Moffits Last Tweet?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I think we'e seen this scenario before with Max Unger. I hope Moffitt can have the same type of career that Unger has now.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hopefully he pulled out of social media to concentrate on his game. He brings it pretty well when he's on, and he's an intelligent creature, so I'd say there's hope for him. Tom Cable indicated that he is inconsistent, which tells me he just has to put in the work to get his head and his game straight.

Now for the subjective stuff. Posters who knock him, or even hate him, because of his easy-going personality and somewhat imaginative/far out takes on things must lead a pretty miserable existence. :pukeface: Who could possibly not like an OL player who looks like the Geico man? :snack:

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
bobk3333":1l99gntk said:
It's great that he is getting in shape, but he still does not look like an athlete:

My god, what do you expect a 300+lb guy to look like? His job to be strong, as fast as possible at his size, and not to be skinny. That takes calories and stored energy. You want him to be an OL or to have low body fat? Some of the things you guys look for to bash a guy is just stupid & out of touch.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
CANHawk":1rlu0gei said:
cdallan":1rlu0gei said:
CANHawk":1rlu0gei said:
It clearly means he is an alien, who after many years living among us has collected enough useful information to assist the coming invasion and has decided to return to his home world.

You're saying he's Canadian?

uhhh.... no. I... ahhh... don't know what you're talking about... Canada has no plans to invade you.... <nervous laugh> I don't know where you got that idea...... :34853_tinfoil:

Why am I loading these war beavers into this catapult you ask? heh, heh... No reason in particular... no reason at all....... :34853_tinfoil:
Don't forget the rotten dead cow. Great stuff to throw.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I don't get the Moffitt hate. He's a breath of fresh air IMO. He doesn't take himself too seriously, he doesn't mind interacting with fans, and he loves bacon.

Floridahawk79

Reaction score
-The Glove-":q1fhev0m said:
I don't get the Moffitt hate. He's a breath of fresh air IMO. He doesn't take himself too seriously, he doesn't mind interacting with fans, and he loves bacon.

:13:

OkieHawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":jk0yxh9l said:
Moffitt is joking when he says he doesn't work out.

http://www.ctbulletin.com/articles/2011 ... viewmode=3

Of course he is, and most of us realize that, but some *cough* BFS *cough* seem to think that what people say is literally what they are doing. I like Moffitt and hope he is a hawk for years to come. Of course, some of the people who don't like John are the same ones who don't like what Sherman does off the field either :roll:

Bakergirl

Reaction score
OkieHawk":qljo2bis said:
sc85sis":qljo2bis said:

Of course he is, and most of us realize that, but some *cough* BFS *cough* seem to think that what people say is literally what they are doing. I like Moffitt and hope he is a hawk for years to come. Of course, some of the people who don't like John are the same ones who don't like what Sherman does off the field either :roll:

Also known as wet blankets. :mrgreen:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Bakergirl":cgfy2tim said:
OkieHawk":cgfy2tim said:
sc85sis":cgfy2tim said:

Also known as wet blankets. :mrgreen:
Sums that up well I think. :lol:

themunn

Reaction score
bobk3333":rvsdma13 said:
Killa Kam":rvsdma13 said:
John Moffitt also got a lot of work with the starting unit at right guard, earning this praise from Carroll: “He’s in the best shape since we’ve had him. He’s in better shape than when he got here. He’s leaner and I think stronger than he’s been. Another guy to mention is (OL) Mike Person, like (tight end) Sean McGrath, you can see the benefits of being here year round. It really has made a difference for those guys.”

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/ ... -and-more/

It's great that he is getting in shape, but he still does not look like an athlete:

942407_558030224241938_1864259826_n.jpg

..and he thinks he has a hot package.

for a guy who weighs nearly 150kg he probably has a smaller waist than half the posters on here

SDHawk

Reaction score
Moffitt has a bright future as a comedian and underwear model. One suggestion, wearing a cup may reduce the appearance of a massive camel toe.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Officially jumping on the Moffitt-is-adequate-or-better fanwagon...
During those drives against the Bears to win the game in crunch time, it was MOFFITT in the game, and when you watch #74, he seems to be doing the job. Except on one Beastmode 15 yard run Sweezy was in and pretty much de-cleated a couple Bears to allow it to happen. At least, that's what I assumed, until I saw good ol' Moffitt's #74 was on the delivering end, and decided to check my assumptions at the door.
Maybe the Moffitt haters who are ALSO college-or-better Offensive Line coaches can educate us all by pointing out all the flaws in Moffitt's game in those two series.
Seriously. I thought Moffitt looked good there, but a true OL play expert might see issues/missed assignments not obvious to the masses. But then, Carroll is calling out Moffitt to be more consistent. Was this game/2 key series a high point for Moffitt?
[youtube]DvoJmpIXfVc[/youtube]

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Dang that video is incredible. On the Go ahead TD Drive there were countless clutch plays. My memory had it down as all Russell Wilson.

But there is a near INT broken up by a heady Sidney Rice.

A very clutch grab and run by Baldwin on 3rd and 14 on a pass that appears to be thrown behind him on a quick slant.

The fourth down snag by Miller.

And, of course, Golden Tate with a nifty catch and run for the TD.

Throw in the yards gained by Marshawn and RW and you have a really really nicely distributed team drive.

Nice work, Seahawks!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Oh, wait. I'm sorry. Was that video about Moffitt?? Meh. I have to hand it to him. He made some really funny blocks.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2f6xsdad said:
Oh, wait. I'm sorry. Was that video about Moffitt?? Meh. I have to hand it to him. He made some really funny blocks.

I like your alias better.

olyfan63

Reaction score
bestfightstory":sep8fj3a said:
Around 1:05 on the video, Moffit seals the D-Line to the inside, then as he knows Lynch is out of his D-Line assignment's range, he quickly comes off that block and seals off a pursuing linebacker. Granted, the Bears were expecting pass, but Moffitt did his job well on that play.

Moffitt's #74 is pretty easy to pick up on most plays, and the angles in the video are such that you can see what he does on most plays. To me Moffitt's presence in the Chicago video shows that the coaches have confidence in Moffitt in passing situations, that Moffitt's a better pass-pro guy than any other option that was available.

Moffitt haters/backers who really know OL play, like ex-coaches or players at college level and higher, jump in and critique Moffitt's play on these two key drives. Or post another *game* video sequence showing where Moffitt sucks/rules and why. (Please no videos of Moffitt pissing) I suppose even if you even just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once five years ago, that would be close enough on the OL expertise, so yeah bestfightstory, even you, share what you see. Inquiring minds want to know.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I understand o line play very very well. As well as online play, for that matter. But I fail at technology. Sorry. Important to know one's limitations.

Maybe ask Tom Cable? Or JR it ain't easy being SWEEZY?

It would be great to see a breakdown of Moffit's reps. And Sweezy's reps. If somebody with the time and interest wanted to do that.

fsmassey

Reaction score
olyfan63":370fciab said:
bestfightstory":370fciab said:
Around 1:05 on the video, Moffit seals the D-Line to the inside, then as he knows Lynch is out of his D-Line assignment's range, he quickly comes off that block and seals off a pursuing linebacker. Granted, the Bears were expecting pass, but Moffitt did his job well on that play.

Moffitt's #74 is pretty easy to pick up on most plays, and the angles in the video are such that you can see what he does on most plays. To me Moffitt's presence in the Chicago video shows that the coaches have confidence in Moffitt in passing situations, that Moffitt's a better pass-pro guy than any other option that was available.

Moffitt haters/backers who really know OL play, like ex-coaches or players at college level and higher, jump in and critique Moffitt's play on these two key drives. Or post another *game* video sequence showing where Moffitt sucks/rules and why. (Please no videos of Moffitt pissing) I suppose even if you even just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once five years ago, that would be close enough on the OL expertise, so yeah bestfightstory, even you, share what you see. Inquiring minds want to know.

bestfightstory already gave us his insight. Moffit made some funny blocks. Oh, you were expecting something a little more intellectual? :roll:

bestfightstory

Reaction score
fsmassey":3463087o said:
olyfan63":3463087o said:
bestfightstory":3463087o said:

bestfightstory already gave us his insight. Moffit made some funny blocks. Oh, you were expecting something a little more intellectual? :roll:

What's up, prelag?

Status
Not open for further replies.