Malcolm Smith

jewhawk

Reaction score
Skip is a world class troll. His job is to say things that will get people riled up, and the responses here show he does it well. I actually agree with him on this one though. Not to knock Smith, he's been huge down the stretch this year and had another good game today, but Avril deserves more credit for the pick-6 play and Maxwell deserves more credit for the fumble. Chancellor was pretty clearly the MVP of our defense in this game. You could also make arguments for Wilson or Harvin deserving the MVP since you can't give it to the defense as a whole.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
It's all good, you know his teammates are probably thrilled for him.

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Reaneypark":37mei8d5 said:
It's all good, you know his teammates are probably thrilled for him.

Especially since (as a 7th Rounder) he is probably one of the guys who could afford that car the least. I always think it's ridiculous when these multi-millionaires win the car.

At least you know it will mean a lot to Smith (not that he's making pennies, but still).

James in PA

Reaction score
Bayless, Sapp, Hodge and countless other media morons are oh so sad tonight! Damn ain't it great?? ;)

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Major kudos on Smith. I like the choice cuz of his contrib this game and as mentioned the game sealing Int from NFCCG that got largely overshadowed. I initially was thinking Avril cuz he caused both Smith's pick 6 but also Kams Int. Both were a force tonight.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
jewhawk":3vowwxi4 said:
Skip is a world class troll. His job is to say things that will get people riled up, and the responses here show he does it well. I actually agree with him on this one though. Not to knock Smith, he's been huge down the stretch this year and had another good game today, but Avril deserves more credit for the pick-6 play and Maxwell deserves more credit for the fumble. Chancellor was pretty clearly the MVP of our defense in this game. You could also make arguments for Wilson or Harvin deserving the MVP since you can't give it to the defense as a whole.

Ya they might of caused the turnover but Smith actually made sure to recover it which is an even larger factor. What happens if the ball just hits the ground or they recover the fumble. Plus he was there for the INT against SF. If he isnt then Sherman just knocks it down and they get another chance.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
So happy for Malcom. Would you have ever thought that Pete Carroll comes to the NFL and the USC Trojan playing the biggest role on his championship team is Malcom Freakin Smith? Thats storybook stuff

OP
OP
HawkFan72

HawkFan72

Reaction score
James in PA":30324nl6 said:
Bayless, Sapp, Hodge and countless other media morons are oh so sad tonight! Damn ain't it great?? ;)

We need to send Hodge a gift basket. That guy's blind hatred in picking against us every game was pure magic.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
As soon as he caught we all knew he was gone.... He smoked Moreno on that return. Speed kills!
:179417:

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Thought Kam should have won it but Smith wasn't a bad choice either...too bad they can't award it to the whole defense

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Wish it could have gone to the whole team, but I like the selection of Malcolm. He's a depth guy who made huge plays with his opportunities. It really says something special about this group.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
MVP could've pretty much went to anyone on the defense, good for Malcolm, definitely deserved it.

Crabhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":277bz2uh said:
Especially since (as a 7th Rounder) he is probably one of the guys who could afford that car the least. I always think it's ridiculous when these multi-millionaires win the car.

At least you know it will mean a lot to Smith (not that he's making pennies, but still).
Hah, that was exactly what I thought about Smith appreciating the car the most of anyone.

I thought it was very symbolic that Malcolm won - he represents the hard work, youth, speed, size, and unconventional nature of not just our D, but our whole team. The fact it was so hard to pick a single MVP for the game is representative of this team. My other choice was Avril - he did the yeoman's work that allowed the opportunistic picks by both Chancellor and Smith. It's not as sexy or visible, but the linemen deserve a great deal of credit for how the whole D played.

But I am happy Smith won. He deserves his time in the spotlight after this game and the NFCGG. I've seen some people call him lucky, but I think he is putting himself in positions to make those plays.