No charges for Aldon Smith over bomb threat

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Anybody know if the flight was delayed at all that he was waiting to board because of saying "bomb"? If it was delayed even two minutes because of it, then it's not victimless, IMO. I value even three seconds of my time more than a celebrity athlete's juvenile sense of humor.

NorCal

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":qkbqhgxz said:
[Going to rehab and taking 5 games to do it doesn't touch on the 3 firearm felonies. Don't lie to yourself Popeye, it's not like you. There are people in CA prisons right now serving nearly a year for having 2 high capacity mags that came with their pistols purchased out of state and others serving more for having more than one assault rifle. When Smith bought his firearms in AZ he had to present ID that stated he was a CA resident. This in turn required documentation that Smith knew not to bring it into CA.

It is not about leniency, it is about how we know Smith won't get anything like regular folk does when doing the same thing. Possibly nothing but probation. To think that the 5 games he took for rehab touches on the suspension for the felonies is being very optimistic and the media has NO idea what is really going to go down.

The media also said a deal would be made, that Smith would beat the charges altogether. 2 games is a bit light for 3 felonies assuming Roger counts the DUI convictions as covered. I think Smith somehow misses 4 games, I could be very, very wrong but it doesn't seem consistent with other suspensions.

Hey, Smith is going to miss games, ones that Bowman isn't available in and whether it is 2, 4 or 6 it comes with impact.

No offense, but I have to call bs on the bolded part. I hear people throw these types of false "facts" out there. I know people in both the District Attorney offices and correctional system. People don't go away for a year for just having high capacity mags if it is a first offense. The ones in prison have usually done something else as well, and the weapons possession charges are added on top. Its disingenuous to say people go to prison for a first offense of possessing more than one assault rifle. There usually is more to the story.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
NorCal":q400vdo7 said:
loafoftatupu":q400vdo7 said:
[Going to rehab and taking 5 games to do it doesn't touch on the 3 firearm felonies. Don't lie to yourself Popeye, it's not like you. There are people in CA prisons right now serving nearly a year for having 2 high capacity mags that came with their pistols purchased out of state and others serving more for having more than one assault rifle. When Smith bought his firearms in AZ he had to present ID that stated he was a CA resident. This in turn required documentation that Smith knew not to bring it into CA.

It is not about leniency, it is about how we know Smith won't get anything like regular folk does when doing the same thing. Possibly nothing but probation. To think that the 5 games he took for rehab touches on the suspension for the felonies is being very optimistic and the media has NO idea what is really going to go down.

The media also said a deal would be made, that Smith would beat the charges altogether. 2 games is a bit light for 3 felonies assuming Roger counts the DUI convictions as covered. I think Smith somehow misses 4 games, I could be very, very wrong but it doesn't seem consistent with other suspensions.

Hey, Smith is going to miss games, ones that Bowman isn't available in and whether it is 2, 4 or 6 it comes with impact.

No offense, but I have to call bs on the bolded part. I hear people throw these types of false facts out there. I know people in both the District Attorney offices and correctional system. People don't go away for a year for just having high capacity mags if it is a first offense. The ones in prison have usually done something else as well, and the weapons possession charges are added on top. Its disingenuous to say people go to prison for a first offense of possessing more than one assault rifle. There usually is more to the story.
There is no such thing as a false fact.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3sazgbyi said:
Anybody know if the flight was delayed at all that he was waiting to board because of saying "bomb"? If it was delayed even two minutes because of it, then it's not victimless, IMO. I value even three seconds of my time more than a celebrity athlete's juvenile sense of humor.

From what I understand, it was not. The interesting thing to me that never made any sense is that he was arrested at the gate. If he'd really made a serious threat, he never should have made it through security. The only thing I can guess is that he made a comment as he was walking away, the agent said something to a superior and they went and got him.

As far as I know tho, it didn't delay the flight.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2dmxwxwv said:
NorCal":2dmxwxwv said:
loafoftatupu":2dmxwxwv said:

No offense, but I have to call bs on the bolded part. I hear people throw these types of false facts out there. I know people in both the District Attorney offices and correctional system. People don't go away for a year for just having high capacity mags if it is a first offense. The ones in prison have usually done something else as well, and the weapons possession charges are added on top. Its disingenuous to say people go to prison for a first offense of possessing more than one assault rifle. There usually is more to the story.
There is no such thing as a false fact.

I think that's kinda the point.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
NorCal":2awbioto said:
loafoftatupu":2awbioto said:

No offense, but I have to call bs on the bolded part. I hear people throw these types of false "facts" out there. I know people in both the District Attorney offices and correctional system. People don't go away for a year for just having high capacity mags if it is a first offense. The ones in prison have usually done something else as well, and the weapons possession charges are added on top. Its disingenuous to say people go to prison for a first offense of possessing more than one assault rifle. There usually is more to the story.
I said prison. It is actually jail, the difference being that they can serve long periods of time in smaller facilities for those crimes in CA rather than traditional prison and yes for mags. and screw you. They go. I give you "uncle Ron". Now he isn't the model citizen, but had minor offenses on his record until the LAPD found two 17 round mags in his truck, not even in the pistol. 5 months for each felony. In LA county for 8.

EDIT: I owe you an apology. After confirmation, it was that "uncle Ron" had modified mags to accept 17 rounds and took the rap for manufacturing rather than ratting the guy who made them.

He was sentenced to 14 months (7 for each felony) and had to do 8. Probably should have asked. Aldon didn't have pistol mags, he had the models on the banned list. At 16 months a piece, how much time do you think a regular citizen gets? According to "uncle Ron" he seemed to think that they sentence at 50% of the maximum and release earlier for good behavior and to make space.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
So what's the guess on the suspension? Roger Goodell can be bi-polar, so who knows? A lot of folks seem to think 2 games. I am in the 4 game camp, does anyone think he could possibly get more than 4? (This assumes NO time in jail that causes him to miss a game)

It's kind of shitty because if Smith were in WA, he wouldn't have been charged at all. In fact most states would allow those weapons. I wonder if Goodell measures that or if he just sees 3 felonies.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":34f9kjhi said:
So what's the guess on the suspension? Roger Goodell can be bi-polar, so who knows? A lot of folks seem to think 2 games. I am in the 4 game camp, does anyone think he could possibly get more than 4? (This assumes NO time in jail that causes him to miss a game)

It's kind of shitty because if Smith were in WA, he wouldn't have been charged at all. In fact most states would allow those weapons. I wonder if Goodell measures that or if he just sees 3 felonies.
I think Rog is an ussypay, I think he realizes that Alldumb missing for any length of time could kill the whiners season, I am going with a slap on the wrist, a dirty glare from Rog, and a stern talking to on the condition of if he gets arrested again they will force him to ground him for a game or 2. Rog has let "Alldumb" crap on "the shield" so far, why change now?

GLOCKHAWK

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":588s0cso said:
GLOCKHAWK":588s0cso said:
No charges for Colin Kaepernick , no charges for Aldon Smith...probably NO charges for Chris Culliver. Man this franchise is "blessed"!
Maybe OJ is channeling the spirit of Johnny Cochran to get them some breaks behind the scenes.

Attachments

• 10420320_727433277315681_7451502959767254916_n.jpg
    10420320_727433277315681_7451502959767254916_n.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1,800

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2hxjwrjc said:
Sports Hernia":2hxjwrjc said:
I think Rog is an ussypay,
I think Saints fans have something to say to you about that.
The saints are not one of Rog's "legacy teams". No way he comes down that hard on a Pissburgh, NE, GB, Dallas, SF, Giants, no way. Oh, and I think Saints fans believe Rog is a ussypay amongst other things.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":d7uta04l said:

I've been thinking 4-8.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":1ytr9ttc said:
loafoftatupu":1ytr9ttc said:

I've been thinking 4-8.
8! You Marvin? Now 4 I can honestly see, if Rog is menstruating maybe 6, but 8 would mean that Smith must have slept with Mrs. Goodell. Rog seems to hand out 4 like it is a recorded macro.

Heh.. watch him get 2. Roethlisraper gets accused, not even charged and gets more than Smith, convicted of 3 felonies.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":31fperrk said:
Roethlisraper gets accused, not even charged and gets more than Smith, convicted of 3 felonies.
That didn't happen, Loaf. Sports Hernia says Goodell just protects the golden boy franchises in the NFL, of which the Stealers are one.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3a45forl said:
loafoftatupu":3a45forl said:
Roethlisraper gets accused, not even charged and gets more than Smith, convicted of 3 felonies.
That didn't happen, Loaf. Sports Hernia says Goodell just protects the golden boy franchises in the NFL, of which the Stealers are one.
I know you are a "Rog guy" and that is fine, as we all have our opinions, and I would prefer to not go down that rabbit hole again.... 8) I would be stunned if Alldumbs punishment is more than Rapistburger's.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
See, that's the thing. I'm not a "Rog guy". Well, maybe I am by your definition, since anybody that doesn't have loathing, vehement hatred for him is a lover.

I'm calling it now, Aldon's punishment will be worse than Rapistberger's when factoring in the games he missed due to rehab.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2vhgljcc said:
See, that's the thing. I'm not a "Rog guy". Well, maybe I am by your definition, since anybody that doesn't have loathing, vehement hatred for him is a lover.

I'm calling it now, Aldon's punishment will be worse than Rapistberger's when factoring in the games he missed due to rehab.

OK.. so let's say he counts the 5 games towards the DUI stuff. With 2 it would have been the default 4 games. THEN add the 3 felony gun charges. A total of 5 convictions, 3 of which are felonies. Gotta be about 4 games. The moron shouldn't get credit for the judicial system hearing all of them at one tim, it was 5 different deals

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I completely and utterly agree, Loaf. Nevertheless, that's what's happening. Fortunate for Whiner fans, not so much for the other 7,000,000,000 people on the planet.