Most liked 'sleeper'/'forgotten' Hawks.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
My Fav Seahawk already mentioned - Mack Strong.

One never talked about enough in football circles is Jacob Green. Only Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor had more sacks when he retired.
Mack is one of my top 5 all time Seahawk favorites. Dude showed up to camp as a UDFA with his shoes in a garbage bag and went on to block for 5 (iirc) different 1000 yard rushers. One of the best of the last generation of true FBs.

schkoot

Reaction score
My first pics have been mentioned by other people, but I can't help but notice Lofa isn't on anyone's list. He's on mine.

I also enjoyed Kitna in his time. He isn't getting on the Seahawk Mt. Rushmore or anything, but the dude had some spark to him. The end of the DE era hawks was ALMOST a good time.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned “The Real Rob”?

Mike Rob, Michael Robinson

I can’t prove it but I think/suspect that he played a big role in the maturation of “Beast Mode” #24 Marshawn Lynch as a man and a player.
He was/is one of my favs, I know that he was a big ingredient in the Chemistry of our entire team while he was with us.

Lawyer Miloy :
is another that I believe played a big role. Maybe not as much on the field as off. Again I believe he probably played the mentor role to some important up and comers at a pivotal time.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Mack is one of my top 5 all time Seahawk favorites. Dude showed up to camp as a UDFA with his shoes in a garbage bag and went on to block for 5 (iirc) different 1000 yard rushers. One of the best of the last generation of true FBs.
I don't think Mack belongs on the list. Any Seahawk fan worth their weight has a very deep appreciation for his contributions, and he made a couple of Pro Bowl teams, so you can't really call him a 'sleeper.' IMO Mack is arguably the best all around fullback we've ever had, with the only possible contender for that honor being John L. Williams.

RiverDog

Reaction score
My first pics have been mentioned by other people, but I can't help but notice Lofa isn't on anyone's list. He's on mine.

I also enjoyed Kitna in his time. He isn't getting on the Seahawk Mt. Rushmore or anything, but the dude had some spark to him. The end of the DE era hawks was ALMOST a good time.
I'm actually the opposite with regards to Lofa. IMO he was overrated, an undersized linebacker who was one dimensional, very good in pass coverage but got washed out on a lot on running plays.

Tatupu was highly decorated, made the Pro Bowl three times, so at the very least, I don't think he can be put on a 'sleeper' list.

Last edited:

FPD

Reaction score
I don't think Mack belongs on the list. Any Seahawk fan worth their weight has a very deep appreciation for his contributions, and he made a couple of Pro Bowl teams, so you can't really call him a 'sleeper.' IMO Mack is arguably the best all around fullback we've ever had, with the only possible contender for that honor being John L. Williams.

You're right - Mack was no sleeper. And he was absolutely the best FB the Hawks have ever had. SA doesn't get an MVP, all those yards, nor TD's without him. He had an awesome 14 year career. Blocked for Three different 1,000 yard rushers. Definitely not a sleeper.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sleeper for Seattle especially going up to the Holmgren years were many, maybe not so much locally and fans of the Seahawks which were much fewer back then, the National guys rarely took notice of South Alaska and Egypt as they referred to our location. You had to have a Easley, Tez, Largent even took a long time to get his deserved recognition.

Why Monday Night Football was so great, Broadcasters were always calling us upstarts, we played a lot of Legacy teams and were expected to lose most games. Seahawks were not the television draw it was the Cowboys, Raiders, Broncos etc. Yet our record on Monday Night Football is great, second only to the Raiders I think as far as winning percentage back then. We won over many fans beating the legacy teams consistently. Not only that when we played strange things always happened during the game or Broadcast.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
No doubt. TE's are legit weapons.
someone should remind PC of that in the offseason and tell him to let waldron do his thing for the whole season!

So pissed he handcuffed him last 1/2 of the season last year.

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
Fun thread. Here's a blast from the past: Michael McCrary (DE, Wake Forest, Drafted in the 7th round by the Seahawks in 1993). Played on what I consider the greatest front four in Seahawks history (1996 team). That year, not only did McCrary have 13.5 sacks, but that entire line of McCrary (13.5) , Michael Sinclair (13), Sam Adams (5.5), and Cortez Kennedy (8) had a total of 40 sacks just by themselves. He parlayed that breakout season with the Seahawks into a Free Agent contract with the Ravens, where he went on to record 6 sacks during the Dominant 1999 Ravens playoff run, including 2 in Super Bowl XXXV.

I'd also give a nod to a couple of Linebackers who never really got their due: Anthony Simmons and Terry Wooden.

Reaction score
Okay - Here's the Anti Most Hated Seahawk thread. This is your vote for a hawk that might have been under-appreciated - or a sleeper type vote.

I'll open with the same dude from my response in another thread: Joe Jurevicius.

And Emeril style (my 90's are showing) - BAM! I'll hit you with: Leon Washington!

I know there's plenty of others..... ;)
This might be a reach but there was a linebacker back in the eighty's by the name of Fred Young, he was a cross between Kam and Kenny Easley...

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
First name I thought of was Mack Strong. On that same theme about Dan Doornink? A big part of that playoff win the Curt Warner was hurt.

For my last one, I could have picked one of a few guys from that line but I am going with Breno Giacomini. Hearing some of the guys talk about that 2013 team and that o-line makes me feel like I didn't appreciate what a bunch of tough brawlers they were. I picked that name cause it's fun to say :)

Hotchy

Reaction score
Seahawks have a history of great safeties. One guy that I really liked that's forgotten is Darryl Williams. Still remember that hit on Raiders TE Dudley

Last edited:

bsuhawk

Reaction score
Seahawks have a history of great safeties. One guy that I really liked that's forgotten is Darryl Williams. Still remember that hit on Raiders TE Dudley

Ouch...in today's game that's 15 yards, an automatic first down, an ejection, and a fine.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Dave Brown, dude was a ball hawk and a damn good CB. Dr. Dan Doornink, Paul Skansi, John L Williams, Big Play Babs.