Manziel suspended for first half vs rice

-The Glove-

Reaction score
The guys a little punk. Keep messing around like that and he might get the Remember the Titans treatment.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Dawgs0":3m7vcz98 said:
Awesome Manziel article. Just perfect. :

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/your- ... an-him.php

The title is awesome. "Your opinion on Johnny Manziel tells us more about you than him." What number are you?

For me its the fact that he's a QB. Fair or not, I hold QBs to a higher standard. If it was a WR or a DB pulling off some of his antics I would love it. It shows brashness and swagger. But to me a QB should have quiet confidence, lead by example, and let his play do all the talking and not be a showboater on the field. I like my QBs calm and cool A'la Russell Wilson.

I don't hate Manziel for all of his antics (and I do hate the media obsessing with every thing he does), but I do think NFL GM's will downgrade him for some of the crap he pulls.

Dawgs0

Reaction score
JSeahawks":bywyuq3z said:
Dawgs0":bywyuq3z said:
Awesome Manziel article. Just perfect. :

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/your- ... an-him.php

The title is awesome. "Your opinion on Johnny Manziel tells us more about you than him." What number are you?

For me its the fact that he's a QB. Fair or not, I hold QBs to a higher standard. If it was a WR or a DB pulling off some of his antics I would love it. It shows brashness and swagger. But to me a QB should have quiet confidence, lead by example, and let his play do all the talking and not be a showboater on the field. I like my QBs calm and cool A'la Russell Wilson.

I don't hate Manziel for all of his antics (and I do hate the media obsessing with every thing he does), but I do think NFL GM's will downgrade him for some of the crap he pulls.

I agree that NFL GMs may downgrade him, but I think the fact that he isn't an elite prospect like Luck or RG3, along with the fact that he has a divisive personality, probably drops him down draft boards. I don't think it's just his personality. IMO, his personality wouldn't be a huge factor if he had the talent to be the next great NFL QB.

IMO, if he had RG3's NFL talent and he was that type of NFL prospect, then I don't think NFL GMs would care that much. I think they would be lining up to draft him in the top 5. None of the stuff he's done is an extremely huge deal. I just don't think they would want to take a risk on a guy who isn't the prospect those guys were, along with the character stuff.

But, when he gets drafted he can prove everybody wrong, like Russell did. It's all up to him.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
cover-2":2g3uij2v said:
It doesn't look like he took the punishment too seriously. Here are couple of his antics during the game Saturday.

083113-CFB-AGGIES-JOHNNY-MANZIEL-DC-PI3_20130831155021857_640_480.JPG

083113-CFB-AGGIES-JOHNNY-MANZIEL-DC-PI2_20130831161114867_640_480.JPG
A lot of guys do that. Has nothing to do with the investigation, at least that's what ESPN said. They said it has something to do with Drake, or something like that...

Money10 standard 3520

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what it has to do with. Somebody with half a brain would act like he was capable of using it. Instead he goes and does his autograph and money counting shtick. ESPN can defend him all they want. He's their meal ticket. But their "reporting" is a joke, and Manziel just comes off as a real dick.