"Manning Deserves It" -- BS

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Bronco Bob" Way to make stuff up. Seriously is that all you got? I have a friend whose sister lives in Seattle who said she saw Sherman buying crack down at the fish market! Come on you guys are better than this![/quote said:
Sorry all, wasn't making anything up, but don't want to cause any issues.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Manning's going to have a dirty uniform, and a scowl on his face when this one's over...
Yesterdays, old man.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Bronco Bob":2fkd215i said:
Wenhawk":2fkd215i said:
Manning is a closet womenizer. It's funny how the NFL paints him to be this perfect person, kind of like they did with Tiger Woods. Only reason I know this is a buddy I was deployed with is from Indiana and his sister married an ex nfl kicker who told her about a downtown Indianapolis apt Peyton would take broads too. It blindsided me, I figured all he did in his off time was watch film. But I guess when you make 100+Mil you can do what you want .
Way to make stuff up. Seriously is that all you got? I have a friend whose sister lives in Seattle who said she saw Sherman buying crack down at the fish market! Come on you guys are better than this!
Sadly I think I have to agree with you.

HansGruber

Reaction score
If Peyton Manning really did have a secret pad for banging chicks, I'd have way more respect for him.

Broncos are going to get destroyed and I'm going to laugh my arse off. Peyton's always been a choker, it's fitting that it will remain his legacy.

gulliver

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3nlgn8ka said:
I haven't heard anyone say he deserves it. If anything I have heard people saying the pressure is on him to win or he will always be known as a guy who was great in the regular season but chokes in the big game.
It's only been a week and I've heard that Peyton "deserves it" already two dozen times. He hung in there despite neck surgeries, and won't let backup QBs get any snaps, and went to Denver on the condition that he makes the rules... moreover, not only does Peyton already have a ring, and so does his brother, but so does Denver--in fact, two in about the last 15 years.

To me there is ZERO reason why he "deserves" anything but to meet the best defense of the modern era next Sunday.

And in general, I'm left scratching my head thinking about the people who can overlook all that Peyton has already been entitled to, and how little the Seahawks have been entitled to (including zero rings), and still think he "deserves it."

drdiags

Reaction score
If someone is stating they think Manning deserves a title, it is based on their own feelings. So you can argue until you are blue in the face, they are going to have those feelings/sentimentality. Its a storyline they can document and put out a feel good story to their audiences. Yeah, it may remind you of the Bettis storyline but if a majority pick it up, just be prepared to bombard the networks twitter feeds or other social media.

If Manning and the Broncos win, well that would suck but congrats to them. By mid-week you should know what the themes of the Superbowl will be. This whole week was more about Sherman than Manning. I expect that to change next week. This is a QB league, the main storyline has to revolve around one of the best of all time QBs and his latest saga.

Lynch isn't speaking and Wilson's bloom has faded in the national media's eyes because he isn't putting up great games lately, production wise. So unless Sherman says some outrageous thing next week, it will be about Peyton's quest.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The City of Seattle deserves it.

The entire Pacific Northwest and every long-suffering Seattle Seahawks fan on the Planet deserves it.

I hope Peyton throws his arm out of the socket on his first pass and we get to witness Brock Ossweiler melt down for the next 59 minutes! :stirthepot:

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Deserve's got nothing to do with it!

We're gonna straight up kick his butt.

Hawkman80

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":33annc6c said:
Seattle deserves it. Sonics stolen from us. Chuck Armstrong and Howard Lincoln. 0-12 Huskies. Tim Ruskell.

Not to mention 30-plus years of frustration with "mediocre" teams (Mariners were always bad until the 90's - Seahawks were not quite there yet and regressed) since the Sonics won the NBA championship.

Concerning Manning's behavior off the field, it doesn't surprise me - yes it is morally wrong, if it is true, but as far as I'm concerned he could do whatever the F he wants to. You take a look at the celebrities past and present - they all have skeletons in their closets, and some of them have weathered them well and still make their bread and butter. What's wrong with that? :)

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1frawtig said:
No one deserves anything....they must earn the dang piece of jewelry and trophy. Earn Everything.
Give this man a gold star . Spot on.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
It's similar to Bettis in 2005. The whole "he deserves" it outside of Bronco and Colt fans who still love him will be from the casual fan who doesn't watch much NFL but tunes into the Super Bowl every year. They will jump on the "win one for Peyton" bandwagaon.

Just a tip, if you are want refuge from Peyton mania next week, tune into Dave Dameschuk's podcast. He and Adam Rank are only too happy to point out Manning's record in big games etc :)

hawk45

Reaction score
drdiags":1enlxjvp said:
Lynch isn't speaking and Wilson's bloom has faded in the national media's eyes because he isn't putting up great games lately, production wise. So unless Sherman says some outrageous thing next week, it will be about Peyton's quest.
Yes. If our defense had Ray Lewis, then maybe the national media would have a reason to promote a "great defense" story equal to the "Manning quest" story. Sherman's cockiness doesn't play as well as Lewis's false piety and incoherent pre-game motivational speeches (that his players all rolled their eyes at) however, so while there will be acknowledgement of our defensive ranking, the fawning coverage will be directed at mile-high-forehead.

For a few weeks there when San Francisco lost some games during the season, the media fawned on the Seahawks, building to a crescendo with the Saints demolition. After that, however, we committed the cardinal sin of unimpressive offense, and since then we've been the less attractive story.

And let's face it, when your offense is barely showing up for over a month, I understand a national fear that you are nothing but Kansas City (team with good defense but passing attack feared by nobody whose run will end at some point when the QB is called on to make a play). The passing offense showed signs of life vs. San Francisco, but one game isn't enough to dispel that lingering fear.

warden

Reaction score
If Manning wins he deserves it If he loses, then he didn't deserve it

olyfan63

Reaction score
If it turns out Peyton does/did have a secret babe pad, at least it would appear women go there consensually.
A certain Pittsburgh QB could stand to take some lessons on this.
And if Peyton is that good at not getting caught, well, deception is a skill that is rewarded on the football field.
Therefore, we must conclude that if true, Peyton is just working on his skills of deception, putting in more work on all aspects of his "game", so this extra practice would also make him more deserving.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Victory has to be earned. Screw that "deserves it" crap.

That being said, this town DOES deserve a title. Just sayin

TDBinOLY

Reaction score
The only thing Manning deserves is a press conference next sunday evening in which he has to face pointed and probing questions as to why his team got the living hell beat out of them by the Seattle Seahawks.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Broncomaniac69":s9xjeydd said:
ImTheScientist":s9xjeydd said:
I haven't heard anyone say he deserves it. If anything I have heard people saying the pressure is on him to win or he will always be known as a guy who was great in the regular season but chokes in the big game.

This is pretty much the feel with Bronco fans and the media. It's the do or die a loser type of mentality.

Russell Wilson is a great QB for you guys. We all know that. But, Manning and his experience level is what is giving him the favoritism and experience level of winning this game.

Wilson is still a youngster. Us Bronco fans had to wait for the end of Elway's career to win our trophies. Not the beginning.

I'm not saying that it isn't possible Wilson can win the big one early in his career, I'm just pointing out that between the two and the QB position, we clearly have the edge there and the pressure is on Peyton.

Peyton Manning got his teeth kicked in the last time he played in a Super Bowl. His experience means jack when he's 37 and not nearly as healthy as he was then.

Latest posts