Moffits Last Tweet?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Some guy is always a black sheep arounfd here. That could be Unger, or TJack, or Tate, or Trufant , or Browner, or Sherman, or Moffitt, and the newest is now Winston Guy. I'm surprised that noone has started in on Quinn or Sidney Rice. at some point last year I recall Zach Miller being in the doghouse here as McCoy has generally been.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Shock2k":h7y8kl80 said:
Man this board can turn a player quick.
Only a few actually dislike the guy, most are joking.

SWEEZY TOOK YER JOBS

NoChops

Reaction score
Moffit played pretty well splitting time last season. They talk about his elbow or whatever, not sure if that was Pete's smokescreen for him or if he was really hurt. But he played well at the end of the season and made just as many plays..if not more, that sweezy in the end. I'm on the bandwagon..he'll start this year.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
When did Moffit become the new .net whipping boy? Jjust because he knows how to cut loose and have fun doesn't mean he's not serious about football. Give the guy a break. I'm glad he doesn't take things too seriously that only leads to misery unless you are Russell Wilson, in that case you're just doing what comes natural. :mrgreen: I have known a lot of very successful people in my life, who in many ways were a lot like Moffit. If you didn't know them personally, you might consider them a screw off, but those that knew them also knew that while they did like to play and have fun when it came down to it they got the job done. Balance in life is not a bad thing.

cdallan

Reaction score
If he's going to redeem himself in our eyes, he should start with a cool new nickname.

He has a beard - how about "War Beaver"?

OkieHawk

Reaction score
cdallan":2zs4ro7z said:
If he's going to redeem himself in our eyes, he should start with a cool new nickname.

He has a beard - how about "War Beaver"?

John "War Beaver" Moffitt, I like it.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
Sounds like an Indian warrior princess, or a Lingerie Football team name. "Vancouver War Beavers"

cdallan

Reaction score
"War Beaver" is Canhawk's copyright (and probably a better idea for a film than the one Spielberg made about a horse), so it's his call.

If that's a no, then I'm happy to go with "The Mof".

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
formido":3ezbylbk said:
No, I think the point about the lifting championship is important. You don't just goof off your way into something like that, not even in high school. Plus, that remembering every play bit--it sounds like he takes his job seriously, however he acts in social situations. Thanks for providing a counterpoint.

I agree. That shows hard work and determination at an early age. Also, it's funny you picked up on the 'every play' part because he actually said it with conviction. I almost started to laugh when he said it, just because our exchanges had been very funny up til then. But he wasn't even smiling and I came away thinking, even if that's an exaggeration, I'd bet there's a lot of truth in that statement.

themunn":3ezbylbk said:
somebody called him "weak" due to his combine result of 23 reps, but for O-Line bench-press isn't as important as you think, leg strength and back strength are far more important, as your arms are going to be close to locked most of the time anyway.

For the record, James Carpenter is at the moment considered "possibly the strongest guy on the team". Anyone care to hazard a guess at his combine result in the BP?

I'll give you a clue, it's a number I've mentioned already

Good point. Physically, those guys match up very well. James just somehow looks the part better. Ironically, Carp's combine scouting report lists his first attribute as being highly durable and that he stayed on the field in college. I hope for him and the team that he can regain that reputation.

pinksheets":3ezbylbk said:
Moffitt just reminds me of that obnoxious self-conscious chubby kid who tried to be the class clown by spewing out Austin Powers references. Neither funny or clever, mostly annoying and sad. I really don't get the appeal of the guy on a personal level. I hope he works out as a player for the Seahawks' sake, but I won't be sad if he ever does get cut.

I won't debate your personal taste, but the example doesn't make sense to me. The kid (or adult, for that matter) trying to get attention with Austin Powers quotes is unoriginal, uncreative, and untimely. I can't think of a single instance on the RRR when Moffitt was stealing material, or ripping off movie lines, or spewing anything derivative for attention. Can you point to anything specific he has said or done that was? If not, then what exactly is "sad" about a guy making his teammates laugh?! Both Pete Carroll and Kam Chancellor put Moffitt on their lists of 3 Seahawks you'd want with you if stuck on a deserted island. Has he just faked them out and hidden his true "annoying and sad" schtick from them? Again, your preference of personality is all yours and I'm not questioning it. But why does he remind you of a hypothetical kid that does something we haven't seen Moffitt do?

CANHawk":3ezbylbk said:
Sure, i'll use it again:

CANHawk is totally not going to attack Lynden WA. with a tractor trailer full of War Beavers. :34853_tinfoil:

@Clock: awesome story brah.

Cheers, Canhawk. Let's just make sure we don't confuse the War Beavers with those nutjobs making baskets in the corner of the pub. You know, the Bar Weavers.

CANHawk

Reaction score
cdallan":acyvsy3z said:
"War Beaver" is Canhawk's copyright (and probably a better idea for a film than the one Spielberg made about a horse), so it's his call.

If that's a no, then I'm happy to go with "The Mof".

It would do me a great honour to have a Hawk take on the moniker of War Beaver.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
John Moffitt also got a lot of work with the starting unit at right guard, earning this praise from Carroll: “He’s in the best shape since we’ve had him. He’s in better shape than when he got here. He’s leaner and I think stronger than he’s been. Another guy to mention is (OL) Mike Person, like (tight end) Sean McGrath, you can see the benefits of being here year round. It really has made a difference for those guys.”

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/ ... -and-more/

bobk3333

Reaction score
Killa Kam":39c472ok said:
John Moffitt also got a lot of work with the starting unit at right guard, earning this praise from Carroll: “He’s in the best shape since we’ve had him. He’s in better shape than when he got here. He’s leaner and I think stronger than he’s been. Another guy to mention is (OL) Mike Person, like (tight end) Sean McGrath, you can see the benefits of being here year round. It really has made a difference for those guys.”

It's great that he is getting in shape, but he still does not look like an athlete:

942407_558030224241938_1864259826_n.jpg

..and he thinks he has a hot package.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I don't really care if he makes the Seahawks laugh, I don't find him remotely clever and his shtick just gets tired. That's where I'm drawing the comparison: trying really, really hard to always be super funny and goofy...and failing miserably. He's also not very good, so I couldn't care less if we got rid of him.

Hawks46

Reaction score
"It's great that he is getting in shape, but he still does not look like an athlete"

Most Offensive Linemen I've ever seen don't look like athletes. Unless we're talking about competitive eating contests.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
pinksheets":3vpywx7t said:
I don't really care if he makes the Seahawks laugh, I don't find him remotely clever and his shtick just gets tired. That's where I'm drawing the comparison: trying really, really hard to always be super funny and goofy...and failing miserably. He's also not very good, so I couldn't care less if we got rid of him.
Wasn't he drafted in like 2011? Matt hasselbeck was also a goofball, he was pretty pathetic his first few years as well.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
bobk3333":qy2d2tg9 said:
Killa Kam":qy2d2tg9 said:

It's great that he is getting in shape, but he still does not look like an athlete:

942407_558030224241938_1864259826_n.jpg

..and he thinks he has a hot package.

In front of Walter Jones' framed Pro Bowl jersey, no less.

Disgraceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.