Niner fan, and I agree with most the members here

exhilo

Reaction score
I got banned from the webzone for stating that Wilson was the next coming of Joe Montana and Kap was inferior to Wilson.
I was given like 24 hrs to document and substantiate my opinion. Hello! All you needed to do was to watch Wilson in the his first pre-season game and afterwards his rookie year.

Lxx

Reaction score
i got banned from webzone because i stated that the earth rotates around the sun and not the other way around.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Lxx":1eyu26vw said:
i got banned from webzone because i stated that the earth rotates around the sun and not the other way around.

Did you get into the orbital effects of pertubations?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Manbearpig99":wrec42m9 said:
I guarantee "RationNiner" is actually "Richandhandsom"

100% agreed.

:lol:

exhilo":wrec42m9 said:
I got banned from the webzone for stating that Wilson was the next coming of Joe Montana and Kap was inferior to Wilson.

How do explain all the Hawks fans who are regulars there (and regularly defend the Hawks) but have never and will never be banned?

(FWIW I'd ban you for the Joe Montana comparison too, because it shows how little you know about football. Steve Young is a MUUUUUUUCCCCHHH better comparison, dummy. ;) )

(second sidenote: srsly though, I know Tarkenton is the regular comparison but I've been saying Wilson reminded me of Young since Wilson was drafted).

hawk45

Reaction score
I think it's a solid point that a coach who is a former coordinator has an advantage with respect to intimacy with at least one side of the ball. Bradley, Quinn, whoever, it seems pretty certain our defense is always going to have outstanding secondary play as long as Pete's around, and also a mind-meld in terms of the HC and the GM getting together and getting guys, even in later rounds, that fit Pete's defensive scheme so well that they can be starters and even stars no matter what round they come in.

I do still believe Harbaugh is a damned fine coach. Both Stanford and the Niners bear his good-D good run game imprint, that's a winning formula.

I think as an introductory post it was good work. Saying the Hawks are the clear cream of the NFL isn't a stretch.

I also believe that there are only a few teams standing in the way of a repeat, and Niners are at the top of the list to me. Their roster has had some negative impacts during the offseason, but the national talking heads saying the Niners may be a surprise non-playoff team this year are overreacting to the offseason. SF has been near the SB 3 years straight, and were a play away from getting there past us in our own house. They could definitely stop us with some luck this year, it's football.

My personal opinion is nobody stops us as long as Harvin stays healthy, but without Harvin, it's a dogfight much like last year.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^would amend to "As long as Lynch, Harvin, Wilson, and probably ET stay healthy", but for the most part agreed. Hard to argue so far that the Hawks aren't still at the top of the pack. (No pun.)

exhilo

Reaction score
exhilo":9gqw4gfk said:

Popeyejones":9gqw4gfk said:
How do explain all the Hawks fans who are regulars there (and regularly defend the Hawks) but have never and will never be banned?

(FWIW I'd ban you for the Joe Montana comparison too, because it shows how little you know about football. Steve Young is a MUUUUUUUCCCCHHH better comparison, dummy. ;) )

(second sidenote: srsly though, I know Tarkenton is the regular comparison but I've been saying Wilson reminded me of Young since Wilson was drafted).

You may be misunderstanding my comparison. I am not referencing mobility or ability to scramble but in Wilson's poise and composure. Just like Joe, Wilson doesn't succumb to the pressure of the moment. In contrast he rises to the occasion more often than not. Wilson is a big time quarterback, Grace under Pressure if you will just like Joe. But as you stated, I know very little about football.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
exhilo":33rd9tv7 said:
exhilo":33rd9tv7 said:

Popeyejones":33rd9tv7 said:

You may be misunderstanding my comparison. I am not referencing mobility or ability to scramble but in Wilson's poise and composure. Just like Joe, Wilson doesn't succumb to the pressure of the moment. In contrast he rises to the occasion more often than not. Wilson is a big time quarterback, Grace under Pressure if you will just like Joe. But as you stated, I know very little about football.
EXACTLY. And he has both the arm/legs of Steve Young. Personally I liken him to Fran Tarkenton with Joe Montana's "IT factor".

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Oh, the "Joe Cool" persona. Okay, I was saying as an actual player.

In any case the "know little about football" thing was a joke, which I thought was obvious. The joke was that you claimed to be banned for comparing Wilson to a 9ers Hall of Fame QB, and that the "mistake" you made was in not comparing him to the right 9ers Hall of Fame QB.*

(Hate having to explain a joke, ughhh. The old E.B. White quote: Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog. You understand it better but the frog dies in the process.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1lirbvmk said:
Oh, the "Joe Cool" persona. Okay, I was saying as an actual player.

In any case the "know little about football" thing was a joke, which I thought was obvious. The joke was that you claimed to be banned for comparing Wilson to a 9ers Hall of Fame QB, and that the "mistake" you made was in not comparing him to the right 9ers Hall of Fame QB.*

(Hate having to explain a joke, ughhh. The old E.B. White quote: Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog. You understand it better but the frog dies in the process.

My mom (RIP) used to say she would leave my dad in a second for Joe Montana during the 81 season (she was a ND fan and 33 at the time) but it certainly guaranteed that we were not missing Niner games.

The thing about him was that he executed in near perfect fashion and he continued to do so regardless of the roster, including with another team.

Steve Young was an amazing player and difficult to plan for. He was truly mobile, a lefty and I think kind of a spaz at times (similar to a current Niner QB)

I don't know what it is, but if I could pick between the 2 offenses I would choose Joe over Steve every time if I had to win one game for the marbles. Joe was amazing before Rice got there, Young never knew a time without him. It's just a personal preference.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
RationalNiner":325t7zoo said:
I am a long time niner fan, ever since our glory days when we were a dynasty. Been lurking this forum for a year.

I agree with most of what you guys say here. The guys on Webzone are ridiculous and not very bright. Kaepernick needs to learn how to throw an accurate pass. The niner fans are delusional and can't accept the fact that Seattle is just better.

I think you guys will repeat and win the SB this year. We had our chance in 2011 and 2012, but we blew it.

Here's a couple facts for the resident Niner trolls here who always try and talk up the niners.

Wilson >> Kaepernick

PC is a better HC than JH. Hands down.

Seattle's defense >>>> SF defense

Seattle's offense is better than our offense.

Seattle is hands down the best team in the league. The only team that could possibly stop you from repeating is my 49ers combined with a little luck, but that is unlikely due to suspensions, injuries, etc.

Need a napkin to wipe that brown ring off your nose?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":14khtqj2 said:
RationalNiner":14khtqj2 said:
No, it's just no one on those forums want to hear any criticism of the team. If you say Alex isn't the guy, you are called a troll. If you say Singletary was a wrong hire as HC, you are called a troll. If you say Singletary not keeping Martz as OC was a mistake, you are called a dumb troll. If If you say anything critical of the team, you guys all swarm and attack.

I do lurk on .com, however, and it looks like it has improved.

I got no prob with peeps who disagree.

I only ask that you make sense. So far, you have not.

I think his point, is that you're in the minority there, Marv.

Honestly imagine if you were a SEA fan making the same posts on the webzone, that you do here. You'd have been long gone and it would have nothing to do with the quality/accuracy of your posts.

I've seen some Niner fans get absolutely roasted over there for going against the grain.

[edit] and OP, you do strike me as trying a bit too hard. I like to dump on the niners and their fans as much as the next guy but they didn't get to three straight NFCC's by sucking.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Laloosh":1ztd1sip said:
I've seen some Niner fans get absolutely roasted over there for going against the grain.

The phrase they use for some 5k post count Niner fan is "go back to .net" when one of their own leaves the farm.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Laloosh":8p0of8yl said:
Honestly imagine if you were a SEA fan making the same posts on the webzone, that you do here. You'd have been long gone and it would have nothing to do with the quality/accuracy of your posts.

There's probably about the same number of Hawks regulars at the zone as there are 9ers regulars here (three or four). Just as here, they don't really kiss @ss either.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":302c5iqv said:
Now all that they do is hate and whine hate and whine hate and whine, and accuse everyone else of cheating or being bad, while completely trying to cover for their own teams inadequacy.

LOL. The DenialZone in a nutshell. Although I did actually catch multiple comments, with malicious intent but shockingly reasonable in recent moments.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3ghn9tee said:
Laloosh":3ghn9tee said:

There's probably about the same number of Hawks regulars at the zone as there are 9ers regulars here (three or four). Just as here, they don't really kiss @ss either.

I'm familiar with them. Some kiss ass. Some don't. You know what they don't do? Be argumentative. There's a reason for that.

[edit] There have been 3-4 regulars rotating over there for a long time. The only one that's been posting for the past couple of years consistently is LisaTwelve. Hawker84 used to post quite a bit but I think he tired of trying to have a conversation with the reasonable posters only to have a million people interject with 5 pages of emoticons before the person that he was actually talking to could respond. NavyHawk posted once in a while but he hated .NET which didn't exactly hurt him over there.

ZagHawk, Maulbert, JoRo and a couple of others post there now. Zag's the only one that I'm aware of who actually posted here until Maulbert recently started up but his very first post (unless I'm mistaken) was a rant about Niner fans. Think it might be getting to him? Wonder why he didn't make his point (accurate or inaccurate) about Eddie D. over there. Maybe he thought he'd be banned.

There's a reason that 90% of the posts that actually directly rebut a Niner fan's post without being apologetic come from a user with a post count fewer than 10.

OP
OP
R

RationalNiner

Reaction score
Laloosh":123wtwpe said:
Marvin49":123wtwpe said:
RationalNiner":123wtwpe said:
[edit] and OP, you do strike me as trying a bit too hard. I like to dump on the niners and their fans as much as the next guy but they didn't get to three straight NFCC's by sucking.

Trying hard for what? I'm not trying to make friends here. I was more trying to get on the nerve of the other 49er fans that make post after post here that annoy me. The Ray McDonald thread with Marv trying to defend him was what prompted me to sign up.

I've had terrible experiences with other 49er fans. I met a few with a good head on their shoulders but most are completely out of their mind. http://www.reddit.com/u/fourth_down_surprise is an example of another decent fellow 49er fan. The 49er subreddit there isn't actually too bad compared to the other communities. Regardless, I sincerely think we have the dumbest fan base in the NFL. These are thoughts I've held since 08. In fact most of the 49er fans that live here in the Bay Area that I've spoken to in person don't even know much about football and most were not even paying attention to the team during our playoff drought.

Even on other communities such as draftcountdown and footballsfuture, the niner fans there are so god damn annoying. When we traded for Stevie, I wasn't surprised to see a niner fan make a thread "Teams with best WR corp in the league" and he tried to fish for compliments about the 49ers because of the Stevie acquisition. I've seen this everywhere, all the time. It's always the niner fans insecure about the team trying to fish for compliments.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":39j2d2rl said:
lvnginhwktwn":39j2d2rl said:
Need a napkin to wipe that brown ring off your nose?
Just give him the one you used for your upper lip Lvng.

Right loaf cause I'm such a kiss ass, give me a break. I think the only thing we've agreed on [we meaning myself and the Hawk brethren here] is the fact that cinaspurts is a delusional, you know.

Laloosh

Reaction score
lvng, i'd edit that post... the use of asterisks doesn't really fly around here.