Most liked 'sleeper'/'forgotten' Hawks.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Well, my wife, who still uses a password containing Lofa's name to this day - would completely agree with you.

For some reason I COMPLETELY forgot that Lofa's ripped pec was friendly fire. I was just looking him up for laughs and forgot that he ripped it in a collision with Deon Grant - who could make this list IMO.

Sunday night game in Seattle - it was priceless - i have a picture of the cable cam after it came loose hanging over Deon's head as he looked up at it - his expression is hilarious - thought it was gonna fall on him!
AND here's the pic of the camera and Deon!

IMG 2943IMG 2951

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Okay - Here's the Anti Most Hated Seahawk thread. This is your vote for a hawk that might have been under-appreciated - or a sleeper type vote.

I'll open with the same dude from my response in another thread: Joe Jurevicius.

And Emeril style (my 90's are showing) - BAM! I'll hit you with: Leon Washington!

I know there's plenty of others..... ;)
Totally forgot about pork chop!

IMG 2922

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Good call on Rogers. I remember his kickoff return for a TD in the playoff game vs. Dolphins in 1999. He fumbled the kickoff, picked it up and then took it to the house....

IIRC, this was the last pro football game in the Kingdome.

Nice find!

Ugh, that game. Final game ever to be played in the Kingdome. I was there and I wanted us to win so badly. Just a giant THUD to end the Kingdome Era. Then the Dolphins proceed on to the next week and get SMOKED.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Fredd Young is another great one.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sam McCullum, Keith Simpson, Terry Taylor, Lyle Blackwood, John Harris, Kerry Joseph. Lets not forget a short timer here but taught Kam how to be a pro, Lawyer Milloy.

NoGain

Reaction score
I nodded at the John L. Williams, Robbie Tobeck, Rufus Porter, Brandon Mebane, and Jermaine Kearse shout-outs for each their own reasons.

I might add Zach Miller to the list. Short but valuable stint with the Hawks.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Zach Miller is one of my all time favorite Hawks. Great hands, team leader and a VERY good blocker. If anything, they should have thrown him the ball a lot more.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Zach Miller is one of my all time favorite Hawks. Great hands, team leader and a VERY good blocker. If anything, they should have thrown him the ball a lot more.
He was considered one of the better receiving TEs before he came to Seattle. It’s a shame we didn’t use him more there.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
Manu Tuiasosopo. If for no other reason that it's fun to say, "Manu Tuiasosopo".

I was always a big fan of fellow-lefty Jim Zorn and his favorite receiver, Efren Herrera...
Came to my school to do one of the classic 'set goals and follow your dreams' school things. Largest human I had ever seen up to that point, the the very first player I began specifically looking for during games. Easy to find - his name was so long...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Man, there's some great names being brought up in this thread. One of my favorites in a while.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Yea - I thought he went back home to Cleveland for his kid or something didn't he?

I am aware that he left of his own volition -
I'm not sure if his kid entered into the equation, but he did sign with the Browns because it brought him back closer to his family.
Fredd Young is another great one.
Fredd Young was a great special teams player, one of the best in franchise history, but he was just so-so as a linebacker. One of our biggest fleece jobs (before the Russell Wilson trade) was when we traded Young to the Colts for 2 first rounders.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I always liked Bryan Millard, an offensive guard in the late 80's, played for us for 9 seasons. He never made the Pro Bowl, but there were a lot of deserving players from South Alaska that didn't get selected.