Looking at this game as a pats fan

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":2jxjklrp said:
Lol read how ridiculous your post sounds. You can't honestly believe the packers didn't choke that game away from Burnett sliding to their horrendous and soft play calls to a goofy third string tight end trying to be superman to playing covering 0 with Tramon williams. And you realize the patriots are the team that started the whole buying in thing right. They have been the team of the century tom Brady has more superbowl wins than the Hawks franchise. They have won these superbowls and gotten to 3 more with little to zero hof caliber players.

LOL? That's what you have? So you entire point was not to just "talk football" it was to sell your story, which is full of imagination and dreams. Essentially a troll. Only we are all just hanging here and responding.

You really don't watch do you? Or you see what you want to see?

So it was a choke that Burnett slid? Did you not see Peppers telling him to get down? You know why? Because the extra yards he had wouldn't have mattered. That guy wasn't going to the house or field goal range. If it is such a choke, why is an experienced player like Peppers telling him to get down? I know if it was one our guys with 5 minutes and a 12 point lead I would be asking for it too.

The Hawks drove the ball on GB when they weren't making turnovers. It is that simple. The only way GB could stop Seattle was to have Wilson give them the ball. As it turns out, he did it twice on his own and Kearse made it happen twice. Its over, the Packers could not stop Seattle from doing anything they wanted once the TOs stopped. The only real break the Seahawks got was the onside kick. Is it a choke? Because many other teams have failed to field them too. Why do you think they do it?

Did you really make references to what the Pats did in 2003 and 2004? The only thing the Pats have done against Seattle was lose since Wilson took over. There is no previous game, no stat, no cherry picking games from early in the season. All the talk and imagination is nothing more than that. The Hawks are the Super Bowl champs, the Pats are literally 10 years displaced.

Hey, the Pats can beat the Hawks on Sunday. Its football, but there isn't a chance that it is like any game they have played all season long. Enjoy that first half.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":v7h44865 said:
I really hate the Denver comparison because that game was the second kam rocked dt. Denver is a really soft team

As far as the Seahawks concerned, the Patriots are too.

Rex

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1o24f9lr said:
Strongarm2399":1o24f9lr said:
I really hate the Denver comparison because that game was the second kam rocked dt. Denver is a really soft team

As far as the Seahawks concerned, the Patriots are too.

:th2thumbs:

bbsplitter

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3nkpy89x said:
Strongarm2399":3nkpy89x said:
Lol read how ridiculous your post sounds. You can't honestly believe the packers didn't choke that game away from Burnett sliding to their horrendous and soft play calls to a goofy third string tight end trying to be superman to playing covering 0 with Tramon williams. And you realize the patriots are the team that started the whole buying in thing right. They have been the team of the century tom Brady has more superbowl wins than the Hawks franchise. They have won these superbowls and gotten to 3 more with little to zero hof caliber players.

LOL? That's what you have? So you entire point was not to just "talk football" it was to sell your story, which is full of imagination and dreams. Essentially a troll. Only we are all just hanging here and responding.

So it was a choke that Burnett slid? Did you not see Peppers telling him to get down? You know why? Because the extra yards he had wouldn't have mattered. That guy wasn't going to the house or field goal range. If it is such a choke, why is an experienced player like Peppers telling him to get down? I know if it was one our guys with 5 minutes and a 12 point lead I would be asking for it too.

The Hawks drove the ball on GB when they weren't making turnovers. It is that simple. The only way GB could stop Seattle was to have Wilson give them the ball. As it turns out, he did it twice on his own and Kearse made it happen twice. Its over, the Packers could not stop Seattle from doing anything they wanted once the TOs stopped. The only real break the Seahawks got was the onside kick. Is it a choke? Because many other teams have failed to field them too. Why do you think they do it?

Did you really make references to what the Pats did in 2003 and 2004? The only thing the Pats have done against Seattle was lose since Wilson took over. There is no previous game, no stat, no cherry picking games from early in the season. All the talk and imagination is nothing more than that. The Hawks are the Super Bowl champs, the Pats are literally 10 years displaced.

Hey, the Pats can beat the Hawks on Sunday. Its football, but there isn't a chance that it is like any game they have played all season long. Enjoy that first half.

Idk, Burnett had a LOT of green in front of him re watching that play. I think he could have gotten in field goal range fairly easily with the right angles. I don't really get what is so aggravating to say that the Packers choked the game away. Of course we had to do our fair share to come back and win it, but a few more aggressive play calls and better clock management and they win that game. Of course its a mute point because we won, but be careful you arent the same guy saying the WE choked away the game to the Ram's etc, and wasn't them winning it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":3dd59s5k said:

The Pats are a tougher team than the Broncos, but still nowhere near the physical style of teams like the Panthers, Rams and Niners..........all teams the Hawks play on a regular basis.

So I hope Pat's fans aren't delusional and think they're going to come into Sunday and match Seattle's physicality. The Pat's can certainly still win, but if they try to get into a brawl with the Hawk's...........they will lose.

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":35c5s9zt said:
Strongarm2399":35c5s9zt said:

The Pats are a tougher team than the Broncos, but still nowhere near the physical style of teams like the Panthers, Rams and Niners..........all teams the Hawks play on a regular basis.

So I hope Pat's fans aren't delusional and think they're going to come into Sunday and match Seattle's physicality. The Pat's can certainly still win, but if they try to get into a brawl with the Hawk's...........they will lose.

Offensively the pats are tougher than all those teams you mentioned which is what I'm referring to

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":26r0tt10 said:
Strongarm2399":26r0tt10 said:

He was going to cross midfield gm sliding was idiotic and peppers was wrong for telling him to do it. If you don't think the packers choked that game away you are dreaming. That 2 pt conversion was pathetic.

You discreding the patriots succes over the last 15 years is just trolling.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Based on Patriot fan posts, I get the sense that they're either accustomed to opposing fan bases kissing their collective asses, or that they're delusional.

We spend the entire season going back and forth with Niner fans. You honestly think we care about your "succes" over the last 15 years on Sunday? We can respect your team's success but their success doesn't excuse or lend credit to your ridiculous posts.

If I want to read about how the rest of the league should appreciate you, I'll go to whatever whole of a board you post on but this is our house. Show some respect or provide something of interest. Not one of you miserable posters have even tried to provide anything remotely interesting. It's either blowing smoke about deflate-gate or mindless jabs about a game that we played our worst football in, and still won.

Step up with some game or step out imo.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Laloosh":3el4rodo said:
Based on Patriot fan posts, I get the sense that they're either accustomed to opposing fan bases kissing their collective asses, or that they're delusional.

We spend the entire season going back and forth with Niner fans. You honestly think we care about your "succes" over the last 15 years on Sunday? We can respect your team's success but their success doesn't excuse or lend credit to your ridiculous posts.

If I want to read about how the rest of the league should appreciate you, I'll go to whatever whole of a board you post on but this is our house. Show some respect or provide something of interest. Not one of you miserable posters have even tried to provide anything remotely interesting. It's either blowing smoke about deflate-gate or mindless jabs about a game that we played our worst football in, and still won.

But that's the confusing thing, the Pat's haven't won the SB in 10 years, and 50% of the reason they win as many games as they have for the past 10 years is because they play in the AFC Least.

So where is all this over confidence coming from? Unless as a Pat's fan you've spent the past 10 years hibernating in a cave somewhere, there's no logical reason to be this confident against a great Hawks team.

Sure you can think you can win, and you should. But all this over confidence and chest thumping screaming about dynasties? That's just full blown delusion.

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Laloosh":1p1c57lp said:

Apparently you didn't read the original post

Laloosh

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":23elxmj1 said:
Laloosh":23elxmj1 said:

Apparently you didn't read the original post

Yeah, I did. Then I read the rest of the blind, vague remarks that have no basis in reality. Tell you what, I'll put the OP in the plus column. Now if only we spotted you another 100, you'd be close to .500 in the crap vs quality ratio.

[edit] btw - you don't get the benefit of deducting posts from the idiot who was banned and re-registered with a different account.

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":28swnd1j said:
Laloosh":28swnd1j said:

But that's the confusing thing, the Pat's haven't won the SB in 10 years, and 50% of the reason they win as many games as they have for the past 10 years is because they play in the AFC Least.

So where is all this over confidence coming from? Unless as a Pat's fan you've spent the past 10 years hibernating in a cave somewhere, there's no logical reason to be this confident against a great Hawks team.

Sure you can think you can win, and you should. But all this over confidence and chest thumping screaming about dynasties? That's just full blown delusion.

Because there is no real reason not to be optimistic. This is the best defense they have had since they won. Bellichick has the pieces to be creative defensively. As good as seattles defense is and they are amazing. It's going to be tough to see them play well in key areas as those Giants teams did.

Also seattles blowout against Denver isn't the norm for them their games are usually close. Just like wilson is with the game on the line brady is the same way both the sb losses he put his team in position to win late in the game and the defense failed him.
All of this leads me to believe that the team with the ball last will be the victor

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
I see no reason why either fan base should be overconfident as I'm definitely not but to each is own

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":3srppxqs said:
Sgt. Largent":3srppxqs said:
Laloosh":3srppxqs said:

Because there is no real reason not to be optimistic. This is the best defense they have had since they won. Bellichick has the pieces to be creative defensively. As good as seattles defense is and they are amazing. It's going to be tough to see them play well in key areas as those Giants teams did.

Also seattles blowout against Denver isn't the norm for them their games are usually close. Just like wilson is with the game on the line brady is the same way both the sb losses he put his team in position to win late in the game and the defense failed him.
All of this leads me to believe that the team with the ball last will be the victor

Usually close? 7/8 games we have won by double digits

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":14c5vll0 said:

Read my statement again, I said I understand optimistic, I don't understand arrogantly over optimistic, which is the majority of what I'm seeing from Pats fans on here, and on Facebook and Twitter in general.

It's either a delusion thing, or a myopic "we don't really pay attention to other teams other than our Pats" thing so we're just thinking we're gonna party like it's 2001.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":2dwjxggz said:
Sgt. Largent":2dwjxggz said:
Laloosh":2dwjxggz said:

Can you qualify the statement about Seattle's defense not being able to play well in key areas? I'm honestly curious what you're using to justify the statement.

Completely agree that blowouts are out of the norm for Seattle but it's also a pretty under appreciated (imo) fact that Seattle has the 2nd highest point differential (8.7) behind New England (9.7). For all of the arguments about Seattle's offense being sub-par, they're 10th in the league in PPG (NE 4th), 5th in weighted DVOA on offense (NE 4th).

Perhaps NE fans think that we overestimate the NFCW and it's collective defense but I honestly don't see how NE fans fail to recognize how good our offense actually is (against really good defenses). We're not confident about our offense because we're just trying to one-up opposing teams' fans. We see the same posts every week and we see the results. Those fans move on and we never hear from them again. They see what happened to their team as an outlier but our DVOA, point differential and W/L column says otherwise.

BTW - By providing your team's stats, I'm acknowledging that their offense is rated higher. I think we make up the difference on the defensive side of the ball.

SEA offense / NE defense (weighted DVOA):
- Rushing: 1 / 14
- Passing: 10 / 12

NE offense / SEA defense (weighted DVOA):
- Rushing: 14 / 2
- Passing: 5 / 3

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Laloosh":21l37zlt said:
Strongarm2399":21l37zlt said:
Sgt. Largent":21l37zlt said:
Laloosh":21l37zlt said:

Can you qualify the statement about Seattle's defense not being able to play well in key areas? I'm honestly curious what you're using to justify the statement.

Completely agree that blowouts are out of the norm for Seattle but it's also a pretty under appreciated (imo) fact that Seattle has the 2nd highest point differential (8.7) behind New England (9.7). For all of the arguments about Seattle's offense being sub-par, they're 10th in the league in PPG (NE 4th), 5th in weighted DVOA on offense (NE 4th).

Perhaps NE fans think that we overestimate the NFCW and it's collective defense but I honestly don't see how NE fans fail to recognize how good our offense actually is (against really good defenses). We're not confident about our offense because we're just trying to one-up opposing teams' fans. We see the same posts every week and we see the results. Those fans move on and we never hear from them again. They see what happened to their team as an outlier but our DVOA, point differential and W/L column says otherwise.

What I mean is the number one key to beating ne Is pressure with 4 with an emphasis on a & b gap pressure. Those Giants nascar dlines were literally in his face before he could finish a 3 step drop. I respect seattles offense but it's because of their division. I think nfcwest is overrated esp this year. Peyton manning had his way with sf and ari. Once sf has aldon bowman and willy on the field I may think otherwise

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":g3v4pwg4 said:
What I mean is the number one key to beating ne Is pressure with 4 with an emphasis on a & b gap pressure. Those Giants nascar dlines were literally in his face before he could finish a 3 step drop. I respect seattles offense but it's because of their division. I think nfcwest is overrated esp this year. Peyton manning had his way with sf and ari. Once sf has aldon bowman and willy on the field I may think otherwise

Bennett is probably the best A&B gap disruptor in the league........so he is a HUGE key for Seattle in creating pressure on Brady so he can't step up.

If I was NE, I'd force Bennett outside by going more with two TE's and Vereen, rather than spread and Blount up the middle, which is how they destroyed the Colts.

As far as the NFC West being overrated? The Hawks went 5-1, and should have gone 6-0, so that doesn't really prove anything. On the other hand the Pat's have been feasting on a terrible AFC Least for I can't even count how many years now.

They SHOULD be in the playoffs every year with home field advantage, cause every year they get a 4 game head start on the rest of the AFC.

LTH

Reaction score
@strongarm2399 having some technical diificulties I appoligize...

Ya know... I honestly believe it was clutch play by the Hawks...

Its easier for you to say the Pack folded than it is to give the credit to the Hawks for believing they could make it happen and then making it happen because of their preparation, leadership and clutch play... This is a forgone conclusion because you have been watching the Pats and not the Seahawks..... (((((NEWS FLASH)))))) The Seahawks have been executing this philosophy on the highest level for the last 2 years so it is a little beyond me why you don't see it... I under stand the national news media is lame... but just know this ...In reality it doesn't really matter what NE does...What matters is how the Hawks execute there game plan... so in a way NE is irrelevant to a certain extent. that sounds a bit arrogant but the truth is, that is reality for the Seahawks...

The other truth is it is irrelevant to me that NE has been in a bunch of SB's.... Its not about what happened last year its about whats hapopening now... I have a bunch of respect for Belicheck and Brady that goes with out saying they are both hall of fame coach and QB let them prove it on the feild Sunday...

Laloosh

Reaction score
Yeah, admittedly our pass rush is better with Hill in there but it's not like they've had much drop-off with Bennett moving inside on passing downs and not having Hill to help in that area. Bring in OB or Irvin to rush the edges with Avril and it's still a nasty pass rush. Kind of funny that it's the only "key area(s)" that you point to.

Completely agree with Largent about trying to force him to line up outside and keep Williams on the field against bigger offensive fronts. Better chance of wearing the pass rush down and force them to respect the run.