Marshawn and Seattle...mutual interest per Ian Rapoport

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Sign me up for the #OneLastRide bandwagon, we have nothing to lose at this point. It's long odds winning a Superbowl even with a healthy roster, and much longer odds at this point for our current team. Why not do some crazy things and take a few chances that will get the crowd even more fired up on Sunday night?

The offensive philosophy argument is so tired at this point in the season that it reminds me of watching a married couple bicker about things from four decades ago. Maybe it's a deliberate strategy by people on both sides to bore the opposition to death.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Well...he is definitely going to be better than Prosise with a broken leg.

I am actually pretty excited about this. I think might be the lift the team needs after the Dumpster Fire yesterday.

John63

Reaction score
andyh64000":3imn4060 said:
Well...he is definitely going to be better than Prosise with a broken leg.

I am actually pretty excited about this. I think might be the lift the team needs after the Dumpster Fire yesterday.

Could be or could be the last straw.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
So excited to have Lynch back and geared up for a final run! Been hoping for years this could somehow happen. The Clink is going to be absolutely rocking Sunday!

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
best case scenario given the situation for the Hawks, good pickup.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Scorpion05":39fo83uw said:
Yea, but ultimately that doesn’t matter.

I don’t get the “unleash Russ” and “scheme around Russ” arguments. I would love that, I’m the biggest Russ defender out there and I get the desire to have him pass more. I feel he’s the most disrespected QB given what he’s done in recent history.

But, we are NOT built to be a pass first offense right now. That argument is saved for the offseason. Lockett is not an ideal number 1 at his size, but more so a 1A. Point is, we don’t have a team supremely built for a pass first offense. We just don’t. There are times they should pass more in games, but our team is built in Pete’s vision to run the football. When we start building our offense more like the Saints I’ll agree. For now, Beast Mode is our best option and frankly, defenses still will not want to tackle him. His strength was never speed, but power.

Remember 2nd half of the season in 2015?

andyh64000

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":126vhqf6 said:
Scorpion05":126vhqf6 said:

I don’t get the “unleash Russ” and “scheme around Russ” arguments. I would love that, I’m the biggest Russ defender out there and I get the desire to have him pass more. I feel he’s the most disrespected QB given what he’s done in recent history.

But, we are NOT built to be a pass first offense right now. That argument is saved for the offseason. Lockett is not an ideal number 1 at his size, but more so a 1A. Point is, we don’t have a team supremely built for a pass first offense. We just don’t. There are times they should pass more in games, but our team is built in Pete’s vision to run the football. When we start building our offense more like the Saints I’ll agree. For now, Beast Mode is our best option and frankly, defenses still will not want to tackle him. His strength was never speed, but power.

Without Duane Brown, Wilson would be carried off on a stretcher if we went pass first.

John63

Reaction score
andyh64000":79iu4x5n said:
pittpnthrs":79iu4x5n said:
Scorpion05":79iu4x5n said:

Without Duane Brown, Wilson would be carried off on a stretcher if we went pass first.

Hmm really first series of last game worked fine. Then we went away from it, back romthe old run and thrown long and get your qb killed. All. Because PC does not like a quick passing game.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Welcome back Marshawn Lynch!

Great to have you back.

We’ve missed you.

Advice to everyone...
ENJOY IT.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":393ih5z9 said:
Scorpion05":393ih5z9 said:

The Panthers game?A big yes.
That should have told you why that ended.

jmahon316

Reaction score
I'm completely fanboying right now, throwing all reason out the window based on memories past...Can you imagine him trucking Bosa?!? How demoralizing he could be to the whole 49er defense if they can't tackle him or bring him down as easily as they expect to?! I'm dusting off my HD projector and for the first time this season my whole living room wall will be the Hawks game!!!

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Now I'm really pissed at myself that I didn't get Monday off so I could come over for the game.

The Clink is going to got nuts when he is announced in the starting line up.

It's a rebuilding season. We are walking away with at least 11 wins, and a playoff berth, and we get to see our all time favorite back reunited with the team.

At this point, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride as far as it takes us.

xray

Reaction score
Maybe Lynch can help ; but that's a stretch when he hasn't played in a year . How can he be in football shape only working out for 2 weeks ? We have to remind ourselves that the NFL is 100% entertainment ; and dusting off a fan favorite like Lynch is pure showbiz . If the Hawks end up in the SB with a rematch with NE and win with Lynch ; we can be certain that the NFL is as fake as pro wrestling ....and we eat it up and love it anyway ...RUN SHAWN RUN :!: :49ersmall:

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Man, I wish I could be there for the game Sunday night.....

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I just hope the hammys are loose. Players that have been out a long time often have those issues. Lynch is not built like a normal rb. Hes built like a tank.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I don't get how anyone could think this is a bad idea. So entertaining.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
It's not like he's going to be the bell cow. Hell, where is it written that he is going to be the starter? But do you really think that he's not capable of busting a couple for a crucial first down or even a TD? Do you realize what a Lynch TD would do to the crowd and even the team? Watching his video, he seems to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder. I don't think he would do this if he wasn't ready. He knows his body. Trust him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts