Martindale?

James in PA

Reaction score
yes, add him to the interview list. always thought he was solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rat

Reaction score
Tremendous defensive mind. He's a 3-4 guy, but it's not like we have the personnel to run well what we usually do.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
It’s a great idea to interview a bunch of just fired coaches who failed at their last job. Seems about right.

Rat

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2a3xyb6y said:
It’s a great idea to interview a bunch of just fired coaches who failed at their last job. Seems about right.
I dont know by what measure Martindale "failed". The Ravens D has been among the best in the league under him, and this season he did well keeping it afloat amid a crazy amount of injuries. I dont believe performance is why he's parting ways with Baltimore.

Nothinbutm

Reaction score
Rat":3pyu8ybb said:
Tremendous defensive mind. He's a 3-4 guy, but it's not like we have the personnel to run well what we usually do.

Hasn't Pete essentially said in the past that we run a hybrid 4-3 defense but with 3-4 personnel?

toffee

Reaction score
Nothinbutm":jtnhlx3g said:
Rat":jtnhlx3g said:

Hasn't Pete essentially said in the past that we run a hybrid 4-3 defense but with 3-4 personnel?

We can have a front 3 of Dunlap - Poona/Wood - Green, with Taylor - Brooks - Barton/j adma - BKK to form the 4.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Was is Hasselbeck on the radio that mentioned they showed more 3-4 looks this year? Think so.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Nothinbutm":1s4np6hw said:
Rat":1s4np6hw said:

It's a common description of the 4-3 under defense. Leo, SAM, big end - all those player types are prototypical in both the 3-4 and 4-3 under.

keasley45

Reaction score
Rat":1k9x4bza said:
JayhawkMike":1k9x4bza said:
I dont know by what measure Martindale "failed". The Ravens D has been among the best in the league under him, and this season he did well keeping it afloat amid a crazy amount of injuries. I dont believe performance is why he's parting ways with Baltimore.

Have to disagree there. Their defense was just not good, lacked discipline and often seemed unprepared. I'd want no part of what I saw in baltimore for 17 games this season.

notyou

Reaction score
notyou":bum52jqk said:
My post was about 12 hrs before yours. No big deal though. Good to see others still remember Wink.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, I've always heard people call him Wink. Solid :irishdrinkers:
I'm hoping they do add him to the list of candidates. Just my own opinion, but they need to bring in someone from the outside.

Latest posts