 2 or cover 2 man that it's crazy. Once in a while kam will drop back but it's less than 5 plays a game from what I've seen. The only time a safety gives help "over the top" is when a corner is in trail technique. They are very straight by the book I don't remember ever seeing max play a trail with earl over the top while sherman was left alone. Maybe I'm wrong if you can tell me a game to watch I'll gladly do it

Tical21

Reaction score
Sherman doesn't play outs, slants and comebacks? He only covers the fade, right? Somebody has never watched the Seahawks play before.