MacDonald vs Johnson decision time

getnasty

Reaction score
The fact we're gonna need to develop a QB in the next couple of years I'm gonna lean Johnson. Had we had a long term solution I would actually like Mcdonald better. Both seems like great options though.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
No, Johnson can't be blamed for the drops but they only put up 6 points against the Rams in 2nd half of the WC game too. So two NFC West opponents where they had a bad 2nd half offense outing.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
No, Johnson can't be blamed for the drops but they only put up 6 points against the Rams in 2nd half of the WC game too. So two NFC West opponents where they had a bad 2nd half offense outing.
Exactly.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
The fact we're gonna need to develop a QB in the next couple of years I'm gonna lean Johnson. Had we had a long term solution I would actually like Mcdonald better. Both seems like great options though.
Could get Kafka at OC. He is highly credited by Mahomes for excellent QB coaching.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Macdonald's resume is much more impressive. Given what he has to work with & the opponents he faced. He shutdown Mahomes in the 2nd half. The guy is excellent at making adjustments. He's a defensive wizard. He's unpredictable & keeps teams guessing.

What's not to like!???

TOPHawk

Reaction score
Hopefully not Johnson. The Lions offense disappeared in 2nd half in 2 of the 3 playoff games (Rams and 49ers).
Not really his fault. Two crucial dropped passes on plays that would have succeeded and extended drives. One other dropped pass that could have been a TD, although would have been a great catch. A coach is there to put players in the right place to succeed. It's then up to the player.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
uh oh.. Washington has him on their radar..https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/commanders-to-interview-ravens-dc-mike-macdonald-after-baltimores-afc-championship-loss-per-report/

bigcc

Reaction score
Meanwhile, Macdonald's defense took some punches at the start of that Chiefs game then were in pure lockdown mode. Lamar and the offense lost that game.
They had players in GREAT position, but a couple of those balls were quite literally undefendable... There's not a single player in the nfl that could have deflected/interrupted the early back shoulder throw to kelce for the td, Hamilton (very possibly dpoty) had him draped...

Plays like that aren't a scheme issue

That being said, I'm happy with either, but I'd take Macdonald....

I think our defense requires SIGNIFICANTLY more work than the offense, mediocre OC has an easier road to success given our skill positions than a mediocre DC with this defense

Latest posts