"Manning Deserves It" -- BS

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
NOBODY deserves a Super Bowl. He is part of a team that goes out and earns it. If we were to say someone deserves a Super Bowl, then what about Dan Marino?

No, let's look at it this way? Two Mariners I can think of, Ken Griffey Jr. and Edgar Martinez probably "deserve" World Series rings, but neither has one.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2p5p8pzw said:
He has had a golden slipper his entire life.

I think Manning deserves A LOT more credit than this. The dude is one of the smartest, hardest workers in NFL history.......and singlehandedly changed the way NFL offenses are run with his on field offensive coordinating high tempo no huddle offense.

Be honest, if we weren't Hawk fans, most of us would be rooting for him too. So I'm not sure why people are getting mad at casual fans and media for wanting to see Manning get another ring.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Sgt Largent you don't understand why people are not liking all the Peyton deserves another ring crap? Does Jerome Bettis and retirement ring any bells? I don't think the NFL is stupid enough to do this type of garbage twice but you never know. I want a great game and a cleanly, evenly called battle of the best. I say to refs let them play don't make wishy washy calls.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Kixkahn":lq33wmr5 said:
Sgt Largent you don't understand why people are not liking all the Peyton deserves another ring crap? Does Jerome Bettis and retirement ring any bells?

I understand why WE don't like it, cause we're Hawks fans.

Manning is a likable guy, one of the most likable players in the history of the NFL, so to get all bent out of shape because fans and media members that have no allegiance to Seattle over them wanting Manning to get another ring? That's just not logical. Of course they want someone they respect and admire to win.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2587d8i7 said:
Kixkahn":2587d8i7 said:
Sgt Largent you don't understand why people are not liking all the Peyton deserves another ring crap? Does Jerome Bettis and retirement ring any bells?

Manning is a likable guy, one of the most likable players in the history of the NFL, so to get all bent out of shape because fans and media members that have no allegiance to Seattle over them wanting Manning to get another ring? That's just not logical. Of course they want someone they respect and admire to win.
I just find all this Manning is such a nice guy :pukeface: :pukeface:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Kixkahn":pclhspns said:
Sgt. Largent":pclhspns said:
Kixkahn":pclhspns said:

I just find all this Manning is such a nice guy :pukeface: :pukeface:

I can see that, his awe shucks golly gee personality can grate people the wrong way.

Btw, IMO 50% of this persona is an act. Every player that's played with Manning said he's an F-bombing lunatic in practice.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Manning deserves to have that silver spoon he has had his entire life crammed down his throat.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Since yesterday, I have been hearing more and more folks make reference to this idea. Lots of pro bowl players and former players are pulling for Peyton.

TJH

Reaction score
This entire thread is manufactured feel sorry for me bullshit and people falling into it.

TJH

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1363wucl said:
Sgt. Largent":1363wucl said:
that he was "irritated" that Schneider and Pete flew down there to talk to him -- as if this franchise and the City of Seattle were "beneath him".

He was irritated because he specifically told them not to come and they did anyway. Get a grip.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2gnnf6yu said:
Sgt. Largent":2gnnf6yu said:
Be honest, if we weren't Hawk fans, most of us would be rooting for him too. So I'm not sure why people are getting mad at casual fans and media for wanting to see Manning get another ring.

No way, I've never cheered for him. I've seen the not-so-nice guy behind the scenes too much... it's also come up in public from time to time. The issue with his teammate, the way he tossed his O-Line under the bus after the Pittsburgh loss, the way he fought with his first coach and pushed him out the door....

You are the minority, which is why everyone and every media outlet is all over Manning's jock this week......and why this thread exists.

TJH

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2wimtl29 said:
Sgt. Largent":2wimtl29 said:
That's why Sherman is the bad guy and Manning is Mr. Perfect in this little drama.

Sherman went out of his way and made himself the bad guy. You can't blame the media for that.

Latest posts