Marshawn may be that fuel the send the Seahawks over the top

brimsalabim

Reaction score
It may be a good thing for us that the NFL keeps poking Beastmode with a stick. I want him to run angry on Sunday! Heck tell him The Pats are behind it all.

kearly

Reaction score
The Seahawks almost always get their 100 yards rushing, even if Lynch has a quiet day. There have been some games where it felt like Seattle couldn't get the run going at all, and at the end of the game you look at the box score and the Hawks rushed for a buck eighty.

kearly

Reaction score
Alexander":2wup5m8a said:
furi0usbee":2wup5m8a said:
Before you guys get too excited about Beast Mode, by my quick calculations on the ESPN.com stats site, for rushing defenses in 2014, Seattle only played 3 teams in the top 10- Denver (2), San Fran (7) and Cowboys (8). Seattle lost to the Cowboys. They played six teams ranked 16th or worse in total rush defense.

Now, the Patriots ranked 9th in rush defense. So I'm not too worried about Lynch going crazy running the ball.

By DVOA, the Seahawks played 7 teams that defended the run better than the Patriots (14th): Oakland, San Francisco (x2), Washington, Arizona (x2), Philadelphia, St. Louis (x2), and Denver.

In those 10 games, they rushed for 1694 yards on 349 carries, for a healthy 4.85 YPC. And by DVOA they were one of the best rushing offenses of the last 25 years.

So you should be worried about Lynch (and Wilson) going crazy running the ball. Doesn't mean it will happen, but in a battle against two very good teams, the Seahawks rush offense against the Patriots rush defense is arguably the biggest mismatch on either side of the ball.

dropmic.jpg

Laloosh

Reaction score
kearly":3ohci7as said:
Alexander":3ohci7as said:
furi0usbee":3ohci7as said:
Before you guys get too excited about Beast Mode, by my quick calculations on the ESPN.com stats site, for rushing defenses in 2014, Seattle only played 3 teams in the top 10- Denver (2), San Fran (7) and Cowboys (8). Seattle lost to the Cowboys. They played six teams ranked 16th or worse in total rush defense.

Now, the Patriots ranked 9th in rush defense. So I'm not too worried about Lynch going crazy running the ball.

By DVOA, the Seahawks played 7 teams that defended the run better than the Patriots (14th): Oakland, San Francisco (x2), Washington, Arizona (x2), Philadelphia, St. Louis (x2), and Denver.

In those 10 games, they rushed for 1694 yards on 349 carries, for a healthy 4.85 YPC. And by DVOA they were one of the best rushing offenses of the last 25 years.

So you should be worried about Lynch (and Wilson) going crazy running the ball. Doesn't mean it will happen, but in a battle against two very good teams, the Seahawks rush offense against the Patriots rush defense is arguably the biggest mismatch on either side of the ball.

dropmic.jpg
Fyi, the pats fan doesn't know what DVOA is. This is all going over his head.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
chris98251":wic36exh said:
furi0usbee":wic36exh said:

Now, the Patriots ranked 9th in rush defense. So I'm not too worried about Lynch going crazy running the ball. If Lynch isn't having success, I think the Patriots put themselves in a great position to keep Wilson in check. If Jamie Collins is spying Wilson, and we get even a basic rush, and good protection down field, it could be a long day for Wilson.

I think Seattle will certainly try to get a ground game going early. That will be an early test to see how this game shapes up. If Brady and Wilson are going to get in a throwing duel, I'll put my money on Brady any day, and that's only if Blount doesn't get some good yardage on his own. Patriots have been good with mobile quaterbacks this year, so I'm not really worried at all about Wilson. I'm more worried about giving him too much time, and maybe getting some holding calls late in the play.

The first quarter will tell a lot. If Lynch is held to little yards, could be a long day. If Brady is hurried and forcing his throws, could be a long day for him as well. After the first quarter, I think we'll pretty much have each offense set and know what they are going to try for the duration.

So tell me about all these mobile QB's you have played against?

Three of the Pats four losses were against three of the top eight mobile quarterbacks. Their worse loss came against a mobile quarterback in Alex Smith and the 7th ranked defense in KC.

Two things the Pats had trouble with, actually - top ranked D and mobile QB.

SEA has #1 in both categories.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Before we get excited about the best RB in football? Are you serious. You're not supposed to drink the bong water. :roll: