No charges for Aldon Smith over bomb threat

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3la2pcsq said:
Marvin49":3la2pcsq said:
Scottemojo":3la2pcsq said:
There is no such thing as a false fact.

I think that's kinda the point.
Way to Roethlisberger that one, Scotte. 8)
English 101. A fact cannot be false, thus modifying the word with false is improper. False claim would have been the term to go with. False fact = true lie. C'mon, grammar nazi, do your job.
in other words, I DID NOT ROETHLISBERGER IT.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with grammar, you were pointing out something excessively obvious, Roethlisberger.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2pgk56hy said:
It has nothing to do with grammar, you were pointing out something excessively obvious, Roethlisberger.
That a niner fan can't write English? So be it. I'm Roethlisberger.

Excuse me while I go to the ladies room.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3lmmgg0l said:
RolandDeschain":3lmmgg0l said:
That a niner fan can't write English? So be it. I'm Roethlisberger.

Excuse me while I go to the ladies room.
Noooooo, don't do it! There are better ways to get laid, Scotte!!!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":13uxsvph said:
I completely and utterly agree, Loaf. Nevertheless, that's what's happening. Fortunate for Whiner fans, not so much for the other 7,000,000,000 people on the planet.
I don't consider it a real issue. It isn't like I have a problem with the guy playing. It is just pathetic that someone that stupid will be treated differently. I could understand if he was some sort of leader or influential figure, but Smith is just a 5 alarm dumbshit, I mean really really stupid.

I am very confident that this won't be the last we hear from Smith in the legal arena. I just truly hope that he doesn't hurt anyone else doing it.

Largent80

Reaction score
I really don't give a shit about Smith. He can do whatever he wants, and he can get his ass handed to him by the Hawks as karma.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Largent80":2g6qtbjc said:
I really don't give a shit about Smith. He can do whatever he wants, and he can get his ass handed to him by the Hawks as karma.
Hell yes.. we NEED that guy out there, especially when pinned back on the goal line. Besides, the more drool he leaves on the turf the better chance that Bowman and Willis have of slipping in it when in pursuit.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":o5bem1zs said:
See, that's the thing. I'm not a "Rog guy". Well, maybe I am by your definition, since anybody that doesn't have loathing, vehement hatred for him is a lover.

I'm calling it now, Aldon's punishment will be worse than Rapistberger's when factoring in the games he missed due to rehab.
Honestly Ro, I hope you are right on the punishment, but I trust Rog about as far as I can throw his conceded ass, and I have a bad back. 8)

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2lw69qie said:
RolandDeschain":2lw69qie said:
See, that's the thing. I'm not a "Rog guy". Well, maybe I am by your definition, since anybody that doesn't have loathing, vehement hatred for him is a lover.

I'm calling it now, Aldon's punishment will be worse than Rapistberger's when factoring in the games he missed due to rehab.
Honestly Ro, I hope you are right on the punishment, but I trust Rog about as far as I can throw his conceded ass, and I have a bad back. 8)
You also have bad grammar. 8)

(Hint: it's 'conceited'...)

@Loaf: I don't really care about him playing either, but I want much stiffer penalties for these idiots because it might help prevent some future draft pick of ours from screwing the team out of playing time if they're more likely to avoid it after seeing truly life-altering penalties for this kind of garbage. I want it to hurt.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2gdh2k7e said:
Sports Hernia":2gdh2k7e said:
RolandDeschain":2gdh2k7e said:

You also have bad grammar. 8)

(Hint: it's 'conceited'...)

@Loaf: I don't really care about him playing either, but I want much stiffer penalties for these idiots because it might help prevent some future draft pick of ours from screwing the team out of playing time if they're more likely to avoid it after seeing truly life-altering penalties for this kind of garbage. I want it to hurt.
Yes, I no I have badd gramer, speling not so grate ehter. 8)
Thank gawd a speling or gramer be dint breek out. 8) :stirthepot:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3bbddz0e said:
Sports Hernia":3bbddz0e said:

It gave me cancer
Have to admit I chuckled at that gif. :th2thumbs:

frase32

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2cygo5kr said:
RolandDeschain":2cygo5kr said:
Sports Hernia":2cygo5kr said:

It gave me cancer

Unfortunately it wasn't a gif. I feel like I've contributed to this thread in a positive manner now.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3l4chlfd said:

That's a great point. I mean just look at how easily a precedent can demonstrate the leniency in the league. I worry about that too. If they think they can get away with it they are willing to risk a few games that the team needs from them.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
frase32":82qlq64h said:
Sports Hernia":82qlq64h said:
RolandDeschain":82qlq64h said:
Sports Hernia":82qlq64h said:

It gave me cancer

Unfortunately it wasn't a gif. I feel like I've contributed to this thread in a positive manner now.
That's debatable! ;)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2i1z6uco said:
Was talking about the order of events. This predated the rehab, IIRC.

Also, in CA the firearm charges can be charged as felonies or misdemeanors in the sentencing.

So just what in THEE hell are you implying Popeye? That because the GUN FELONIES predated rehab that rehab has some effect on the GUN FELONIES?

The firearm CHARGES cant be CHARGED as felonies or misdemeanors in the sentencing, but if a Niner fan judge wants his felon out on the field as badly as we do, then he can reduce the CONVICTIONS to misdemeanors. He also could have done that at the time he found Smith GUILTY of 3 felonies, typically when this step occurs as a wobbler offense. Assuming he will reduce them to 3 misdemeanors, even though there is absolutely no reason to so.

Roger will take care of Aldon.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":38mci135 said:
RolandDeschain":38mci135 said:

That's a great point. I mean just look at how easily a precedent can demonstrate the leniency in the league. I worry about that too. If they think they can get away with it they are willing to risk a few games that the team needs from them.

Also is the fact that some youngsters are out looking at some of these role models and seeing not only their capabilities on the field, but what they can get away with off the field. Sets a bad precedent for the younger generation.

4freakin9

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1zpi6hsc said:
loafoftatupu":1zpi6hsc said:
RolandDeschain":1zpi6hsc said:

Also is the fact that some youngsters are out looking at some of these role models and seeing not only their capabilities on the field, but what they can get away with off the field. Sets a bad precedent for the younger generation.

This type of stuff is typical of almost any young and wealthy group of people. The NFL is popular and because of that is scrutinized a great deal. Howabout young Disney stars and the precedent they set? From Miley to Shia Ladouch, they are a much higher percentage of bad role models than football players per capita. Young + Rich = bad role model in a lot of different settings. What the younger generation needs to learn is that unless you have a buttload of money, you will not be able to get away with the things people on TV get away with.