NFC West Training Camp

Smellyman

Reaction score
ringless":jjew20wq said:
OT from NFC west training camp news but interesting.

I saw today besides Terrell Pryor who is just a project/tryout at WR for the Browns. Their Tallest WR is 5'10", their 2nd tallest is 5'8" then 5'7" and 5'6"

While their possible QB in Manziel is also only 6'

That could be interesting. That is one small offense. Even their RB is 5'11

Where would you see that?

The first 3 I looked up. stopped after that.

Brian Hartline 6'2
Dwayne bowe 6'2
Vince Mayle 6'2

RedAlice

Reaction score
ringless":b6x3hbs2 said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000509128/article/todd-gurley-likely-to-miss-start-of-season-for-rams

Todd Gurley is going to miss the start of the season. Too bad, was hoping to watch him run all over that Seahawks D :p

I don't expect to see him on field for the beginning few weeks. Or so.

Patience.

BTW: Not camp news, but significant. Today, finally the RAMS are replacing the Sam Bradford Big Huge Large poster that you see over the door for the Rams Dome Stadium. They are finally doing it!!!!

Bye Bye B!

UP with FOLES!

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sorry...been licking my wounds a bit since the Aldon thing...49er camp update from yesterday...

Practice No. 10 recap: Kaepernick delivers ‘Vernon Post II'; McDonald opens well

Posted on August 12, 2015 by Cam Inman

Practice neared its end and twilight was descending on the 49ers practice field when Colin Kaepernick and Vernon Davis connected on one of the nicest plays of training camp.

Davis lined up on the left side, with Tramaine Brock bluffing as if he was going to blitz from the slot. Davis shot off the line, Brock followed, and so did a perfect, 20-yard pass from Kaepernick into the end zone.

Davis celebrated with a resounding spike toward Brock’s feet and would have been flagged for taunting. Brock didn’t take offense, and Davis soon was greeted in the end zone by a joyous Kaepernick.

It may have been Kaepernick’s best day of camp, and watching from afar were his parents, Rick and Teresa, along with other players’ families.

Kaepernick opened 11-on-11 drills with a 40-yard pass that tight end Vance McDonald made a spectacular dive to catch. Blaring on the field’s speakers was AC/DC’s “T.N.T,” the start of a diverse song set to get the 49ers’ prepared for playing in a loud dome on the road, assuming that is the case in Houston.

— One play seemed like it could become the go-to one this season:

Torrey Smith lined up left and went deep. Kaepernick faked a handoff, then found Anquan Boldin across the middle for a move-the-chains completions. Deep threat? Check. Play-action fake? Check. Boldin? Yes, please.

— Jarryd Hayne, who’s slated to see plenty of action Saturday, had several carries, two of which resulted in harder-than-usual hits from Desmond Bishop and Ahmad Brooks. Hayne also caught a pass from Blaine Gabbert and showed nice moves up the right sideline.

— Scariest moment: NaVorro Bowman got sent to the turf when he collided with Davis on the tight end’s crossing route. Bowman wondered aloud afterward what Davis was doing, and Davis promptly apologized.

— Fumbled snaps are a concern more this year than in recent training camps. Joe Looney has been relatively clean but did have a shotgun snap go askew in red-zone action. Rookie Ian Silberman, listed at second-team ahead of Dillon Farrell, also had a bad shotgun snap, to Blaine Gabbert.

— Safety Antoine Bethea had the day off and watched in shorts.

— Wide receivers Bruce Ellington and linebacker Philip Wheeler remain out with leg strains.

— Wide receiver Dres Anderson (soreness) did not practice.

— Boldin made a nice catch while drawing contact from Keith Reaser in the end zone during one-on-one drills.

— Rookie wide receiver DeAndrew White flashed again, making a leaping grab of a Gabbert pass in the end zone, also in one-on-one action.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
More General updates from 9ers TC so far:

* Getting to the line with a lot of time on the playclock has been an emphasis all TC, unlike under Harbaugh when they were regularly having to burn timeouts because they couldn't get plays off. Also regarding play calling, they've switched to mimicking game-time situations with Chryst relaying in plays to Logan who relays to Kaepernick, who actually calls plays in the huddle. (Due to the loose lips of Frank Gore, it came out that crazy-man Harbaugh had found another way to not realize he's not still a player, and in practices he would stand in the huddle and call all the plays as if he was the QB :lol:)

* The right side of the O-Line has generally looked really bad, although it has improved a bit in the past few days. Kilgore (starting center) has gone from crutches to a walking boot in the last week. Of all the losses this offseason, Davis at RT seems to be the one they're far and away least equipped to replace. 9ers fans were hoping they'd bump Boone out to RT but they've moved him over to LG so that his stance will be the same if Staley goes down at LT. Trent Brown looks like the 7th round pick he is (the excitement from OTAs has dissipated), and Silberman has really been struggling with shotgun snaps (they want him to be able to backup at G and C as justification to roster him).

* The defense under Mangini will be blitzing a lot more. Staley said they've blitzed more in these 10 days of practice than they've blitzed in the last 3 years combined. This could also be causing some of the O-Line's protection issues.

*They've incoporated a ton of more passes to RBs into the attack, and Kap has generally looked better than he ever has before on short passes, while struggling with the long ball as he's trying to get his accuracy right while incorporating more loft to his long passes. With the offense being installed and all the blitzing he's also thrown a few picks due to mistaking coverages, although nobody is more worried about it than usual at this stage. Gabbert is also having his best camp in a 9ers uniform, which is of course saying very little.

* Shareece Wright has been playing well. They cut Chris Cook for a very back of the roster WR (which they already have a ton of), meaning they seem to right now feel pretty good about their CB depth and young CBs.

* RBs (save for Gaskins, who won't make the team) have been struggling in blitz pick-up.

* DeAndrew White (UFA WR who played across from Amari Cooper) has been playing his way onto the roster as a WR throughout camp so far, showing very sure hands and coming down with a ton of balls every practice. He also adds value as a return man and a gunner, meaning if he keeps it up he might snag a roster spot from Simpson or Patton. All the other UFA WRs haven't shown much of anything.

*DL might be the deepest position group on the team this year.

* Vance McDonald still looks inconsistent, and Blake Bell has been flashing a bit, although still making the transition to TE. Davis so far seems to be rejuvenated from last year.

*The starters will be playing the whole first quarter on Saturday, and Hayne will get a lot of work throughout the game (despite having put pads on for the first time just two weeks ago).
* Eli Harold (OLB rookie) has been flashing a lot, and reports about Arik Armstead so far have been positive.

* Ward has yet to practice, and Tartt is sidelined with a foot thing too. Most 9ers fans are hoping they come back strong and soon so that the team can cut Dahl.

* With Wilhoite out Moody has been making his case as a starter. I've never liked him that much (he lunges when he tackles, can get washed out too much, and over-pursues), but supposedly he has really developed. We'll see. Skov has also been playing pretty well, and appears quicker. I think people were assuming that some of the older ILBs (e.g. Wheeler and Bellore) would beat these guys out, but that doesn't seem to be the case so far.

*Pinion is just booming punts every day, and is also so far looks like he'll double as the KOS, and may even be the guy for 50+ yard FGs.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I'm seeing posts and rumors that it's gonna be hard to even get into Rams camp tomorrow. W?

Well, I'm taking the train up from here to there and land there at 10:30am. Gonna be a bit annoyed if I then can't see a scrimmage that starts at 4pm.

But, I guess, if it's that crazy.....it's cuz LA loves the Rams. So, :thirishdrinkers:

RedAlice

Reaction score
Rams camp in Oxnard is AWESOME!!!!!!

I have never been able to experience what you Hawk fans get at home. This is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

RAMS fans everywhere. Ones like me. It's so bizarre just to look around. I love it.

I got a little kiss on the cheek from Chris Long and I accidentally walked into Tony Romo at the hotel when I was texting and not looking where I was going. He's cute!!

I'm staying at the hotel on site where the Boys are and they did their morning drills right in front of where my room is. Woulda been cool if it was the Rams, I don't much care about Cowboy players. Interesting though and got to chat for a while with one of the D Boys coaches.

:D :D :D :D :D

I love the Rams in LA.

Will give some Actual football posts on the train home tonight.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
@kentsomers 4h4 hours ago
CB Jerald Powers said rookie WR JJ Nelson is further along than WR John Brown was at this point a year ago.

John Brown is looking to have a bigger impact this year. He lived with Carson Palmer over the summer and they practiced the routes, timing, and play study as well.

MichaelFloyd ‏@MichaelMFloyd 4h4 hours ago
Stitches out. Everything is coming along.#progress (Unknown if he will be ready at the start of the season)

Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki 3h3 hours ago
All eight running backs will be practicing today. (Ellington, Taylor, Williams, Hughes, Grice Lasike, D. Johnson & C. Johnson) #CardsCamp

It looks like we are the healthiest we have been all off-season as well. I believe Weatherspoon is still out with a hammy injury which is disappointing. Corey Peters may be able to make up for the loss of Dan Williams which I believe was our biggest loss on Defense.

With the signings of Lyle Sendlein, Gresham, and Chris Johnson I think all of those provide a lot more depth on an already deep team in case things go wrong there wont be such a deep drop off in talent.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
@Cardschatter 9m9 minutes ago
G Mike Iupati walking to the locker room with athletic trainer Chad Cook. Ted Larsen in at 1st team LG. #CardsCamp

Marvin49

Reaction score
ringless":8l3oy1iv said:
G Mike Iupati walking to the locker room with athletic trainer Chad Cook. Ted Larsen in at 1st team LG. #CardsCamp

Man...big guy just hasn't been able to stay healthy for a few years now. Hopefully minor.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Marvin49":3rm8by1j said:
ringless":3rm8by1j said:

Man...big guy just hasn't been able to stay healthy for a few years now. Hopefully minor.

I think it will be minor, not that much information has been provided. I know he hasn't missed a game in the last 3 years so it appears he has likely played through past injuries. With almost a month until the season starts I think he will be fine.

The Seahawks however have to be one of the luckiest teams injury wise the last couple seasons. Must be the skittles

Marvin49

Reaction score
ringless":2736ljt9 said:
Marvin49":2736ljt9 said:
ringless":2736ljt9 said:

I think it will be minor, not that much information has been provided. I know he hasn't missed a game in the last 3 years so it appears he has likely played through past injuries. With almost a month until the season starts I think he will be fine.

The Seahawks however have to be one of the luckiest teams injury wise the last couple seasons. Must be the skittles

He hasn't missed games, but he's exited games and broke his ankle in the NFCCG. Struggled all year last year trying to recover from it.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Marvin49":35dgts0o said:
ringless":35dgts0o said:
Marvin49":35dgts0o said:
ringless":35dgts0o said:

He hasn't missed games, but he's exited games and broke his ankle in the NFCCG. Struggled all year last year trying to recover from it.

I see, thank you for the information

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":39uq7me4 said:
Ringless, thanks for starting this thread it's been great. And Marvin and Popeye the 49er updates are well done.

I just want to second this too. I appreciate hearing from civilized fans of other teams even if some of my fellow 12s find it difficult to be civilized in return. :thshakehands:

Smellyman

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":27xay24c said:
MizzouHawkGal":27xay24c said:
Ringless, thanks for starting this thread it's been great. And Marvin and Popeye the 49er updates are well done.

I just want to second this too. I appreciate hearing from civilized fans of other teams even if some of my fellow 12s find it difficult to be civilized in return. :thshakehands:

imgaine Hawk fans reporting on their camp on webzone or any other forum for that matter. Kudos to all Hawk fans, Cards, Rams and 9ers.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
ringless":3ju1e4yq said:
Marvin49":3ju1e4yq said:
ringless":3ju1e4yq said:

I believe it has a lot to do with rotation. Pete does an amazing job at getting players on the field and that in turn gets players who need a rest, off the field.

We have still suffered significant injuries and at key times like losing Avril and Lane in the super bowl when we were already playing Sherman, Earl and Kam injured.

I think that some think we don't have injuries because they are so familiar with the names on the field but that has much to do with rotation. Getting unknowns on the field makes them less unknown.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Massive fighting to end Rams and Boys.

Rams cancelled Wednesday Oxnard practice.

It's moved to a high school by their hotel 25 miles south. Per a text from Demoff. Not open to public.

I'm told if u have his text u can go. Will see. I have his text.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Just thinking about this today.

Rams fans should be wishing for an awful season. Jeff Fisher has been in the NFL long enough that he is what his track record says he is, which is a guy who captures lightning in a bottle about every 4 or 5 years, and makes his rep off those years.

If he can somehow get a playoff team out of this year, it will lead to him being the Rams coach, no matter where they play, for a few more years. Likely mediocre years. Nope, you Rams fans deserve better. Like Gruden, coaching the Rams in LA? pardon the upcoming political year, but vote for change, not four more years of Fisher.

Also, he needs to let the Saddam Hussein mustache go. He looks like a middle aged rancher from Guadalajara.

rideaducati

Reaction score
RedAlice":rbq8jbmp said:
Massive fighting to end Rams and Boys.

Rams cancelled Wednesday Oxnard practice.

It's moved to a high school by their hotel 25 miles south. Per a text from Demoff. Not open to public.

I'm told if u have his text u can go. Will see. I have his text.

Fisher's team in midseason form already.

Smellyman

Reaction score
ringless":1a0c44kq said:
Marvin49":1a0c44kq said:
ringless":1a0c44kq said:

Seahawks have had injuries all over the place. Oline, Dline, WR, Seconday. To many key players. Coaches/fans/media just don't make excuses for them like some teams...........

Latest posts