MNF - Patriots @ Panthers

Natethegreat

Reaction score
It was pass interference but quite frankly I don't care. The first pi was bogus anyway and I loved Brady acting like a little you know what at the end there following the refs into the tunnel and screaming his head off. I wonder if he gets penalized for that.

253hawk

Reaction score
Funny how that's not PI but when a ball is thrown 15 yards over the head and out of bounds of anyone the Hawks are covering deep, it's immediate and final.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
The Outfield":3ppetfhj said:
Awkwardness is off the charts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Reporter: Did you ask the ref for an explanation on the last call?
Bill: That was the 4th time that questioned was asked.
-long pause-
Reporter: Sorry.
-long pause-

Laloosh

Reaction score
banksy-elephant-in-room.jpg

Laloosh

Reaction score
Funniest thing is the two former 49er QB's crying about it post-game.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The Outfield":1my7i96m said:
Sarlacc83":1my7i96m said:
Lol. That INT put me back at .3 down. I hate FF.

I'm glad I don't play FF. Sounds like it takes all the fun away.

The end result sucked, but I was on the edge of my seat. So it's a wash.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
253hawk":b38xeqwb said:
Funny how that's not PI but when a ball is thrown 15 yards over the head and out of bounds of anyone the Hawks are covering deep, it's immediate and final.

I agree with the sentiment, but then again, the crew refeering tonight was, IMO, fantastic. They really let the teams play without calling ticky tack crap. The end call was more of the same. If they ref'd the Super Bowl, I bet it'd be a well officiated game.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Great drive by Carolina. Iffy first PI on Carolina. Brutal non-call on the last play. If I were a Pats fan, I'd be furious. They never call uncatchable on a Seahawks' PI call, no matter how far overthrown, but THAT is definitive? Yiiiikes.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I tend to agree with picking the flag up at the end. It was such a close call, but I don't think Gronk could have had a play on it.

Good game doe!

JGreen79

Reaction score
The Outfield":3ew5akac said:
Sarlacc83":3ew5akac said:
Lol. That INT put me back at .3 down. I hate FF.

I'm glad I don't play FF. Sounds like it takes all the fun away.

Funny... Last week in a battle for first place both teams at 7-2, all I needed was a few points to win on Monday night but mike James went down... This week the guy I lost to lost by .3 thanks to that pick.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":celybvq9 said:
I tend to agree with picking the flag up at the end. It was such a close call, but I don't think Gronk could have had a play on it.

Good game doe!

I dont really get this attitude. I mean you said you dont "think" Gronk could have had a play. You're post implies you're at least a little bit unsure, so aren't you forced to give the benefit of the doubt to the victim of the penalty? Like why are you giving the benefit of the doubt to the guy who committed the penalty? If theres any doubt at what could have happened you have to make the call imo

Wartooth

Reaction score
Meh...

Both pretenders, not contenders!

Flotsam in the wake of the Hawks!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":3ax0swes said:

Good game doe!

PI is arguable depending if it was catchable, but defensive holding was pretty blatant to me at the least which still would've been another shot at the end zone.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I can agree on a holding call, but it wasn't catchable so there should have been no PI. We can argue till the cows come home about the contact that was made, but I observed that Gronk only turned to look back and did not try to come back to the ball. If one is trying to catch the ball and/or knows they're getting that type of contact, why would one not try to go back and catch it and at least draw the penalty? He realized that he was 3-4 yards past where the ball was thrown and didn't try to come back to the ball. It lead the referees to believe it was uncatchable.

I have no horse in this race, btw. If anything, I think Carolina winning helps us (with tiebreakers, of all things) and could potentially keep the 9ers out of the playoffs so I don't care about them picking it up. I wouldn't have minded seeing another huck into the endzone.